Author Topic: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**  (Read 16804 times)

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Re: Cheating - ** Need for VOX Change **"High Tech Please Read"**
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2008, 02:15:05 AM »
Mommy doesn't let me talk to the puter.

:rofl
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2008, 02:57:10 PM »
Im sure we could analyze them and figure out their childhoods left them in a place where they dont value group accomplishment or enjoy the comradery that the game offers.

A rather large assumption on your part, which is more likely a "poke in the eye" statement to generate a response ... and with that I will respond.

When ever I switch countries, I always have camaraderie with the team that I am flying with. Over the years, and from switching sides, I have built up friendships on all countries, so that when I join a side ... people who I have killed or have been killed by ... will wing up and have a blast.

Had I had a myopic one country attitude ... I probably wouldn't have met at least 66% of the people that I know and enjoy flying with. So, those who don't switch are only realizing 33% of the camaraderie that is available to them.

I don't think that I have ever been shunned after switching to a different side ... it is the "smack" talkers that usually will not be greeted with open arms when switching. Once you take this game to a personal level ... as a lot do ... you limit yourself to making new friends .. regardless of which chess piece they fly for.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 02:58:57 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »
"nobody trusts them worth a flip because they have seen them as an enemy most of the time."

Odd.. I'm flying more than 90% of my time on rooks side.

But when I switched to Knights earlier today to support Chris3's mission I didn't hear a bad word. I was killed by Banshee7 (Rook) who was incredibly happy about that fence-jump which gave him the opportunity to send me and my 262 down in flames.

I stayed for some time after the mission, defended fields, ran from bish hordes and helped killing a rook buff mission. No rook complained. Nor did the Knight guys I usually shoot down a few times per month refused to wing up or help me hunting down that cunning Bish Tiger.

I guess none of them had taken notice of that "Do not trust side switcher's!" posters everywhere...

This takes the virtual cake for being one of the most devoid of reality posts....EVER.  Our resident condecending know-it-all wins a gold medal this time. :aok

Do you actually (and I guess he does) believe that when you fly rook 90% of the time and then switch countries that people on that country are going to actually come out and SAY they don't trust you?  Who do you think you are kidding?

I wouldn't do it.  That would seem rude to me.

I'd tell my squaddies on red text, but I'd never mention it to you.

I'd PM a few friends, but I'd never mention it to you.

You are essentially the guy walking around the office with a piece of used toilet paper stuck to his shoe...everyone else is whispering about it behind your back--but they aren't going to tell you.

Why in the world should someone who you see as an enemy 90% of the time be trusted?  Seems pretty stupid, doesn't it?  Knock-knock-knock...Hellllloooooo?......McFly???

Besides, who would trust somebody who's just out for their own personal score anyway?

I wouldn't trust that person as far as I could throw them.  

The guy who would die 10 times to clear someone else's six get's my  :salute  At least there is some honor to that.

Anyway, good luck to the score-potatos....it's your 15 bucks a month...knock yourself out...play however you want.

BTW:  nobody EVER swaps sides to make note of cv locations, sit in shore batteries and not fire, sit in on missions and cross country PM back to the other country mission details, etc. EVER.  It simply never happens.  Even talking about it NEVER happens.  Or better yet, suckering some poor noob to defect and cross country PM back information....that never happens either. Or get on a second account and gather information and then play on their main account--NEVER happens.  It's all conjured up hearsay with no basis in fact--NEVER happens. We all know this to be gospel truth and cannot be disputed.  

PS- Steve, you might want to re-read my posts before flinging poo.  I never said that all sidehoppers did it with eveil intent, I said a small handfull do.  If you do do it with evil intent, please feel free to feel offended, you deserve it.  If you side hop for fun and not for evil intent then you have ZERO reason to feel offended.  Please re-read...I think you just misunderstood something.

PSS.  Bongaroo, step away from the Hippie Lettuce.  I LOVE the "well, even though I have no personal beef with ROX, everybody ELSE is piling on, so I'll hop in with a completely senseless post and pile on too" take.  The premise for that was so weak it died of malnutrition months ago.  Going around stoned and thoughtless is no way to live life son.

ROX

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #198 on: July 16, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »

This takes the virtual cake for being one of the most devoid of reality posts....EVER.  Our resident condecending know-it-all wins a gold medal this time. :aok

Personally, what you posted earlier (that's it below) far outstrips Luche's post when it comes to being devoid of reality.

The clowns doing it for evil intent will scream their heads off on the boards to high heaven.

If they weren't using it for evil intent, why would they even remotely care if it were changed?

Follow the "I ALWAYS switch countries to the lowest numbers for the best fights" BOZOS in-game.  Make a note for a few weeks of what the countries they are on and the numbers at the time (take some roster screen shots) and find out that it's the biggest lie in the game.  Over 75% of the time you will see them one of the biggest numbers countries.

The extremely few times they do switch to the lowest numbers....nobody trusts them worth a flip because they have seen them as an enemy most of the time.

If you really believe what you have posted, you should consider increasing the dosage of your medication and applying more aluminum foil to your helmet.  :noid
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »
Why in the world should someone who you see as an enemy 90% of the time be trusted?  Seems pretty stupid, doesn't it?  Knock-knock-knock...Hellllloooooo?......McFly???

You know that the guy using the Hello McFly line in the movies was the bad guy, kinda dumb himself, and ended up covered in crap at the end of every movie?

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2008, 03:22:20 PM »
You know that the guy using the Hello McFly line in the movies was the bad guy, kinda dumb himself, and ended up covered in crap at the end of every movie?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Don't quit your day job.  Now get back to work!
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2008, 03:23:07 PM »
PSS.  Bongaroo, step away from the Hippie Lettuce.  I LOVE the "well, even though I have no personal beef with ROX, everybody ELSE is piling on, so I'll hop in with a completely senseless post and pile on too" take.  The premise for that was so weak it died of malnutrition months ago.  Going around stoned and thoughtless is no way to live life son.

ROX

As I've said before and will now say again.  You talked smack about my friends so I'll talk it back.  Can't handle the poo getting flinged back?  Welcome to the intardwebs :D
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #202 on: July 16, 2008, 03:29:37 PM »

When ever I switch countries, I always have camaraderie with the team that I am flying with. Over the years, and from switching sides, I have built up friendships on all countries, so that when I join a side ... people who I have killed or have been killed by ... will wing up and have a blast.

Had I had a myopic one country attitude ... I probably wouldn't have met at least 66% of the people that I know and enjoy flying with. So, those who don't switch are only realizing 33% of the camaraderie that is available to them.

I don't think that I have ever been shunned after switching to a different side ... it is the "smack" talkers that usually will not be greeted with open arms when switching. Once you take this game to a personal level ... as a lot do ... you limit yourself to making new friends .. regardless of which chess piece they fly for.

Slapshot :salute

I think that folks have bent the topic so far out of shape that they don't even remember the original premise.

I am not saying you don't have your Cod given right to switch sides.  There are many excellent squads that rotate sides ever quarter or even once a tour.  Those squads do it so they don't get into a rut, and end up recruiting a far wider range of squaddies over just staying on one country.  I'm not sayting there's anything wrong with that.

Ever see someone in the express lane on a Interstate Highway slam on the brakes--cross three lanes of traffic and get off at an exit, almost causing three accidents in the process?  Didn't they know where they were going when they left the house?  Same thing in this game.  You see people who side hop 4-5 times in an afternoon.

Back in Air Warrior if you changed sides you had to wait 24 hours to switch back.  Good rule.  It forced players to make a phreeking decision:  who are you going to play for today.

Yes, there are a small handfull who swap sides for evil intent.  If that doesn't describe you, then no one has a problem with you.  Swap sides from time to time, get to know other people, knock yourself out...no one should begrudge you of that if that's what you like to do.  Others, like Steve seem to like that option.  If that's your bag---go for it.

The original poster (as well as myself) have a problem with the evil minority of side hoppers who do it with evil intent. Closing cross country PM and extending the length of time someone can side hop and get back would help.

What flighty person needs to side hop 4 times in one afternoon?  

ROX

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: July 16, 2008, 03:31:13 PM »
Rox, what's with all the anger towards Lusche?  Did he fail to spend several hours of his personal time trying to help you out with whatever problem you had in the Help/Training forum or something?

:huh

Apparently, you consider the red guy an enemy...  To me, he's just a target.

I think this difference in philosophy is pretty interesting.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2008, 03:32:37 PM »
As I've said before and will now say again.  You talked smack about my friends so I'll talk it back.  Can't handle the poo getting flinged back?  Welcome to the intardwebs :D

I truly feel sorry for this guy.

ROX

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »
The last time I checked, the guy on the other team in this GAME wasn't an "enemy" but an opponent.  I switch sides often, and none of my former opponents have any beef with me.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2008, 03:34:05 PM »

What flighty person needs to side hop 4 times in one afternoon?  

Four times, probably not many...  2 or 3?  Sure, I've done that.

If you're on long enough in one day, the arena numbers can fluctuate greatly over the course of that day.  
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: July 16, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »
Rox, what's with all the anger towards Lusche?  Did he fail to spend several hours of his personal time trying to help you out with whatever problem you had in the Help/Training forum or something?

:huh

Apparently, you consider the red guy an enemy...  To me, he's just a target.

I think this difference in philosophy is pretty interesting.

No anger, no anger at all.

When some posts something so rediculous it's kind of funny.

He's not part of the problem, so it's odd he feels compelled to post in an attempt to somehow damage my credibility.    

It's very true, I see it a lot.  People who swap sides a lot and nobody calls them out on it on country text.  Most of the time people are very civil to them.

I don't see people being rude to them.  

But I don't see anyone trusting them either.

There are exceptions.  A couple of months ago when people who were clueless to what the Alliance Missions were all about and getting on the forums and bashing the Knights Alliance and roasting me--SkyRock came knights and joined one of our missions.  I got more PM's than I had ever seen.  It was an ocean of white text, all about SkyRock being in the mission.  Rather than be like those who roasted us on the boards, SkyRock wanted to fly with us and actually observe what we do.  Most of the folks in the mission we're freaking, thinking that SkyRock was a "spy".  From what I see of SkyRock's charactor on the forums and in-game I never believed it for a minute.  SkyRock flew with us from beginning to end and wittnessed a textbook Alliance 6:52 base take.  We all saluted SkyRock and thanked him for making the effort.  He flew knights for about another half hour then went back.  It's something I appreciate to this day.

ROX

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: July 16, 2008, 03:56:54 PM »
This is all fixable. One side change per 24 hrs and no cross country comms except 200. Then make a 1 strike and out policy.

I dont switch, can you do it as often as you like now?

Because "now" you can either tell all your Pals exactly what their "opponents" are doing, and where. Or you can just switch sides your ownself and run up perks and your rank easily. And there isn't even a rule against it.

Its just ridiculous the way things are now. Just silly. :lol

I kinda feel for those guys who play for their rank, their own or their squads, and do so legitimately.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 03:59:06 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2008, 04:01:14 PM »
Cheating, Its gonna happen, deal with it. Its funny this is already a 60 post thread, all about a handfull of people spying. Its a game, god. If you get frusterated by a select few then Its time to log. I think people take this game a little too seriously.
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)