Author Topic: todays rant  (Read 1582 times)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
Re: todays rant
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 09:50:44 PM »
You forgot whiners

Oh....and I forgot:

Scorepotatoes
Spawn campers
Ch200 Namecallers
KP Potato peelers
Rundweebs
O'CLub movie Watchers
Squirrels with cameras.

**********Please feel free to return to today's rant.

(PS.  I think that vlad was joking) 

I love you all.  Hugs all around.   :aok

ROX

Offline tech9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 02:34:35 AM »

I know I'm leaving something out...

How could you forget squeekers

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 08:34:55 AM »
Always better to have a bomb(s) and pickle them for a dogfight than to need them and not have them.

(WidowMaker 101)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 08:49:32 AM »
I know I'm leaving something out...

I think that you may have missed vulchers.   :D
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 09:54:23 AM »
I think that you may have missed vulchers.   :D

Thank you LTARazor

Vulchers
Vulchees
Hidden CV uppers
Secret gv Base Takers
HQ Raiders
HQ Raider Hunters
Squeekers
Know It Alls
Little Generals
N00bs
"How do I start my engine?"

Cod.....I love this game.

What else am I leaving out?

ROX

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:07:16 AM by ROX »

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 10:00:44 AM »
Well ok!  So only reason for a bomb is to take real estate? ThaTS RIDICULOUS  how many times have you heard somebody cry about field/town ack downing them? Maybe it`s just me but flying at the most 3 miles from our base with 10 to 15 other guys waiting to jump the first con in sight isn`t much fun. Then all you hear is  " you stole my kill or  hey i got the asst.  wtf?" Then i fly 10 more miles see a con or 2,let them pass(since i know we got 15 guys waiting for them)Fly 5 more miles and suddenly theres the same thing. 15 enemy cons waiting in a pack. So i fly in drop on a target with 1 bomb or 2 maybe hit 3 ack with rockets.Climb out pass the field then turn and fight. Usually downing a enemy or 2 then rtb and most often then not end up killin the cons i passed on the way in since all our guys r slow from circling n hugging 3 miles out from our base. As for me not responding to the last post i generally just throw out my frustrations and see what others say,not that it really matters,but the old lady`s not hear for me to yell at!!

If they wernt close to the base trying to vulch, they wouldn't have to worry about field ack killing them. The only legit complaint about ack is from CV's IMHO. I dunno how many times I've upped at a base that was being vulched by tards from a CV only to fight them back until they hide in CV ack. That is the lamest of the lame and the only time you will ever catch me with bombs is if tards from a CV have ticked me off and I decide to sink it.
"strafing"

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 10:11:31 AM »
Ok, how come every fighter guy who comes to a baser can`t carry 1 bomb.Its easy to drop if you need to fight,or simply drop it on anything that would be useful then fight.I always carry atleast 1 bomb or a few rockets,not saying I am the greatest or anything but I do alright. :rolleyes:

Even in the A-20 I normally carry zero ords, its a question of mind set. On those rare occasions I have a specific intention I'll carry ords to accomplish the task. Lusche asked for some help a few nights ago to capture a base. I grabbed 8 x 500 and dropped them on the VH (or in the general area there of :D) and then got down to business...in the end I went in but not before I got 8 guys who were attempting to defend harass the GV attack.

Normally even in an A-20 I'm just looking for a fight. I dont care about our real estate, their real estate or who's "Winning". To be honest I really dont care if I "win" my fight. I'd rather lose a good 1 on 1 then land 6 or 7 tardlets/vulches...

Now when/if 71 Squadron goes "digital dirt" (and we do occasionally) I to anything needed from fly the goon to hauling iron, same thing if I elect to help out someone elses plan. The simple truth is that the "strategic war" has no real value beyond providing targets for the rest of us.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 10:19:57 AM »
HQ Raider Hunters

What's wrong with that one ROX?  That's really the only time you get to use the ME-163.  In fact, I may try to find some HQ Raiders after work.  Still haven't flown the 163 in game yet and I can't wait.  :D
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 10:38:15 AM »
The only legit complaint about ack is from CV's IMHO. I dunno how many times I've upped at a base that was being vulched by tards from a CV only to fight them back until they hide in CV ack.

Until the ship guns are blasted and broken.  Seeing folk vulched on a CV and especially hearing howls of bewilderment is painful.  Funny in a painful way.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 10:42:58 AM »
Until the ship guns are blasted and broken.  Seeing folk vulched on a CV and especially hearing howls of bewilderment is painful.  Funny in a painful way.

Doing touch and go's off an enemy CV is always a good time

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2008, 12:28:04 PM »
D9 have 20 min fuel w/o DT. 5-7 min to target area average, 5-7 rtb average. That'll leave ya 6-10 min combat time over enemy area w/o DT. To carry egg in D9 you have to sacrafy the DT O.o. Just doesn't compute omg ! brain overload  :confused:
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2008, 12:43:34 PM »
I don't take them because I always have a little fear in the back of my mind that the ground crew may have accidentally strapped a nuke under there instead of a regular bomb and when I drop it the whole map will splode instead of a few of those dangerous buildings. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2008, 01:07:18 PM »
What's wrong with that one ROX?  That's really the only time you get to use the ME-163.  In fact, I may try to find some HQ Raiders after work.  Still haven't flown the 163 in game yet and I can't wait.  :D

Absolutely, positively nothing wrong with it.  I was just listing the many different facest of the game.

I spent a whole tour ones in a TA-152 popping HQ Raiders.  I had a lot of fun and landed a lot of scalps.

Please scroll up an re-read.

Thanks!

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2008, 01:15:42 PM »
Sorry ROX.  In between dealing with transponder certs and idiots pilots with questions today, my brain is fried.
treekilr in game.   

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2008, 01:21:01 PM »
I duct tape 2 torps on my 38 and go to town.....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)