Author Topic: Stirring.  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Stirring.
« on: July 06, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »
Please make it stop.

make the aircraft suffer control surface damage from it.

make the plane not respond to inputs that rapid.

.... make my bullets bigger....  anything.. 

I'm really having a hard time finding something that annoys me more about this game than getting D200 on someones 6 only to see their plane gyrate and flop all over the place..  of course it never "works" but the kill costs more ammo.. and im stingy.. what with the economy the way it is.. gas prices and such, I had to get a second job at pizza hut just to keep the jug topped off.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
Re: Stirring.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »
Please make it stop.

make the aircraft suffer control surface damage from it.

make the plane not respond to inputs that rapid.

.... make my bullets bigger....  anything.. 

I'm really having a hard time finding something that annoys me more about this game than getting D200 on someones 6 only to see their plane gyrate and flop all over the place..  of course it never "works" but the kill costs more ammo.. and im stingy.. what with the economy the way it is.. gas prices and such, I had to get a second job at pizza hut just to keep the jug topped off.

Please back me up in saying it's usually Spit XVI pilots that do this. I see it from them more often than not.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 04:53:21 PM »
Please back me up in saying it's usually Spit XVI pilots that do this. I see it from them more often than not.
Usually anyone, at least, when I'm on their six does it. Yes, mostly Spit XVI and Lgay-7 pilots do it. Pony's included.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 04:54:06 PM »
Usually sticks in 'uber' planes- La7, Spit16, Spit8, Niki, and P51.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »
spixteens, LAs... any plane that is "fast" and when n00b pilot that is flying it realizes he cant  outrun the jug that just arrived on his 6 from low earth orbit, he starts dancing the jig because he doesent know how to do anything else..
t
I usually just chop throttle, drop back a smidgen and hose what I perceive to the the center of the undulating spasm that is this guys "evasive maneuver"

costs more ammo to do the job though :furious

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 05:23:04 PM »
Simple fix: model pilot strain for neg-g maneuvers.  Most of the impossible stuff you see when someone's dancing the fancy chicken are negative-g maneuvers that would burst the eyeballs of a real pilot.  For instance, if after a red-out the screen stayed red for a much longer time, you'd see a lot of this stuff stop.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 05:27:19 PM »
Simple fix: model pilot strain for neg-g maneuvers.  Most of the impossible stuff you see when someone's dancing the fancy chicken are negative-g maneuvers that would burst the eyeballs of a real pilot.  For instance, if after a red-out the screen stayed red for a much longer time, you'd see a lot of this stuff stop.

that also applies to that retarded negative g barrel roll looking thing i seen every now and then..

pilots brains would be coming out of his nose.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 05:30:47 PM »
     Yeah, it's really annoying when they just don't lay there and take it  :rolleyes:
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »
     Yeah, it's really annoying when they just don't lay there and take it  :rolleyes:

yea, im behind you.. die.. dont be a jerk and wiggle away. :aok

but really, nobody expects anyone to "take it"  but don't resort to flippant absurd "maneuvers" that in real life would probably damage the control surfaces and would DEFIANTLY leave the pilot in the mental state of a half green tomato.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 06:36:25 PM »
My favorite is when they are literally going 0 mph and watching the plane just spasm everywhere. You know, when the tail appears where the nosed was half a second ago.. that kind of stuff.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 06:39:15 PM »

+1

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 06:41:39 PM »

nobody expects anyone to "take it"  but don't resort to flippant absurd "maneuvers" that in real life would probably damage the control surfaces and would DEFIANTLY leave the pilot in the mental state of a half green tomato.

Amen, brotha.

Ya like those clowns that do that in their IL2's.. their brain would be smashed against the roof of their skull.  Defininitely needs a fix, IMHO.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 06:42:28 PM »
Well they see a good pilots behind em and freak out. 
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 06:59:22 PM »

:rofl :aok
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 07:41:31 PM »
Had a couple of dweeb16 sticks do such a hard yank lately they seem to rip a wing clean off. I guess even a Tie fighter can have it's querks..  :lol

<S>...-Gixer