Author Topic: HELP me to kill Zeeks  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
HELP me to kill Zeeks
« on: July 14, 2008, 06:21:48 AM »
I was in the DA last in a spit 16 against an A6 and I don't know how to kill them. I have the same problem with Hurri's can anyone help me with some usefull   advice?
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Re: HELP me to kill Zeeks
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:42:23 AM »
Stay fast, get above them, use roll to defeat their turn speed.  Dive away if you get in trouble.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:43:48 AM »
And keep shooting them until they explode. They will burn forever.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:45:54 AM »
Stay fast, get above them, use roll to defeat their turn speed.  Dive away if you get in trouble.

Sounds like your only going to get a snap shot :eek:?

Is that the best you can expect?
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 06:50:26 AM »
Don't turn vs them too much, fight them on the vertical, spit climbin rate > zeke by far. Use that to your advantage.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 06:57:10 AM »
Speed is the Zeke's enemy.

High speed manuevers will close the gap for ya Yarbles.  The A6 just can't handle the high speed.  Fabric airlons and all.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 07:00:50 AM »
in a turn fight the hurri and zero both fly rings around a spit 16 at slow speed.

If you want a fighting chance go with a spit 5 or spit 1.   ;)

The 16 is all about quick, agile reflexes, if you get caught in a slow drawn out turn fight your going to lose.

If you want to have a sparring session in the DA, you can take your 16 i'll fly any lower numbered spit (excluding the 14) and take you apart.  :D

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:10:30 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 07:16:01 AM »
in a turn fight the hurri and zero both fly rings around a spit 16 at slow speed.

If you want a fighting chance go with a spit 5 or spit 1.   ;)

The 16 is all about quick, agile reflexes, if you get caught in a slow drawn out turn fight your going to lose.

If you want to have a sparring session in the DA, you can take your 16 i'll fly any lower numbered spit (excluding the 14) and take you apart.  :D

:lol :lol

I am sure you would

Thanks but Id rather you took a zeek and showed me how to take you apart. :D
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 07:18:22 AM »
Don't turn vs them too much, fight them on the vertical, spit climbin rate > zeke by far. Use that to your advantage.

I tried that but he always seemed to be pointing in my direction though lower. Maybe I should have got more alt but best I seemed to come up with was a ho.

DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 07:19:28 AM »
Speed is the Zeke's enemy.

High speed manuevers will close the gap for ya Yarbles.  The A6 just can't handle the high speed.  Fabric airlons and all.

I could always get seperation but when I got back to him he was ready for me.
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 07:29:38 AM »
only way you'd get a shot is if i let you shoot half the elevator off or the flaps out!

There are a couple of options to kill them in a 16, fake a turn, (let him do a hard energy bleeding turn thinking its on) try and get him roped by disguising your superior speed (you have to be very careful of the E state as the zeke can come up along way vertically) get an easy shot on the way back down.

The other is if both planes are fast and the zero pilot isnt very good at slowing down.  You could get a snapshot or two if you set it up well but if he knows what he is doing your going to be forced to extend if you do not make those shots.

Unfortunately the spit16 isn't invulnerable as everyone makes out and slow speed turn fights are its downfall.

I'll be online this evening,  catch me on vent or in game and ill give you half hour.  (£100 after tax)

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 07:33:15 AM »
OK,these are my thoughts on fighting an a6m, yarbles.

On the merge go into a gentle climb, i.e. pull little more than 2 G's.  Chances are he'll go into a tight turn and bleed off a lot of E.  Watch his turn and during your climb, and turn gently away from his aircraft accordingly.  This will force him to turn even further bleeding off more E.  From here you can do a couple of things. 

1)  You can  go vertical and attempt to rope the enemy if you believe you have acquired enough speed and height over the con.

2) maintain your spiral climb which will eventually put you above the a6m allowing you to control the fight.

3) Extend to a distance you feel comfortable with and reverse back into the con and repeat what i've written in the 1st paragraph.  Remember, when reversing back into the con, be gentle.  For instance, you could extend to 2k and perform gentle nose low turn to maintain speed for the merge so you you can zoom higher in the climb.

4) Run away-  Not something i would choose to do myself, but it is an option so you can reengage later in a superior position.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:34:59 AM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 07:36:53 AM »
only way you'd get a shot is if i let you shoot half the elevator off or the flaps out!

There are a couple of options to kill them in a 16, fake a turn, (let him do a hard energy bleeding turn thinking its on) try and get him roped by disguising your superior speed (you have to be very careful of the E state as the zeke can come up along way vertically) get an easy shot on the way back down.

The other is if both planes are fast and the zero pilot isnt very good at slowing down.  You could get a snapshot or two if you set it up well but if he knows what he is doing your going to be forced to extend if you do not make those shots.

Unfortunately the spit16 isn't invulnerable as everyone makes out and slow speed turn fights are its downfall.

I'll be online this evening,  catch me on vent or in game and ill give you half hour.  (£100 after tax)

I will certainly look you up on this and the check will of course be in the post. Thanks for your continued support and I am looking forward to your return to knights. I am surprised I never run into you in the MA or gwurzel or any of the rest of your squad.
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 07:39:41 AM »
I could always get seperation but when I got back to him he was ready for me.

Ja, you want to stay just slow enough to keep him interested, increasing your own airspeed until he begins to lock up, then pour on the gas, reverse on him, and aquire an angle, either from the verticle, or yo-yo type energy conserving turns.  I have no experience in the Spit sir, but high speed manuevers seem to be the norm, for defeating Zekes.  Get a good Zero pilot to spend some time with ya.  Probably have it down in no time.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 07:41:06 AM »
OK,these are my thoughts on fighting an a6m, yarbles.

On the merge go into a gentle climb, i.e. pull little more than 2 G's.  Chances are he'll go into a tight turn and bleed off a lot of E.  Watch his turn and during your climb, and turn gently away from his aircraft accordingly.  This will force him to turn even further bleeding off more E.  From here you can do a couple of things. 

1)  You can  go vertical and attempt to rope the enemy if you believe you have acquired enough speed and height over the con.

2) maintain your spiral climb which will eventually put you above the a6m allowing you to control the fight.

3) Extend to a distance you feel comfortable with and reverse back into the con and repeat what i've written in the 1st paragraph.  Remember, when reversing back into the con, be gentle.  For instance, you could extend to 2k and perform gentle nose low turn to maintain speed for the merge so you you can zoom higher in the climb.

4) Run away-  Not something i would choose to do myself, but it is an option so you can reengage later in a superior position.

Thanks for that I will give it a try but I think I am getting the message that Zeek is a tough little b@gger to kill and there are no easy answers. It soulds like set up a snap shot climb and have another go is the only chance. Sound like you dont get much time on his six and you need to be a good shot when you get the chance.  
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:43:13 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP