Author Topic: Tony Snow Died  (Read 621 times)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Tony Snow Died
« on: July 12, 2008, 09:09:55 AM »
In a world of classless washington insiders....and news broadcasters for that matter....I always thought tony was a cut above the rest.

A regular guy in two very non-regular industries...and a guy who would have have a beer with any of us and been the same way then, as he was on TV.

Tony Snow, Former White House Press Secretary and FOX News Anchor, Dies at 53

Tony Snow, the former White House press secretary and conservative pundit who bedeviled the press corps and charmed millions as a FOX News television and radio host, died after a long bout with cancer. He was 53.

A syndicated columnist, editor, TV anchor, radio show host and musician, Snow worked in nearly every medium in a career that spanned more than 30 years.

"Laura and I are deeply saddened by the death of our dear friend Tony Snow," President Bush said in a statement. "The Snow family has lost a beloved husband and father. And America has lost a devoted public servant and a man of character."

Snow died at 2 a.m. Saturday

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Tony Snow Died
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 09:20:05 AM »
That's too bad, he really was a class act.
RIP

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 09:23:24 AM »
I appreciated how genuine and "real" he actually was... uncommon in that biz.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 09:32:57 AM »
He was the only one in that position that I ever respected. He indeed was a class act.
Lighten up Francis

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 11:45:58 AM »
Tony Snow, a fabulous speech writer for Reagan, excellent and respected newsperson.  He will be missed my many.  One less reasonable person in a business full of vapid ideologists, overhypers (is that a word), and blatant liars.

In the words of former German Army Tank Commander, Otto Carius, "Apparently, a reporter is seldom found who understands how to portray a situation factually and soberly and in a manner that corresponds to reality."

Tony Snow was one of those "seldom found"
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »
Very sad to see a man in his prime having his life cut short by cancer.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 12:01:40 PM »
He was a good man straddling two professions where good men are rare, journalism and politics.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 12:34:29 PM »
Thanks Tony, may those you leave behind find peace in your Peace
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 01:55:03 PM »
Only the good die young 
--Billy Joel

RIP Mr. Snow

:salute
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 03:07:24 PM »
Sad, I liked and respected him.
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 03:09:28 PM »
Tony Snow, a fabulous speech writer for Reagan, excellent and respected newsperson.  He will be missed my many.  One less reasonable person in a business full of vapid ideologists, overhypers (is that a word), and blatant liars.

In the words of former German Army Tank Commander, Otto Carius, "Apparently, a reporter is seldom found who understands how to portray a situation factually and soberly and in a manner that corresponds to reality."

Tony Snow was one of those "seldom found"
Said better than I could.
He was a good man straddling two professions where good men are rare, journalism and politics.
This too.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 08:23:16 PM »
I always liked him.
To me he always seemed to come across as a regular guy.
And not your typical stuffed shirt news anchor

Someone I wouldnt mind sitting around haveing a couple of beers with
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 10:17:22 PM »
He was without a doubt a Renaissance man.

RIP Tony Snow  :cry

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 11:48:12 PM »
I liked Snow's style. 
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 08:39:40 AM »
The poor man has died and our supposed unbiased A.P. news--in particular, this weasel Douglas Daniel, manages to put not-so-subtle digs in the man's obituary--he also mentions the word 'conservative' 4 times....one rarely sees the word 'liberal' in similar situations

With a quick-from-the-lip repartee, broadcaster’s good looks and a relentlessly bright outlook — if not always a command of the facts — he became a popular figure around the country to the delight of his White House bosses.

~~~

As press secretary, Snow brought partisan zeal and the skills of a seasoned performer to the task of explaining and defending the president’s policies. During daily briefings, he challenged reporters, scolded them and questioned their motives as if he were starring in a TV show broadcast live from the West Wing.

Critics suggested that Snow was turning the traditionally informational daily briefing into a personality-driven media event short on facts and long on confrontation. He was the first press secretary, by his own accounting, to travel the country raising money for Republican candidates.

punk.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/obituaries/s_577331.html
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/