Author Topic: LOST UDP Session swithc to utp or sumin similar  (Read 584 times)

Offline Drako

• Zinc Member
LOST UDP Session swithc to utp or sumin similar
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »
I keep getting that LOST UDP then host connection lost.I used ping plotter to trace my route to www.Hitechcreations.com   I am loosing all packets! here is a image as i have been advised todo from the FAQ. Plz help HTC.

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/2223/wwwhitechcreationscomya7.png

Offline Drako

• Zinc Member
Re: LOST UDP Session swithc to utp or sumin similar
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 04:11:22 AM »
I was told i would be helped by a member on the HTC team to figure out this problem. Obviously no one on the forum has got a clue thats why they havent replied.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 04:58:20 AM »
It was 7:30 pm at the offices of HTC when you first posted. It is now 5 am there and a national holiday today. They will be closed.

The address you are using for the trace is not the IP address for the arenas, but your problems are in the routing with BT across the Atlantic. You should contact BT with this information.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 06:31:05 AM »
It is not uncommon for this type of problem to pop up from time to time with BT.  As this is a major holiday in the U.S., I think everyone can expect worse than usual issues with the Internet.

Drako, our office is not open 24 hours a day.  We enjoy our time off, but still keep a watchful eye on things so we may take care of major service issues.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 07:18:27 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 07:03:03 AM »
I was told i would be helped by a member on the HTC team to figure out this problem. Obviously no one on the forum has got a clue thats why they havent replied.

Easy Drako.  HTC do a great job of supporting the game and as explained it is a public holiday for them.  Some more information would be useful like whether you are using a router?  have you enabled the ports on your routers firewall for AH to use?

Here are some points from Skuzzy's help post.

1) Make sure you have MAC broadcasting enabled in your router. This keeps your ISP from having to rediscover your Ethernet MAC address. If you do not have this enabled, and your ISP's router has to go through discovery you will get switched from UDP to TCP/IP by Aces High due to lost packets.

2) If you are on a network with a dynamic IP and the ISP expires the lease forcing your router to get a new IP address, you will again be switched to TCP/IP from UDP by Aces High due to lost packets and you will probably lose your connection to the servers.

3) If your router or cable/dsl modem is connected to your computer through a USB port, you can expect to lose UDP a lot, as well as unreliable connections to the servers overall. You should have this device connected to an Ethernet port or unreliability will result.

If you have NAT enabled on your router, UDP may not work at all, as there are problems with some versions of firmware in routers that keep them from handling UDP in the translation tables, and this becomes worse with more computers on your LAN.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 07:07:34 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 08:46:43 AM »
It is not uncommon for this type of problem to pop up from time to time with BT.  As this is a major holiday in the U.S., I think everyone can expect worse than usual issues with the Internet.

Drako, our office is not open 24 hours a day.  We enjoy our time off, but still keep a watchful eye on things so we may take care of major service issues.

Hey Skuzzy, just a question. When it asks you to switch from "UDP to TCP" how do you do that? Is it something you can do in-game? Or from your internet Modem?  :aok
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Drako

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 06:53:42 AM »
I've recently just came back to the game and i'd like to apologise for the disrespectful manner of my previous reply.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 06:57:04 AM »
Hey Skuzzy, just a question. When it asks you to switch from "UDP to TCP" how do you do that?

It does not ask you to do anything. The game just informs you that it is doing it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »
I've recently just came back to the game and i'd like to apologise for the disrespectful manner of my previous reply.

I'm sure HT appreciates your apology, but really... this was almost two years ago... it's not quite necessary.  Enjoy the game!