Author Topic: Unofficial Trainers - Read This Please  (Read 14394 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Unofficial Trainers - Read This Please
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2008, 02:56:05 PM »
Vudka:

Well intentioned and good idea,but wouldn't just offering to help new players and the like accomplish the same thing???? Hang around the TA for more than a few minutes and there's always someone with questions.

Offline Mighty01

• Zinc Member
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2008, 04:49:31 PM »
I know what my skill levals are, and now that I have to gloat about myself just to get people to agree with me, here it is.
I won Friday KOTH, with pretty much every senario that comes to hand: Furball, pickers, HOers, gangers (I was a wabbit) 1v1
you are the elite
I usually pick in the MA,
yep, that is the same thing you do in KOTH also, you skirt the rules as much as you possibly can flying near fights and always at alt until most are dead and you are one of the last 2 or 3 left using your teamspeak so you cannot get caught on ingame vox and why is it you see more jokers jokers flying in ktoh these days  need that help. no big surprise here that you finally was able to pull off a win without getting caught cheating
but I do get into furballs at least once a day, and I always seeem to land kills, unless there is a huge disadvantage on my part, such as 20v1.
you mean u can handle 3 vs 1 if you have 2 squaddies helping you, and you dominate for sure when you got the 20 to 1 advantage
I can handle 3v1 but it gets harder past that. I usually fly zekes in the furballs, but I usually fly the F4U1-D, which is a great plane, or a F4U4, which is another great plane.
this is so funny reading, it is not worth replying to, you need Vudak to teach you how to fly the F4U or Balsy or SirLoin or TC or AKDogg or Widewing. Then you might be able to get out of the zekes and spitunes and learn how to really fly an F4U and fly it in a E Fighting way and Furballing with it.
I also fly the 109K-4 for picking and roping inexperience people, even sometimes experoenced people. I am also learning how to use the 30mm or the "tater" as I like to call it.
I know how to reverse a con on my 6 withing maybe a turn or two and have the advantage.
I know how to reverse a HOing con inside 1 turn
I know how to reverse a picking con
I know how to pick and maintain all my E and keep the same alt that I started with.
I know how to TnB with almost any aircraft in the game, except the KI's, but I like the F4U's the most.

LOL, I could know how to do all of these also if I just got done reading the same material you just read ( he has a copy of In Pursuit   sitting on his toilet,  he should be reading Shaw's )

That will sum up most of what I do. I have not fought Max or Murdr, but I have fought TC in KOTH and we are about even, I might be a little better. If you still don't agree with me, PM me for the DA, I always like the DA, work on my skill a bit.
<S>

are you asking me to PM you to set up a DA meeting with you if I do not agree with you? if you are better than Murdr or Max  or TC or 2bighorn or AKDogg, then I do not need to DA you, and I will change my name for you must truly be the almighty one. Although I find it hard to believe even 1/8th of your claims except that yes you probally do know how to do all those "I know how" by reading some fictitious book and having wet dreams about the days you wish you could be as good as you say you are

go duel Murdr, go Duel Vudak, go Duel TC......if you can beat each of them then I might give you the time of day to show you what you don't know. although you claim you know it all and can train advanced energy Fighting Tactics........

don't forget to open your parchute on your way back down from your y blue yonder dreamin  :noid

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2008, 05:19:03 PM »
I now declare this thread as officially derailed.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »
that is the same thing you do in KOTH also, you skirt the rules as much as you possibly can flying near fights and always at alt until most are dead and you are one of the last 2 or 3 left using your teamspeak so you cannot get caught on ingame vox and why is it you see more jokers jokers flying in ktoh these days  need that help. no big surprise here that you finally was able to pull off a win without getting caught cheating

so you are saying that, because my squaddies are, that they are going to help me win KOTH? do you even know how to spell KOTH? I send in every film that I won, and there was no such cheating that was involved. I love people who make aligations that cannot back them up.

you mean u can handle 3 vs 1 if you have 2 squaddies helping you, and you dominate for sure when you got the 20 to 1 advantagethis is so funny reading, it is not worth replying to, you need Vudak to teach you how to fly the F4U or Balsy or SirLoin or TC or AKDogg or Widewing. Then you might be able to get out of the zekes and spitunes and learn how to really fly an F4U and fly it in a E Fighting way and Furballing with it
wow, Sirloin is my squaddie and he can tell you that I can beat him almost everytime we DA, he even tells me tat I'm one of the best sticks in the game. and I never have squaddies helping me when its 3v1. next aligation

LOL, I could know how to do all of these also if I just got done reading the same material you just read ( he has a copy of In Pursuit   sitting on his toilet,  he should be reading Shaw's )
LOL now you are going to accuse me of reading somthing that I have never read, how could you say somthing like that, unless you were sitting next to me in the toilet?

are you asking me to PM you to set up a DA meeting with you if I do not agree with you? if you are better than Murdr or Max  or TC or 2bighorn or AKDogg, then I do not need to DA you, and I will change my name for you must truly be the almighty one. Although I find it hard to believe even 1/8th of your claims except that yes you probally do know how to do all those "I know how" by reading some fictitious book and having wet dreams about the days you wish you could be as good as you say you are
I would pwn you any day

go duel Murdr, go Duel Vudak, go Duel TC......if you can beat each of them then I might give you the time of day to show you what you don't know. although you claim you know it all and can train advanced energy Fighting Tactics........
again I have fought TC and he has be me, I havebeat him

don't forget to open your parchute on your way back down from your y blue yonder dreamin  :noid
see, you have no idea what you are talking about, next time, come in with a little more evidence before you open your mouth. oh and you cain't say that because I am in a squad that has a few squeekers in the squad, dosen't mean that i'm a noob that has no skill. :aok
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 05:42:17 PM by Bosco123 »
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »
No offense, but don't these statements contradict?

Not at all, I believe that training should be left to the trainers. On the other hand should someone ask me how to fly a 38, I'm going to help and give them a couple tips I know work. I will end my "lesson" with "but you should look up Murdr, Del, or Ack-Ack to really learn the 38. I know my limits, I know what I can teach....and it ain't much  :D

Training should be left to the trainers, but I like to help out where I can, and I think as a community we should work to helping each other.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2008, 05:49:44 PM »
I know what my skill levals are, and now that I have to gloat about myself just to get people to agree with me, here it is.
I won Friday KOTH, with pretty much every senario that comes to hand: Furball, pickers, HOers, gangers (I was a wabbit) 1v1
I usually pick in the MA, but I do get into furballs at least once a day, and I always seeem to land kills, unless there is a huge disadvantage on my part, such as 20v1. I can handle 3v1 but it gets harder past that. I usually fly zekes in the furballs, but I usually fly the F4U1-D, which is a great plane, or a F4U4, which is another great plane. I also fly the 109K-4 for picking and roping inexperience people, even sometimes experoenced people. I am also learning how to use the 30mm or the "tater" as I like to call it.
I know how to reverse a con on my 6 withing maybe a turn or two and have the advantage.
I know how to reverse a HOing con inside 1 turn
I know how to reverse a picking con
I know how to pick and maintain all my E and keep the same alt that I started with.
I know how to TnB with almost any aircraft in the game, except the KI's, but I like the F4U's the most

That will sum up most of what I do. I have not fought Max or Murdr, but I have fought TC in KOTH and we are about even, I might be a little better. If you still don't agree with me, PM me for the DA, I always like the DA, work on my skill a bit.
<S>

:rofl
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2008, 05:50:14 PM »
Bosco...  No offense...  But why does it matter so much to you?   :huh

Also, I wonder what else besides dogfighting you're teaching guys...

Fugitive - I agree on the disclaimer and advice 100%

Lusche - You must be psychic :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2008, 05:56:06 PM »
Training administration and organization should be left to the trainers,

Fixed....At least I think I'm correctly translating Fugi to English.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2008, 06:19:04 PM »

I just felt offended by that post that he made.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2008, 06:25:06 PM »
Vudka:

Well intentioned and good idea,but wouldn't just offering to help new players and the like accomplish the same thing???? Hang around the TA for more than a few minutes and there's always someone with questions.

My thoughts exactly...
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2008, 06:27:13 PM »
I needed this thread, after a long painful day at work ................... no sleep last night hardly............from an infected tooth that has had the side of my face swollen up the size of a grapefruit....it hurts to be laughing so hard  :rofl but they tell me laughter is the best medicine, right?

heya Bosco00 I will go to the DA and see what you got to offer in the 1 vs 1 category.........all for fun though, not for some glory seeking "I pwn you any day" challenge.... I could give 2 chits if you can beat me or I can beat you..........what I do care about is "Good Proper Atitude" & "Good Proper Etiquette".......can you teach these?

maybe Mighty01's intentions was to bait your persona and see if the real side showed itself?

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2008, 06:35:41 PM »

Vudak

It's a great idea, and really only a "formalization" of what actually occurs. The underlying problem/issue would be in the validation process. As of now its a buyer beware "potluck". Anytime I'm in the TA there are a number of informal "trainers"...some exceptional and others of more questionable merit. None however are "validated"...I completed understand the issues Murdr faces here. It is a no win situation for him.

Without getting into the pissing wars let me try and highlight a very real issue speaking as a former official trainer.

It's fine to be a skilled player in a good plane, and even a skilled player in a "pet ride". You can learn to maximize the relative effectiveness of a specific plane remarkably well. Now lets go beyond that and look at how you take fundemental BFM and string them togeather into more complex ACM that are not only not plane dependent but to a large degree not situationally dependent and can with a reasonable degree of certainty achieve a specified result repeatedly against an above average main arena pilot.

Now once you can actually "manufacture" such ACM blocks you need to be able to not only articulate and teach the theory/concepts from scratch but you need to be able to get inside the other guys head and address the areas where his/her understanding breaks down. There are alot of very good sticks that are still very plane/situation dependent, in effect they are good pilots who understand and exploit both situational advantage and plane strength....in that context they are fairly formidable. Does that translate to being a good trainer...I'm not sure.

I see no need to get into the adonia/bosco debate. My own thoughts are that both are clearly good sticks with great potential over time. As far as temperment and suitability for training...IMO adonia is much closer then bosco as of now. I think both should be applauded for their willingness to share, learn and teach.

I am far from an "uber" stick but i'm good in almost anything. While I'm not a killing machine in anything I'll give a good fight in anything with a gun in the front. So what does a trainer really do? IMO a trainers primary role is to give you the knowledge & confidence such that you can encounter any "average main arena pilot" in any plane with a pilots gunsight in an inferior position and win a one on one a majority of the time. I was able, and still can teach that to anybody with reasonable basic aircraft handling in 90 days (one or two 30 min sessions a week).

Thats the standard (IMO) that every formal trainer here meets (again just 1 guys opinion). This is a film clip I put up way back thats on our squad site. IMO (and again it is just my opinion) it highlights everything and anything about being a "trainer capable" pilot. If you can duplicate this, understand it and teach anyone else to do it repeatedly with success then your at a point where the basic knowledge is there.

http://www.71sqn.co.uk/Films/P40vN1ki.ahf
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 06:37:46 PM by humble »

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2008, 06:38:06 PM »
I
heya Bosco00 I will go to the DA and see what you got to offer in the 1 vs 1 category.........all for fun though, not for some glory seeking "I pwn you any day" challenge.... I could give 2 chits if you can beat me or I can beat you..........what I do care about is "Good Proper Atitude" & "Good Proper Etiquette".......can you teach these?

Frankly, I have never heard of the guy although I realize he may be flying under a different cpid. You are truly blessed though Bosco123, to be able to beat some really good sticks after playing for only a year or so. A real prodigy. What is your cpid? No doubt, with your extreme gift, you've waxed me big time in the MA and I'll recognize your name.

Also, can you post some films of winning 3v1's?  A great learning tool this would be.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 06:42:51 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2008, 06:58:48 PM »

maybe Mighty01's intentions was to bait your persona and see if the real side showed itself?

agreed

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2008, 08:02:03 PM »
Can we just kill this now and put away the rulers?

Vudak had, what I thought, was a really good idea and one I would have been happy to embrace.  Unfortunately, due to logistics, the idea can not, at this time, be utilized to its full potential.

If you really WANT to help go into the TA and teach a noob the very very basics and leave the advanced training to the trainer.

Pretty simple really.  If you got some help when you first moused into a cartoon airplane pay it forward, and let your flying, driving, character, or all of the above, speak for itself. 

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute