Author Topic: HELP me to kill Zeeks  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: HELP me to kill Zeeks
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2008, 12:34:22 PM »

well, i don't really view myself as overconfident. i go into every fight assuming i've got someone like you in the other plane. this way, i don't do the over confidence thing.

I was definitely wording it wrong. I should have said most "Zero pilots are overconfident in the turning ability of their plane".
They often don't expect to having actually ride the edge of their turning performance vs any adversary in the MA.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:35:54 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 01:32:55 PM »
really? i don't thinki've ever used flaps in a fight against a hurri.........and if i'm not upping for base defense, i keep my drop tank there till it feels like i'm being outturned by whatever i'm fighting.

not tryin to question ya, as i know you've been here a lot longer than me.......just curious.....

Well ... when I encounter a Zeke, I am popping flaps as soon as possible knowing that that is the only way that I can at least "hang in there" or get an angle aspect to get a snapshot as soon as possible to hopefully take off some control surfaces.

Like Lusche pointed out ... if the Zeke pilot is lazy and figures that I will not be able to follow and fails to dump flaps, they will see me easily come around on them and probably wonder ... WTF !!!

Fought VALDALS a couple of weeks ago with him in a Zeke and me in an FM2 ... when it was all said and done, I was accused of cheating (no surprise there) and that ... "there is no way an FM2 can turn that quick" ... what he didn't realize was that I chopped throttle, popped flaps, and was able to turn inside him easily while he probably thought that he was "safe" just "pulling" without using flaps.

It doesn't take me long to tell whether a Zeke pilot knows what he is doing or not ... it's at that point I say ... "oh chit, I am in deep poo now" ... :O
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2008, 01:52:33 PM »
Well ... when I encounter a Zeke, I am popping flaps as soon as possible knowing that that is the only way that I can at least "hang in there" or get an angle aspect to get a snapshot as soon as possible to hopefully take off some control surfaces.

Like Lusche pointed out ... if the Zeke pilot is lazy and figures that I will not be able to follow and fails to dump flaps, they will see me easily come around on them and probably wonder ... WTF !!!

Fought VALDALS a couple of weeks ago with him in a Zeke and me in an FM2 ... when it was all said and done, I was accused of cheating (no surprise there) and that ... "there is no way an FM2 can turn that quick" ... what he didn't realize was that I chopped throttle, popped flaps, and was able to turn inside him easily while he probably thought that he was "safe" just "pulling" without using flaps.

It doesn't take me long to tell whether a Zeke pilot knows what he is doing or not ... it's at that point I say ... "oh chit, I am in deep poo now" ... :O
:rofl :rofl

i read  ""Fought VALDALS a couple of weeks ago with him in a Zeke and me in an FM2 "", and the first thing i thought was he got accused fo cheating...then read the rest of the sentence...... :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »

Had a the same encounter with him.  He broke into a hard right breaking dive turn on the merge, I went into a High Yo-Yo and came down inside of his turn and removed the tail from his Zeke.  He couldn't fathom the concept of cutting inside of the targets turn, which usually allows the attacker to defeat the better turn radius of the target.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2008, 01:17:53 AM »
Just to clear things up the armament of the A6M5b does not have any .50's in it. The cowlings are comprised of a 7.7mm(left) and a 13.2mm(right) and in my own experience neither shoot nearly as well as American .50's and the wings are 20mm's which are rather effective at 350yrds and in.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2008, 07:33:57 AM »
Had a the same encounter with him.  He broke into a hard right breaking dive turn on the merge, I went into a High Yo-Yo and came down inside of his turn and removed the tail from his Zeke.  He couldn't fathom the concept of cutting inside of the targets turn, which usually allows the attacker to defeat the better turn radius of the target.

ack-ack

i'm wondering why he chose to dive in his turn? that'd give him more speed...whch he doesn't necessarily want in a zeke?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2008, 07:35:37 AM »
Just to clear things up the armament of the A6M5b does not have any .50's in it. The cowlings are comprised of a 7.7mm(left) and a 13.2mm(right) and in my own experience neither shoot nearly as well as American .50's and the wings are 20mm's which are rather effective at 350yrds and in.

when i fly either zeke, i rarely ever fire outside 200 yards. sometimes 300. once my cannons are empty, i try to keep within 200 or less, and have actually managed to down up to 3 aircraft with those puny little guns.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »
i'm wondering why he chose to dive in his turn? that'd give him more speed...whch he doesn't necessarily want in a zeke?

Come on ... u know the answer to that question.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2008, 09:48:34 AM »
Come on ... u know the answer to that question.

uumm....he was running to ack?

hey..that's pretty funny....he was running TO ack top protect him FROM ack :rofl :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2008, 09:07:35 PM »
when i fly either zeke, i rarely ever fire outside 200 yards. sometimes 300. once my cannons are empty, i try to keep within 200 or less, and have actually managed to down up to 3 aircraft with those puny little guns.

I have my convergence at 200 for cannon and 400 for cowling, works nicely IMO.

So long as you have ammo in the 13.2mm and the 7.7mm(yes they run out at different times) you can take out a plane with about 300 rounds in my own experience, so long as you keep the aim on something like the wing root.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2008, 09:14:13 PM »
uumm....he was running to ack?

hey..that's pretty funny....he was running TO ack top protect him FROM ack :rofl :rofl :rofl

You know the saying... "Fight fire with fire!"  :P
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman