Author Topic: Stirring.  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Re: Stirring.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 09:13:53 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

what the hell?!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 10:10:15 PM »
Usually sticks in 'uber' planes- La7, Spit16, Spit8, Niki, and P51.

Please don't leave out the 190 and 109 crowd too ... they are infamous for the "land trout" maneuver ... which would turn most men to jello.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 10:14:32 PM »
Please don't leave out the 190 and 109 crowd too ... they are infamous for the "land trout" maneuver ... which would turn most men to jello.
Yes, I can get the 109s and 190s to flop around very well . . .

Usually unintentionally while tracking a target, but very well.

:D

oops, wait . . .  :cry
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 10:42:09 PM »
that also applies to that retarded negative g barrel roll looking thing i seen every now and then..

pilots brains would be coming out of his nose.

When i see someone do that I know I have a kill.  It's a highly recognizable sign of a n00b.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 11:49:22 PM »
I think modeling flight control damage as a result of "abusive maneuvering" would be ideal..

but a more simple and probably equally effective solution would be to enhance the debilitating effects of redout..  make is so if you go FULL redout (which takes some pretty heavy neg G loading i think) have it create a condition similar to the "total blackout" that is currently modeled..  I.E. you stay redded out for several seconds during which there is a loss of all control input.. 

result being when goofball starts doing the "land trout" as slapshot put it ( :rofl BTW) their antics would be quickly halted when they red out and lost command of their controls.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 11:52:26 PM »
Pony's included.

When I fly my pony, I dont do anything wierd, I just do a rolling-scissors or a regular reverse. Any one usually works.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 12:09:57 AM »
Had a couple of dweeb16 sticks do such a hard yank lately they seem to rip a wing clean off. I guess even a Tie fighter can have it's querks..  :lol

<S>...-Gixer

interestingly enough today I had the same person flying a Tie16 try to pick me doing 450+ then pull hard up to avoid the snapshot
and ripped his wings off not once, but twice. Funny thing is I did same thing in a 262 today - tryin to drop flaps and turn fight a p51 who I got to blow his E I pulled little to hard doing 375 and ripped my wings off, I wish i had screenshot what he pm'd me was something along line of "Want to get away for awhile? grab a snickers"

Offline GrimCH

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 12:24:19 AM »
LoL, I did that a few weeks ago with a 262. Ripped half the wings off on both sides, trying to turn fight. :eek:

It took 2 approaches to land the son of gun.
GR!M
(MotleyCH Tour 66 thru 100)
=S= 68KO
364th MotleyAces/CH

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 12:30:12 AM »
LoL, I did that a few weeks ago with a 262. Ripped half the wings off on both sides, trying to turn fight. :eek:

It took 2 approaches to land the son of gun.

I still would like to learn how you turn that Hurricane so quick.  I'm still sore from the spanking you gave me in my Spit a few days ago :furious       :salute
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline GrimCH

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 12:47:36 AM »
I still would like to learn how you turn that Hurricane so quick.  I'm still sore from the spanking you gave me in my Spit a few days ago :furious       :salute

Wrong Grim, dude.

I fly Hogs, mostly.
GR!M
(MotleyCH Tour 66 thru 100)
=S= 68KO
364th MotleyAces/CH

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 12:51:59 AM »
Wrong Grim, dude.

I fly Hogs, mostly.

sORRY
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 02:18:25 AM »
Yawn.  Easy kill.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 07:46:27 AM »
190s.  Born, to do it
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 08:01:50 AM »
Please make it stop.

make the aircraft suffer control surface damage from it.

make the plane not respond to inputs that rapid.

.... make my bullets bigger....  anything.. 

I'm really having a hard time finding something that annoys me more about this game than getting D200 on someones 6 only to see their plane gyrate and flop all over the place..  of course it never "works" but the kill costs more ammo.. and im stingy.. what with the economy the way it is.. gas prices and such, I had to get a second job at pizza hut just to keep the jug topped off.

i see it in fw's ponys, la's, spits, basicly anything that gets in front of me anc can only hope to outrun.
it;s normal in here......deal with it. i turn away from them as soon as io see that. they come back to kill me. sometimes they come back for me to kill them.  :O
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 08:05:33 AM »
When i see someone do that I know I have a kill.  It's a highly recognizable sign of a n00b.

ack-ack

Not always true. I've seen some vets in the game freakout when you throw a few rounds at em'.They're so used to pickin' from 15K that they totally crap theirselves when they become the picked.  :lol
Lighten up Francis