Author Topic: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**  (Read 16465 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 08:22:33 AM »
In the past, and most recently the last week or so there have been a few players who use the vox loophole for "SPY" purposes.  Currently a player may switch sides and then remain in contact with players on private channels regardless of country affiliation.  Last Saturday, 7-5-08 three missions were blown due to a side switcher joining mission and then alerting his squaddies who reported to country the mission target and location. Mission met with 20 or sore uppers even though it was noe with no DAR . This player was "Johhnyjr".  I am sure he is not the only one who uses this loophole to his advantage, but the one who was caught.  It was noticed that he switched and it was reported to a mission member what he was doing on his country channel.  I believe that a Jokers Jokers member has the event recorded as he reported on vox 269.
This takes away from the game one of the most important factions, that being the FUN part.  Please High Tech will you address the VOX issue if possible to eliminate the ability of players to use the loophole. It should not be the players  paying the 15 dollars a month to monitor such events but the service provider, in my opinion ,who eliminates the possibility of the cheat.  Once a players switches sides he should only be able to communicate with that side with voice and text. How has this gone overlooked for so long?  I have been playing for I believe 4 years now as Skully6 and Skully7 and to have the enjoyment "I Pay for "allowed to be ruined by some "Noobie or Dweeb" (to use some 200 terminology) this I will not tolerate anymore.  
Ever heard of private messages?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline KooLBreeZ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 08:22:58 AM »
Seen a friendly in a jeep run an enemy tiger near base supply's yesterday after smoking his turret is that cheating?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 08:27:35 AM »
remove vox altogether.   Problem solved.

Just a wee bit drastic ... let's remove it all together because of a few tardlings decide to abuse it ... ain't gonna happen.

Again ... the seriousness that some bring to this GAME fascinates me to no end. Anything that happens in this game should not even make a blip on "lifes" radar ... yet some are driven to frothing at the mouth over gaming incidents ... such as "spying". Some people need to step back and re-evaluate.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 08:44:11 AM »
And if they didn't have vox or PM they'd use a landline, yell from window to window, or find some other way to do it.

Spying happens, sucks when it hits a mission hard, but thats life.

easily solved problem though.....keep the missions to only those pilots whose names you recognize. don't give out details till the mission is populated enough to assign the mission frequency. once mission frequency is assigned, brief all mission pilots, and launch.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 08:46:50 AM »
NOE missions are not the point of his post. Spying is.

spying is and apparently has been part of the game. ya get kids come in here and figure out how to game the game, with the least amount of effort. this is one of those ways. there;s ways around it.

like fugative mentioned up a couple posts.......go in at alt, with some balls, and enjo the fight. it's more fun that way
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 08:47:51 AM »
Seen a friendly in a jeep run an enemy tiger near base supply's yesterday after smoking his turret is that cheating?

No, it's just some dude with a shades account.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 08:47:58 AM »
There is a Trainer who has been doing this for a very long time.  HTC should implement something into the game which would let you know when someone makes you a wingman.

mongo want name  :D

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2008, 08:49:54 AM »
actually if they tell someone, you just get good fights where you're trying to capture. consider it a condition of capture and have fun with it. theres always gonna be someone to blow your cover.

the other side of the coin is that you're milking bases and whining because someone told. bummer dood

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 08:53:55 AM »
ALthough i don't give 2 hoots about the spying or cheating allegations here I do feel there is need for more control or options regarding vox and the squelch features.  

perma squelch, turning off country channel text, muting range but not tuned channel.  etc etc
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 08:59:30 AM »

easily solved problem though.....keep the missions to only those pilots whose names you recognize. don't give out details till the mission is populated enough to assign the mission frequency. once mission frequency is assigned, brief all mission pilots, and launch.

<<S>>

That doesn't stop people from upping with the mission and yelling out on 200 where it took off from.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 09:01:24 AM »
if people cant play nice it gets taken away.  it can be easily abused.  I've had squaddies get verbal, offensive tirades, on private vox.  Range is probably worse with all the shrieking and sometimes swearing.

lock down channels to specific squads is the only way to tighten it up and the option to disable range.  or remove it altogether.

As it is now anyone could mis-behave and get away with it.  

maybe i misunderstood. do you mean remove vox for everyone or just for the people who you consider to be playing unfairly or abusing vox?

P.S.  My only gripe are those people who run multiple computers and accounts to make you a wingman on one account to keep hunting you on the other.  There is a Trainer who has been doing this for a very long time.  HTC should implement something into the game which would let you know when someone makes you a wingman.

hey xargos it aint all that bad surely, most of the people who do that kind of thing wouldnt stand a chance of beating you anyhow :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 09:20:40 AM »

That happens when you get some really nice people :aok.  I had a GV fight with Wonder,he got my turret and after he died brought me some supplies, so nice of him :D.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 09:28:27 AM »

P.S. My only gripe are those people who run multiple computers and accounts to make you a wingman on one account to keep hunting you on the other. There is a Trainer who has been doing this for a very long time.  HTC should implement something into the game which would let you know when someone makes you a wingman.
 :D

well if they can afford shade accounts, and second computers, and have the desire to cheat,
don't you think they would all have cell phones so as to call each other?
 then only we who can't afford such things would be at a disadvantage!
I think it is fine the way it is,
 i like that you have the option of doing as you please,
and your charactor comes out, for all too see!

Flying since tour 71.

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2008, 09:29:21 AM »
Just glad to see I am not the only that has problems with Johnnyjr that guy is on the top of the list of ppl to squelch when I log on. :salute
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2008, 09:34:56 AM »
i agree with the original poster that spy's are crappy, and certainly hamper others fun, but for them its fun to spy(im guessing here)

but to get rid of cross country chat would be a detriment to the game, its funny when you get someone on the other side yelling at you at how much you suk,because they cant kill you, 1vs1.

but really, i do like talking to the opponents i just had a great fight with, some of the coolest people ive met were the red guys at one time or other.

and just for the record not all side switchers are spies, id say most fly for the country with the lowest numbers, and only a very few are actually spies,( although i could be wrong.)