Author Topic: night time  (Read 507 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
night time
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »
I don't get it.  I can still see ok during night time by turning up the gamma, but then when it's daytime I adjust it down again.  What's the point?  Where's the simulation?  If we had no nighttime, what would we lose except turning the gamma up and down?  Save it for scenarios.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Re: night time
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 04:46:48 PM »
This is a wish how? :huh  :confused:
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 05:50:22 PM »
This is a wish how? :huh  :confused:

Ummm, let me spell it out:  No night in the arenas.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 05:56:37 PM »
what we have currently isnt night, its dusk, we had night a while back but then it vansihed... now it only comes on christmas
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 09:12:45 PM »
Ummm, let me spell it out:  No night in the arenas.
the night allows it to be realistic,and it keeps the sun from getting in your way
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 10:26:05 PM »
the night allows it to be realistic

Begs the question.  What is realistic about "dusk" if everyone simply turns up their gamma to compensate?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 11:19:52 PM »
You do know it is the actions of HUNDREDS of morons, doing EXACTLY what you discribed that takes away from the SIMULATION you hold so dearly.
Here is a thought, leave your settings alone.

:aok

Stop jackin' with your settings.  :furious

~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 11:30:35 PM »
 :rofl

Ok, I won't mess with my settings provided that everyone else agrees to do the same. :aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 12:16:56 AM »
"2 wrongs don't make a right"  Just play the game as the creators meant it to be played and don't adjust your settings.  But as always it's your $15 so do as you please.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline 100goon

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 09:51:07 AM »
yea we dont get a real "night" but it still gets pretty dark and thats a good time to luanch low light missions and personally i like it when it gets darker so turning up your gamma just ruins it. NO NO NO NO NO  :mad   :cry  :furious   :huh  :t   :devil  :pray NO!    NO!
Claim Jumpers

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 02:19:24 PM »
"2 wrongs don't make a right"  Just play the game as the creators meant it to be played and don't adjust your settings.  But as always it's your $15 so do as you please.

Well spoken. :salute
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
Yes, and which squadrons launched their entire compliment of daytime fighters and daytime heavy bombers to go to the enemy fields in the middle of the night, bomb them, land at them, have troops run into them, capture them, all at night?

Hrm... none.

Night flying was NOT undertaken by most units. The rare exception is night-time bombing, but that's an entirely different OFFLINE type of simulation game, not this game.

No, night flying is NOT realistic. Not in this game. Nor was it very common (millions+ sorties in fair weather only, as compared to specialized night bomber missions and almost no bad weather missions and no daytime fighter sweeps in the middle of the night)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 02:33:35 PM »
Dusk and dawn are so short that I have never bothered playing with gamma. Actually I never did it even when we had the real night time.

So here you have one to start counting for your "everyone else agreeing to do the same"  :aok

However, it won't really matter to me whether you continue to play with your gamma or not  :D

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 02:40:19 PM »
No, night flying is NOT realistic. Not in this game.

I agree with you, unless we get some more nightfighters/bombers, I say it isn't practical.
And even so, I think it should be allowed maybe once a weekish. (different day per country, randomize it every week :))
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 03:00:55 PM »
No, night flying is NOT realistic. Not in this game. Nor was it very common (millions+ sorties in fair weather only, as compared to specialized night bomber missions and almost no bad weather missions and no daytime fighter sweeps in the middle of the night)

Well to be fair, neither is perfect visibility and blue skies and bright sun with minimal cloud cover 24X7.

Even if we'd fought WW2 exclusively in the Caribbean you wouldn't have had such ideal circumstances. I'd love to get some occasional weather, unbroken cloud cover, even the occasional rain squall. Not to mention SNOW. Many other sims have successfully incorporated weather conditions, low light, etc. eventually with graphic upgrades, this sim will need them too. Also, you are discounting that certain ops took place almost exclusively at night - PT raids for instance.

Both Jeep/light armor and PT raids are currently suicidal - turn off the lights however.... Auto Ack is also a prob there, but we can talk about that in another thread.

Bright, sunny, and clear all the time needs to go.
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams