Author Topic: Will the map rotation ever be "right"  (Read 948 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Will the map rotation ever be "right"
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 04:02:36 PM »
Also if you believe the squeaky wheel gets the grease you are incorrect. It gets my attention, and I most often choose make make the wheel stop squeaking and hurting everyone's ride.

HiTech

:rofl ... Dale, most won't understand what your getting at here.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 04:35:33 PM »
Anaxogoras : please tell me how you consider anything in my quoted statement of MajIssue "reasonable" , they are down right insulting. And that is why people jump in to make there statements. HTC constantly changes the game based on "Reasonable" and good idea.

It is the Unreasonable that you see people taking heat for. Just like yours is a completely unreasonable idea the MajIssue is being reasonable.

Anaxogoras: Do you think that it sociably acceptable to keep asking for the same thing in a public forum  (as a child would) when you do not get what you want?

Also if you believe the squeaky wheel gets the grease you are incorrect. It gets my attention, and I most often choose make make the wheel stop squeaking and hurting everyone's ride.

HiTech

HiTech,
 I understood the meaning of your post LOUD and CLEAR!

Please allow me to publicly apologise for the tone of my original post. I meant no disrespect or insult toward either HiTech or the HTC staff. If the thread was perceived that way, it was not my intent. I will endeavor to make future "observations" in the form of respectful constructive criticism or suggestions on how to improve the Aces High "experience", and limit the sarcasm.

Additionally, as I have stated before, Aces High is the best MMOG  in existence, and my wife will keep me from subscribing when she pulls the credit card from my cold dead fingers.

BTW... would a "bribe" of a certain single malt Scotch help get me back in good graces?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 04:41:08 PM by MajIssue »
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2008, 07:07:41 AM »
It is so simple but for HTC so seemingky impossible to fathom...

1. Always have one large and one small map in the MAs
2. Never have the same map in bothe MA's
3. Always have a fresh map for Titanic Tuesday and reset it for Wednesday.

What is so difficolt about that?

maybe thats what YOU want, but maybe it isnt what they (HTC) or other players want?

for instance number 3 is a stupid idea why does it need resetting after Titanic tuesday?
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2008, 09:47:20 AM »
:rofl ... Dale, most won't understand what your getting at here.

It's the long way of saying PNG.  Quite easy to figure out actually.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 11:18:07 AM »
Anaxogoras : please tell me how you consider anything in my quoted statement of MajIssue "reasonable" , they are down right insulting. And that is why people jump in to make there statements. HTC constantly changes the game based on "Reasonable" and good idea.

I agree that the statement you quoted was unreasonable, but you didn't quote the other part:

2. Never have the same map in bothe MA's

It is the Unreasonable that you see people taking heat for. Just like yours is a completely unreasonable idea the MajIssue is being reasonable.
My goal is to interpret others charitably when possible, and to sieve out the content of what they say from all of the chaff.  You make the game, and I'm thankful for your work, but it's too easy to pick on the negative points of the OP while ignoring its utility.  I don't mind taking the unpopular side of an issue if I see even the tiniest merit that's being ignored: I'll point it out.

Anaxogoras: Do you think that it sociably acceptable to keep asking for the same thing in a public forum  (as a child would) when you do not get what you want?
No I do not.  But you're assuming that I endorse the worst part of the OP.

HiTech

With all respect, I agree that the tone was incorrect, but the content of the complaint is right on.  Of all the published main arena maps you use 25% of them with regularity, at best.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:31:38 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 02:14:37 PM »
   I will simply say a few new maps would be nice. Something with detail. Not so much eye candy and framerate killing stuff, but interesting coves and mountain ranges, different style base placement.

~AoM~

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 02:22:38 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 02:43:59 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2008, 02:33:13 PM »
It is so simple but for HTC so seemingly impossible to fathom...

2. Never have the same map in both MA's

What is so difficult about that?

Perhaps I should have framed my point like this:

With all due respect to the fantastic work that the staff at HTC does, I have noticed that the map rotation is getting a little repetitive as of late. With that thought in mind I would like to suggest the following and would gladly invite debate on the merits of my proposal.

2. Never have the same map in both MA's

Your thoughts...

Once again I apologize to all for the snide and sarcastic tone of the original post.
I also "fixed" my typing errors in the quoted text.
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.