Author Topic: Unofficial Trainers - Read This Please  (Read 14393 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Unofficial Trainers - Read This Please
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2008, 12:15:33 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear if the Trainers are going to be involved in this, could one of them chime in?

From the CO of the AH2TC :
As TC indicated, HTC and the Trainers have been communicating for awhile about the direction of future plans for training.  I think we're ok in that regard.

Something that could really help in the way of disseminating information about BFM, game mechanics, and aircraft, is getting more knowledgable contributors involved in AHWiki.  I basically stopped flying for awhile to make time for contributing in the pre-launch setup.  We just don't have the extra time as a group to take advantage of its capibilities.  Actually, there is even potential to provide the kind of player information that was asked for via the ahwiki user pages. 

In complete agreement with assesment of Bad Example #3 100%
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:17:17 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2008, 02:19:02 AM »
I was curious if the AHTC was going to get involved in Vudak's plan, that's all, Fuzeman.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2008, 02:36:07 AM »
It cant be a bad thing if someone offers their free time to help improve and keep addicted another player.

Of course you need the right people and that is the hard part.

I'll help any British player out but i do that already unofficially.  They just need to ask and send me loads of cash. :D

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2008, 04:33:47 AM »
Good intentions, but not the best idea IMO
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2008, 06:31:40 AM »
I agree that there are a good number of guys here that think a bit to highly of themselves. To quote a movie, "A man has got to know his limitation!" some of these people, while meaning good, can lead noobs either down the wrong path by teaching bad habits, or by teaching so poorly that the noob gets more frustrated and quits.

I think the training should be left to the trainers. Should the pace of new players pick up, I'm sure they already have a player or two in mind to add to their ranks as addition to the training staff.

If some are sought out by the noobs, then by all means help a guy out, or if your smart enough to know your limitations, lead them to a better source. Some have stated that the wiki is tough to figure out. I don't know, as I'm not much of an expert in anything to really be of help so I havn't looked, but I'm sure if you wrote up something on BFM, or ACMs and send it off to Murdr he could appreciate it. While adding to his work load for the wiki, I'm sure it easier for him to edit and post then its is to create, edit and post.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2008, 08:31:33 AM »
Murdr already did and he's the boss
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2008, 09:19:29 AM »

I think the training should be left to the trainers.

If some are sought out by the noobs, then by all means help a guy out

No offense, but don't these statements contradict?

During my time in AH, I've received a TON of help and support from many, many people...  Honestly, it's far too long to list.  The trainers were amongst this group and I thank them.  Even so, it was a ratio of 1 to 10.

But, during my time in AH, I've also run into a number of guys who were, ehm...  "Colorful" in their declining to help...  Now, I never let that get to me...  But I wonder how many have?

Look around the Main Arenas...  Pay attention to what people say on 200 about the DA...  When I see/read some things I really have to wonder if some guys just had a bad experience(s)...

I really don't see the harm in having a yellow page/referral service where people can figure out who at least isn't going to belittle them when they ask for help...  But of course opinions will vary.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2008, 09:35:41 AM »
I really don't see the harm in having a yellow page/referral service where people can figure out who at least isn't going to belittle them when they ask for help...  But of course opinions will vary.

Exactly.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2008, 09:45:51 AM »
Anyone that has the desire, knowledge, and ability to offer help and training is an asset to the community.  Endorsing who has all of those qualities invites complications.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2008, 10:46:34 AM »
Anyone that has the desire, knowledge, and ability to offer help and training is an asset to the community.  Endorsing who has all of those qualities invites complications.

Well said.  This should end the discussion.

I put my name in, not looking for endorsement but rather so people would know that I'm willing to help when I can and in the areas in which I'm capable of helping.  I have not claimed to be anything other than a noob to beginner level helper.  I have (and will continue to) offer the basic help like takeoff/landing techniques, basic flight (level, rolls, loops, very basic BFM/ACM, etc.)  I do not try to teach anything past my comfort level; if I don't know something I say so and offer suggestions as to where to find the answers.

For those that know me, they know I'm honest in stating my capabilities and show nothing but patience and respect to my fellow fliers.  (Ok, you can stop laughing at me now, I'll shut up  :D).
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2008, 11:38:25 AM »
I know what my skill levals are, and now that I have to gloat about myself just to get people to agree with me, here it is.
I won Friday KOTH, with pretty much every senario that comes to hand: Furball, pickers, HOers, gangers (I was a wabbit) 1v1
I usually pick in the MA, but I do get into furballs at least once a day, and I always seeem to land kills, unless there is a huge disadvantage on my part, such as 20v1. I can handle 3v1 but it gets harder past that. I usually fly zekes in the furballs, but I usually fly the F4U1-D, which is a great plane, or a F4U4, which is another great plane. I also fly the 109K-4 for picking and roping inexperience people, even sometimes experoenced people. I am also learning how to use the 30mm or the "tater" as I like to call it.
I know how to reverse a con on my 6 withing maybe a turn or two and have the advantage.
I know how to reverse a HOing con inside 1 turn
I know how to reverse a picking con
I know how to pick and maintain all my E and keep the same alt that I started with.
I know how to TnB with almost any aircraft in the game, except the KI's, but I like the F4U's the most

That will sum up most of what I do. I have not fought Max or Murdr, but I have fought TC in KOTH and we are about even, I might be a little better. If you still don't agree with me, PM me for the DA, I always like the DA, work on my skill a bit.
<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2008, 11:53:13 AM »
I know what my skill levals are, and now that I have to gloat about myself just to get people to agree with me, here it is.
I won Friday KOTH, with pretty much every senario that comes to hand: Furball, pickers, HOers, gangers (I was a wabbit) 1v1
I usually pick in the MA, but I do get into furballs at least once a day, and I always seeem to land kills, unless there is a huge disadvantage on my part, such as 20v1. I can handle 3v1 but it gets harder past that. I usually fly zekes in the furballs, but I usually fly the F4U1-D, which is a great plane, or a F4U4, which is another great plane. I also fly the 109K-4 for picking and roping inexperience people, even sometimes experoenced people. I am also learning how to use the 30mm or the "tater" as I like to call it.
I know how to reverse a con on my 6 withing maybe a turn or two and have the advantage.
I know how to pick and maintain all my E and keep the same alt that I started with.
I know how to TnB with almost any aircraft in the game, except the KI's, but I like the F4U's the most

That will sum up most of what I do. I have not fought Max or Murdr, but I have fought TC in KOTH and we are about even, I might be a little better. If you still don't agree with me, PM me for the DA, I always like the DA, work on my skill a bit.
<S>

You might need a new horn. As much as you toot it... you could be wearing it out.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2008, 01:19:11 PM »
I also can't type very good English.
<S>

;)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »
I was curious if the AHTC was going to get involved in Vudak's plan, that's all, Fuzeman.

No problem, just restating what they said if it was missed. I'd be interested in some 38 edjumication for what it's worth.
I know the first thing I have to learn is 'dont type to much in enemy territory' as you found out yesterday  :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2008, 02:45:45 PM »
And the thread skirts closer towards the cliff ;)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group