Author Topic: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**  (Read 16807 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 11:56:52 AM »
....and you were running an NOE for what reason?  To steal a base with out much opposition maybe? The whole game is setup around one thing, making opportunities to get into a fight. HTC will not change the VOX because by having a "spy" bust your NOE, it created a fight!

Next time, go in with a little balls, buffs at 10k, fighter support, and attacking fighters. 15 guys with a plan can wipe out a base just as easy as an NOE, ya just have to work at it a bit.

Bravo! Well said!

I really don't understand the joy of paying $15 to avoid everyone online by going NOE, just to destroy the same buildings that are available offline.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2008, 12:14:01 PM »
Bravo! Well said!

I really don't understand the joy of paying $15 to avoid everyone online by going NOE, just to destroy the same buildings that are available offline.

I wholeheartedly agree with this...
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 12:25:29 PM »
Nothing needs to be changed except maybe your expectations of the game. If you don't want your precious milk runs found out, then don't broadcast them over country channel. Get some people you trust and quietly get a mission together. Don't post the mission..just get some planes together and fly. Get a program like Skype to talk to other like minded milk runners, that way you will not be overheard while formulating your grand plans to win the war. Lighten up and have some fun.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 12:29:21 PM »
And if they didn't have vox or PM they'd use a landline, yell from window to window, or find some other way to do it.

Good let them, why facilitate it? Its Stupid!
I happen to agree, country to country vox should be shut down..Period!

What Kinda Lame BS is this:
Hey Jeri 6 this is USA 1 we got a very large bomber formation heading on into Berlin from the N. You wanna hurry and intercept it.

The squad channel same friggin thing. I had a squadie ask me, from another side, the other day if there was "anything I want to know about" before he left to come back "Home".  WTF! Nope!

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 12:31:45 PM »

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »
In the past, and most recently the last week or so there have been a few players who use the vox loophole for "SPY" purposes.  Currently a player may switch sides and then remain in contact with players on private channels regardless of country affiliation.  Last Saturday, 7-5-08 three missions were blown due to a side switcher joining mission and then alerting his squaddies who reported to country the mission target and location. Mission met with 20 or sore uppers even though it was noe with no DAR . This player was "Johhnyjr".  I am sure he is not the only one who uses this loophole to his advantage, but the one who was caught.  It was noticed that he switched and it was reported to a mission member what he was doing on his country channel.  I believe that a Jokers Jokers member has the event recorded as he reported on vox 269.
This takes away from the game one of the most important factions, that being the FUN part.  Please High Tech will you address the VOX issue if possible to eliminate the ability of players to use the loophole. It should not be the players  paying the 15 dollars a month to monitor such events but the service provider, in my opinion ,who eliminates the possibility of the cheat.  Once a players switches sides he should only be able to communicate with that side with voice and text. How has this gone overlooked for so long?  I have been playing for I believe 4 years now as Skully6 and Skully7 and to have the enjoyment "I Pay for "allowed to be ruined by some "Noobie or Dweeb" (to use some 200 terminology) this I will not tolerate anymore.   

Skully,i was on this vox the entire time during this occurence,I'm not sure if a JJ was there the WHOLE time recording,but i did hear Johnnyjr say things about joining missions and telling us where they went,i told him it was spying and he lied to himself saying it wasnt

Offline captkaos

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2008, 12:35:15 PM »
While I would be the first to say that spying is a part of war, the problem here is that spying is far too easy and there is no penality if caught.

Now if we can figure out a way to ban a player from being a Knight, Bish, or Rook based on that palyer being caught spying, than it would be a little more realistic.  Not likely to happen.

Offline rip033

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »
Spying aint cool .Should be a 24 hr period before one can change sides.
JaCkRiPr

Offline tech9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2008, 12:58:28 PM »
While I would be the first to say that spying is a part of war, the problem here is that spying is far too easy and there is no penality if caught.

Now if we can figure out a way to ban a player from being a Knight, Bish, or Rook based on that palyer being caught spying, than it would be a little more realistic.  Not likely to happen.

i agree with this punishment option... maybe if cought spying we build gallows in town and hang cartoon piolts

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2008, 01:10:30 PM »
No thanks, I'm already hung.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »

Offline tech9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2008, 01:16:39 PM »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »
There is a Trainer who has been doing this for a very long time. 

Let me guess, Badboy?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »

Good let them, why facilitate it? Its Stupid!
I happen to agree, country to country vox should be shut down..Period!

What Kinda Lame BS is this:
Hey Jeri 6 this is USA 1 we got a very large bomber formation heading on into Berlin from the N. You wanna hurry and intercept it.

The squad channel same friggin thing. I had a squadie ask me, from another side, the other day if there was "anything I want to know about" before he left to come back "Home".  WTF! Nope!

WOW ... that quite a stance that you have taken on the subject ... yet you continue to fly with a squad/squaddies that obviously have no problem cheating/spying ... how do you sleep at night ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2008, 01:20:09 PM »
Spying aint cool .Should be a 24 hr period before one can change sides.

Nope.  That would hinder those of us that regularly switch sides to help with the country with the low numbers.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song