Author Topic: todays rant  (Read 1577 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: todays rant
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 04:14:35 PM »
Because I don't give a rat's furry arse about taking real estate.

I'm getting that way myself. :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 04:46:07 PM »
Ok, how come every fighter guy who comes to a baser can`t carry 1 bomb.

Simple, normal newbie and score tard activity. They are there for the easy kills vulch/pick nothing else. Capturing the base is of no interest to them unless they are low on gas.

<S>...-Gixer

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 04:48:53 PM by Gixer »

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 04:51:54 PM »
Because I don't give a rat's furry arse about taking real estate.

And that's why it's so cool that there are so many different facets of the game!

We have:

Furballers
Hoarders
Alt Monkeys
B & Z'ers
Deck T&B'ers
Buff Hunters
Goon Hunters
Base Takers
Toolshedders
Strat Bombers
Base Porkers
Cherrypickers
Quakers
Shakers
Bakers
Candlestick Makers

I know I'm leaving something out...

*****We now return you to the thread's rant   :)   ************

ROX

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 04:54:01 PM »
Ok, how come every fighter guy who comes to a baser can`t carry 1 bomb.Its easy to drop if you need to fight,or simply drop it on anything that would be useful then fight.I always carry atleast 1 bomb or a few rockets,not saying I am the greatest or anything but I do alright. :rolleyes:
If ya spent less time killing helpless buildings with 50 of your closest wingies, you might actually experience air combat, then mebbe get good at it, and discover a whole new aspect of the game
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 05:20:55 PM »
Well ok!  So only reason for a bomb is to take real estate? ThaTS RIDICULOUS  how many times have you heard somebody cry about field/town ack downing them? Maybe it`s just me but flying at the most 3 miles from our base with 10 to 15 other guys waiting to jump the first con in sight isn`t much fun. Then all you hear is  " you stole my kill or  hey i got the asst.  wtf?" Then i fly 10 more miles see a con or 2,let them pass(since i know we got 15 guys waiting for them)Fly 5 more miles and suddenly theres the same thing. 15 enemy cons waiting in a pack. So i fly in drop on a target with 1 bomb or 2 maybe hit 3 ack with rockets.Climb out pass the field then turn and fight. Usually downing a enemy or 2 then rtb and most often then not end up killin the cons i passed on the way in since all our guys r slow from circling n hugging 3 miles out from our base. As for me not responding to the last post i generally just throw out my frustrations and see what others say,not that it really matters,but the old lady`s not hear for me to yell at!!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 05:28:29 PM »
Some of us pretend we're fighter pilots.

Some of us pretend to be fighter bomber pilots

Some pretend to be bomber pilots.

A pretend fighter pilot wants nothing to do with loading an ugly looking cartoon bomb on his pretty looking cartoon fighter plane.  And this cartoon fighter pilot can't hit the ground with a bomb so it would be pointless for me to carry one.  This cartoon fighter pilot has an aversion to cartoon flak too as it tends to put big pixilated holes in his cartoon fighter plane, if not completely pixilating him at times.  It seems silly to play in the cartoon flak
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 05:37:01 PM »
ThaTS RIDICULOUS  how many times have you heard somebody cry about field/town ack downing them?

Anyone whining about getting smacked by ack is either vulching or porking, either way that makes it their problem...I like to discourage vulching, even by my own team, that means specifically NOT helping take down ack...Nothing ends and otherwise good fight quicker than de-acking and vulching...
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »
And that's why it's so cool that there are so many different facets of the game!

Yes, intelligence gathering is coolest of them all.

I know I'm leaving something out...

Spies...

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 05:46:03 PM »
Ok, how come every fighter guy who comes to a baser can`t carry 1 bomb.Its easy to drop if you need to fight,or simply drop it on anything that would be useful then fight.I always carry atleast 1 bomb or a few rockets,not saying I am the greatest or anything but I do alright. :rolleyes:

I think everyone understands what you are saying, but some guys (inlcuding me) go into an area with a specific mission in mind, and if I am in a Spit9 (no ord) or a Spit9, I'm going to want all the fuel I can carry so taht rules out the bomb for the Mk8.  Also, some fighters have drastically reduced preformance when carrying ord, and some dont gain anything after they drop due to the mounting apperatus (Bf109?) so they are screwed outright.  

I can and do take ord on a P47 or F6F when I can and I know the mission is dual purpose,.... but even then my primary mission is to ground pound and THEN be a fighter.  You dont go into an area low and slow and expect to survive very long.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 06:01:57 PM »
I have never lost a flight and blamed it on the fact that i have or had a bomb.I lose fights due to pilot error it`s certainly me and not the planes performance,or maybe it is and i have learned to fly with a plane so equiped.As for not having enough fuel,that i understand fully yet at the same time i rarely see anyone up from a base thats not the closest,thus they have no alt,get sucked in low fight right away and generally die befor using up 1/2 a tank.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 06:28:52 PM »
Well ok!  So only reason for a bomb is to take real estate? ThaTS RIDICULOUS.  Play my way or you are a dweeb!

I don't care about ack since if I get anywhere near it I explode and I never have a problem finding guys to shoot at. At any given moment, about 80% of the arena has the same opinion.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 06:58:56 PM »
A pretend fighter pilot wants nothing to do with loading an ugly looking cartoon bomb on his pretty looking cartoon fighter plane.  And this cartoon fighter pilot can't hit the ground with a bomb so it would be pointless for me to carry one. 

And yet you're so good at hitting the ground with your plane as a burning, flaming, wreckage.
Maybe if you could set the bomb on fire THEN drop it you'd be in bussiness.

:)

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 07:24:20 PM »
I have never lost a flight and blamed it on the fact that i have or had a bomb.I lose fights due to pilot error it`s certainly me and not the planes performance,or maybe it is and i have learned to fly with a plane so equiped.As for not having enough fuel,that i understand fully yet at the same time i rarely see anyone up from a base thats not the closest,thus they have no alt,get sucked in low fight right away and generally die befor using up 1/2 a tank.

Actually, I took bombs to a base capture just to help out, (I don't generally do that) anyway, just helping out some friends as thats what they like to do, cool, I'm in, I take bombs ,I miss, long story short i take off to go fight, get in a fight and only by the grace of God and several freinds clearing my six did I make it out, Now I'm not very good but this was pathetic, anyway one of them asks me if i was armed with a thousand pounder or was I just happy to see him.

So yes bombs can kill you, they are very dangerous and need close supervision.
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 08:00:15 PM »
Simple, normal newbie and score tard activity. They are there for the easy kills vulch/pick nothing else. Capturing the base is of no interest to them unless they are low on gas.

Surely, you jest...  :huh
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 09:00:14 PM »

We have:

Furballers
Hoarders
Alt Monkeys
B & Z'ers
Deck T&B'ers
Buff Hunters
Goon Hunters
Base Takers
Toolshedders
Strat Bombers
Base Porkers