Author Topic: No one is going to like this  (Read 1195 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: No one is going to like this
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 04:02:26 PM »
Wolcott?

God.

Ever been to Illussions?  If so, you've probably seen me.

I'd be the guy in the corner slamming his head into the table repeatedly to try and get some amusement out of the evening.

(Two of my lady friends have been dragging me there for the past eight years...  They keep saying it'll be fun...  And I keep believing them...)

Then you need to walk across the street ... to the "other" establishment ... :O
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Rambo Fan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 04:29:30 PM »
My idea is 2 fold;

Input an ENY system for a certain area, as well as for the arena itself and stack the 2 numbers together.

(example) You got into country and you have a ENY of 5 imposed. You find a country A base being horded by 15 of country Bs planes and the eny for the base nearby is even higher (the ratio is up for debate). On the other hand, if you want to take off from an area with few friendlies, you can eliminate the eny problem you had on log in to the arena.

Remove auto-take off and autopilot for level flight under 500 feet

(if you want to go NOE, you need to work at it)

Lower radar effectiveness to under 100 feet over water and 250 over land

Right now, the noe mission is a win button, lets give them a little challenge to perform it.
Title:No one is going to like this.

Pfft you got that right.  :lol

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 04:45:07 PM »
My idea is 2 fold;

Input an ENY system for a certain area, as well as for the arena itself and stack the 2 numbers together.

(example) You got into country and you have a ENY of 5 imposed. You find a country A base being horded by 15 of country Bs planes and the eny for the base nearby is even higher (the ratio is up for debate). On the other hand, if you want to take off from an area with few friendlies, you can eliminate the eny problem you had on log in to the arena.

Sounds to complicated.

Remove auto-take off and autopilot for level flight under 500 feet

(if you want to go NOE, you need to work at it)

Whats to work? Flying NOE isnt difficult. In fact flying isnt difficult except for noobs, who are the only ones dependant on auto-pilot until they gain skill. Most guys only use AP flying level if they have to do somthing in the house or go to the john. And is flying NOE on auto any different then flying on auto-climb?

Lower radar effectiveness to under 100 feet over water and 250 over land

Right now, the noe mission is a win button, lets give them a little challenge to perform it.

Its not a "win" button cause all kinds of things start popping when a mission approaches a base. All you have to do is pay attention. Many missions have new guys flying in them and they have enough difficulty flying low as it is. Theres a lot cheesier aspects to the game then NOE missions that already give 3 to 5 mins warning they are IB to a base. The game is balanced nicely as it is, "assuming fair gameplay is involved". Plenty of NOE missions get defeated by skilled teamwork by guys playing honestly.

Nothing wrong with posting wishes here but I respectfully disagree.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 05:02:49 PM »
If I understand what you are sayin' correctly, Deli....I think HT would tell you the programming effort isn't worth it for him.

I don't care about using auto pilot for flying NOE. But, I do like my auto take off.

The radar idea is a good one and I know something similar has been suggested to HT before. I think its the best of your suggestions.

I would like to add something to the radar system so that an "active field" (one where a friendly is up) has the field warning range of 12 miles. For an undefended field (one  without a friendly up) make it 18.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 05:49:42 PM »
i like the auto take off idea and the radar sounds cool but you remember the last time we spotted an noe mission together lol 262 rape and pannon pms about being a spy ;)
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 11:36:17 PM »
I don't care..whatever yall want to do I'll adapt and overcome.........OOOHRAHH :rock
Charlie don't surf!