Author Topic: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**  (Read 16967 times)

Offline SKYGUNS

• Nickel Member
Re: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2008, 06:56:50 AM »
Spying is just another way of gameplay. Not that i agree with it, i hate it, But it is a tactic that most of us do not appreciate.

Spy's are ONLY people who either enjoy ruining or making the game a piece of cake for others.

CANT FIND THAT CV?
you spy

CANT SEE WHERE THE TIGERS HIDDING?
you spy

YOU WANT TO PREVENT THERE MISSIONS?
you spy

very unsportsman like and frowned upon
THAT GOES FOR YOU JOHNY

i was playing in sloehands tankclub in DA Johny was on channel. He cant be silent for 3 seconds, iv counted.
If he is silent then hes probably marking you with smoke rounds for the enemy to see like he did in my case...

Offline SuperbKi11er

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2008, 07:04:14 AM »
I got a list of all the spies i managed to find. I personally don't mind spying cause mission that are posted can be changed, like set the default base and then closer to start time move it. there problem solved.
LONG LIVE THE KNIGHTHOOD.
WE SHALL NEVER DIE. "Th knights are no longer doormats" Rox Everyday.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2008, 07:13:00 AM »
Spys are also enemy of states, and are executed for that reason.

Please, let me have the ability to dock you 250+ perks when i catch you, consider it a *bullet to the head*.
NO? gee, thought you might see things that way.

No there is absolutely ZERO reason to have the ability to join others conversations without being accepted in the first place.
Bad enough someone can change country's and Pm other players the positions of mass movement and carrier fleet placing.
But some smack tard sitting inside MY SQUAD ROOM, ruining not only MY fun by my SQUADS fun aswell, and you want me to think this is not wrong why!?

Please tell me how 1 person runing the fun of 40+ players is right (FOR A GAME THAT PRIDES ITSELF ON BALANCE)

Give squad rooms pass words, or "keys" to get into them, problem solved for the vox spy issues.

IT IS USED BECAUSE IT GIVES PLAYERS/SQUADS/COUNTRYS THE ADVANTAGE, IF IT DID NOT GIVE THEM SUCH A SAID ADVANTAGE, PEOPLE WOULD NOT SPY!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:15:40 AM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2008, 07:29:39 AM »
It has been known that a troublesome person gets "dot wingmaned" and said troublesome person's LOCATION is transmitted on 200.

Ain't saying it's right or a good way to community police.  Just saying it's been known  ;)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2008, 08:14:11 AM »
The game is NOT just about fighting. If that were the case..noone would win and reset the map. There wouldnt be a map..just 3 high alt bases where everyone would furball. You have to have the NOE tactic here to win a map or its just going to be a stalemate.
People..there is a "strategic" value to this game. When you run a NOE, even though you dont put up a darbar..your still faced with that base blinking a good 3 minutes before you get to that town. Then your mission is null and void completly if they kill your troops or some newb running the goon decides to drop under 200 ft or you see them over the airfeild. Now we have to deal with side switchers that shoot their mouths off?...LAME and completly takes away one good aspect of the game.

ummm ... troops have to be dropped at a minimum of 800ft ABOVE GROUND LEVEL.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2008, 08:16:41 AM »
the communication system in AHII is very archaic and that game deserves better...seriously its not better than any early dial up game in DOS mode. I think a lot of the tensions between player in game is linked with the difficulty to communicate.

Also as a non English player I would enjoy the support of foreign characters so we can have decent conversations with my fellow Frenchmen.

Interesting ... please explain what about it is archaic.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2008, 08:26:17 AM »
Missions suck ...who cares

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2008, 12:49:03 PM »
What do you win?...when you play a game of chess/checkers? how bout football/baseball? rugby/lacross? monopoly/clue? battleship/stratego? golf/tennis?

what do ya win? is it not a Game? Is it winable? Why?

People like to win, try playing chess with just your pawns. This is a game last time I checked.
Its not game the play, Its play the game.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2008, 02:15:50 PM »
What do you win?...when you play a game of chess/checkers? how bout football/baseball? rugby/lacross? monopoly/clue? battleship/stratego? golf/tennis?

what do ya win? is it not a Game? Is it winable? Why?

People like to win, try playing chess with just your pawns. This is a game last time I checked.
Its not game the play, Its play the game.

chess/checkers? ... nothing ... unless there is a tournament

football/baseball? ... championships are usually what one would win

rugby/lacross? ... championships are usually what one would win

monopoly/clue? ... nothing ... unless there is a tournament

battleship/stratego? ... nothing ... unless there is a tournament

golf/tennis?... championships are usually what one would win

Aces High ... nothing ... there are no tournaments or championships ... just a map change.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2008, 02:24:17 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro

The game is about aerial combat and that takes precedence to everything else.  There will be tanks and such in the game but they won't ever be the main focus.

Vehicles will be useful for harrassing the enemy and capturing bases.  There will be a lot more vehicle bases scattered around the terrain than airfields, so the travel distances won't be a huge factor.

But the gist of the message is that yes, we'll be putting more into this game than airplanes but our focus of the game is still aerial combat.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »
I wish there wasn't a time limit for switching at all.  Sometimes the numbers change in less than an hour, and my side will still have numbers in the other arena.  Better yet, don't tie the two arenas together.  Make it so country affiliation in one has nothing to do with the other.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2008, 02:46:55 PM »
how is limiting amount of time actually going to curb spying anyway?  Getting rid of cross country vox would be great, combined with very strict side switching. 

The clowns doing it for evil intent will scream their heads off on the boards to high heaven.

If they weren't using it for evil intent, why would they even remotely care if it were changed?

Follow the "I ALWAYS switch countries to the lowest numbers for the best fights" BOZOS in-game.  Make a note for a few weeks of what the countries they are on and the numbers at the time (take some roster screen shots) and find out that it's the biggest lie in the game.  Over 75% of the time you will see them one of the biggest numbers countries.

The extremely few times they do switch to the lowest numbers....nobody trusts them worth a flip because they have seen them as an enemy most of the time.

PLEASE don't believe me, make note yourself and check the roster often.  

You might want to also take note of how many times they are on one country--and how many times one or more of their squaddies are on another.

You don't have to be Einstein to figure out what they are doing.

But...it's their 15 bucks.  Let 'em do what they want.

ROX

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2008, 02:47:25 PM »
I will continue to run missions with or without spies, we have the numbers and have secure comms, what else do you need.  
I actually get a kick out of making fools out of the spies when we run diversion missions and actually see some of you suckers bite on it to defend it.... we do keep up with who they are and where they are operating so its no suprise when we see them trying to spy.  
Happy Hunting.... :lol :lol :lol

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2008, 02:52:01 PM »
Also as a non English player I would enjoy the support of foreign characters so we can have decent conversations with my fellow Frenchmen.

:rofl     :rofl      :rofl      :rofl      :rofl   

How about a character that is the international sign for "touchdown".

:rofl     :rofl      :rofl      :rofl      :rofl

ROX

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2008, 02:55:57 PM »
Slapshot, may I point out that unless you are one of the fraction of a percentange of the population that is a professional player in one of those venues, winning one of them is exactly equally as rewarding as winning a fight, battle or war in Aces High...

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue