Author Topic: How fun is it to see F-15s, F-16 and F-35 coming back without missiles?  (Read 499 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: How fun is it to see F-15s, F-16 and F-35 coming back without missiles?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2024, 10:07:52 AM »
I have no doubt that there will be a response to the drone / missile attack. Not responding, even though the attack was embarrassingly ineffective, would be seen as weakness by the "players". The end game for the arabs, especially hamas and hezbola is the elimination of Israel, period end of story. I know several arab countries are "making nice" but I would not turn my back on them if I were Israel.

I rather expect a calculated and very precise response. Probably on the general in charge of drones and the one in charge of missiles. I have no doubt they know that Israel knows who they are and they are hiding as deep as they can get.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2024, 10:11:03 AM »
Iran seemingly offered "peace" when they said they consider the matter concluded. Then they just said they will destroy Israel if there is the "tiniest invasion". Iran has long talked a big game. Does anyone believe anything they say?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2024, 11:10:34 AM »
Welp..  that's about enough..

Shut er' down Skuz!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2024, 11:55:01 AM »
In my opinion, this Iranian response was purely:

1. Performative kabuki for their domestic audience.  They had to do something and make it look impressive.  but come on.  Half of what they launched was slow propellor driven stuff with a 9 hr flight time and they announced at launch. 

2.  Creates an awkward situation for the Saudis and other Muslims who have been improving relations with Israel.  Create a wedge issue that forces them to pull back or anger their own street.

Seems to me it was mostly for show and measured to not really go for the throat.  And carefully telegraphed to all parties especially the US. 

Full scale war at the moment isn't really to Iran's advantage at the moment. 
Israel has bigger fish to fry.
US has an election coming up and doesn't need to hassle.

My guess is everyone has gotten a shove in and proved their manliness.  Everyone will put their joysticks back in their trousers move back to the normal level of tit-for-tat.

Of course, someone could get stupid.

What all bad the actors are doing is sapping resources of the US. 
It goes along with soldier age young men from china who will likely be activated into shooting up power transmission stations.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2024, 01:24:45 PM »
All fun and games 'til someone gets a nuke in the eye.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Iran seemingly offered "peace" when they said they consider the matter concluded. Then they just said they will destroy Israel if there is the "tiniest invasion". Iran has long talked a big game. Does anyone believe anything they say?

Nah. Doubt it.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Nah. Doubt it.

At some point I hope they don't show us just how far they are along in their nuke program we have assisted with billions of $$$$

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
At some point I hope they don't show us just how far they are along in their nuke program we have assisted with billions of $$$$

Eagler

It's Iran.  If they could, they would.  It's who they are.... and it ain't like they haven't been saying what they want to do for decades.  Centuries?  I don't even know.

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
All fun and games 'til someone gets a nuke in the eye.

Aye, we're probably getting as close as we were in the 60ies except now there are no maintained fallout shelters. Heck I bet anybody under 40 has ever done a "duck and cover drill" (not that it would have helped) I remember sitting under my desk in grade school thinking: "this isn't going to help much."

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Civil defense in general and the survivability of the country is now less important then making everyone drive electric cars and buy solar panels
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
They marched us into the halls where we knelt along the walls and put our hands over our necks. This was in case of tornados. Being in Dallas that made it plausible.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Was listening to a report today. An examination of the drones downed in both Israel AND Ukraine (Russian drones) found they are chock full of parts made in the west, including in the U.S.

It seems they're being pretty lax on the export restrictions. Lax to an exceptionally stupid level.

So, we're funding both sides of two wars. Not surprising at this point, given the level of criminal corruption in our government.

I have little problem with funding nations that are resisting Russia (today's Russia is little different from 1939 Russia, that allied itself with Nazi Germany), or Russian proxies (Russia backs Iran with supplies), but I do have a problem with funding/supplying both sides. As well as the blank check given Ukraine, with little accountability. Putin is little, if any better than Stalin. I'm good with keeping them in check and bleeding them financially.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Ya'll got your bunkers stocked?

I think it's on.  :salute :noid :salute

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
Ya'll got your bunkers stocked?

I think it's on.  :salute :noid :salute

Don't make me start wearing my tin-foil helmet!