Author Topic: Ranger...Offline Missions Problems  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
Ranger...Offline Missions Problems
« on: August 06, 2008, 02:19:46 PM »
Greetings & Salutations Everyone   :salute

First off, I'd like to congratulate all the people for making these missions, u most certainly are talented providing enjoyment to the rest of us.  The graphics are beautiful, special thx to USRanger, crowduh, Baumer & bobtown.

I've had no problems with any of the missions, with the exception when I downloaded USRangers "Winter Breakout", I printed out the
Installation Instructions from AHWiki & followed them assiduously.
As I also have flown USRanger's "Raiders of the Rising Sun" missions,
I DIDN'T redownload missn2 map.

The problems materialized when I attempted to fly the "Winter Breakout Mission", after I was airborne my screen turned WHITE & the
following Error Msg appeared:

"Aceshigh.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for the inconvenience "  :(

The same problem reappeared on EACH of USRanger's missions on "Raiders of the Rising Sun & Winter Breakout", whereby when I just flew "Raiders of the Rising Sun" I've had NO probs whatsoever!

I deleted both programs & associated files. Redownloaded "Raiders"
but to no avail as the problem is still existant.   No probs with flying the other missions.

Request ur kind assistance in fixing this problem, seemingly missn2
map might be causing the errors.

Cheers

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Ranger...Offline Missions Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 05:13:55 PM »
Alright, let's see here.  I can guarantee it's not the map, or everyone would have this problem.  Just to make sure you somehow didn't get a bad download, fly it offline and see if it works normally.  If you can fly on it offline, that solves that question.  Now, let me reiterate what you posted just to make sure.  You were able to fly the Raiders mission just fine originally.  My question here is, is AH installed on your C: drive or did you have to modify the .mis file as explained in the Wiki?  If so, you will have to do the same for the W.B. mission.  Ok, here's where I bet where the problem lies, the missres folder.  Since you were able to play the Raiders mission fine, you would've had to have the missres folder in your AH folder to place the .wavs folder into.  Since BOTH missions are now crashing, check to see if your missres folder still exists.  If not, re-create it and drop the .wavs folder in there like you did for the Raiders mission originally.  If you do have the missres folder, refer to the pic I posted in the Raiders thread to see if its contents matches mine.  Check these things then let me know.  Since you are able to start the mission and it crashes soon after takeoff(when the first .wav kicks in)  I believe it has something to do with the missres folder since both missions are crashing now (and only these). 

Let me know:
-if AH is installed on your C: drive or another
-if another drive, did you edit the mission accordingly
-do you have a missres folder in your AH folder
-is the folder containing the .wavs for each mission inside your missres folder
-have you ever seen a grown man naked

:) Let me know the results
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 05:19:30 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 09:38:09 PM »
Good Evening USRanger  :)

To answer ur questions (1) Raiders is domiciled on my C: drive as are all of the missions.       (2) I didn't modify the .mis file
(3) I only found out about AHWiki website AFTER I d/l "Raiders" from
ur posting & was successfully flown.
(4) missres file was & is present , per ur picture.

I d/l "Winter Break" from the AHWiki site, but when the problem occured on BOTH Raiders & Winter Break.   I removed both programs & d/l ONLY Raiders from ur site.  Unfortunately that didn't clear the problem.   I removed Raiders again, reinstalled & the problem is still
present. Raider .wav files are the only files in the missres folder.
(5) after my university days & a stint in the military, yes, I did see
men & women naked    :D   :lol

Cheers

P.S. by your post I mean ur notification to all of Raiders being ready 2b d/l from www.fileden.com on 07/31/2008  :) 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:44:15 PM by Happy1 »

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 04:01:14 AM »
Ranger  :aok

All problems solved, reread Installation Instructions, & complied with same verbatim   :)  Problem was that I was reading into instructions extras which weren't there, such as opening the folders in the missres
folders & extracting the .wav files!

Played all the missions in Raiders & Winter Breakout, the graphics, the music & everything was excellent.  Kudos on a job well done .

Apologies for having taken up ur valuable time with careless probs.

Cheers    :salute

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:32:30 AM »
Great to hear it's worked out. :aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 09:45:53 AM »
Had the same problem happy.  Then I read the instructions...Doh! :D

BTW, Great work Ranger!
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 08:13:54 PM »
Alright, let's see here.  I can guarantee it's not the map, or everyone would have this problem.  Just to make sure you somehow didn't get a bad download, fly it offline and see if it works normally.  If you can fly on it offline, that solves that question.  Now, let me reiterate what you posted just to make sure.  You were able to fly the Raiders mission just fine originally.  My question here is, is AH installed on your C: drive or did you have to modify the .mis file as explained in the Wiki?  If so, you will have to do the same for the W.B. mission.  Ok, here's where I bet where the problem lies, the missres folder.  Since you were able to play the Raiders mission fine, you would've had to have the missres folder in your AH folder to place the .wavs folder into.  Since BOTH missions are now crashing, check to see if your missres folder still exists.  If not, re-create it and drop the .wavs folder in there like you did for the Raiders mission originally.  If you do have the missres folder, refer to the pic I posted in the Raiders thread to see if its contents matches mine.  Check these things then let me know.  Since you are able to start the mission and it crashes soon after takeoff(when the first .wav kicks in)  I believe it has something to do with the missres folder since both missions are crashing now (and only these).  

Let me know:
-if AH is installed on your C: drive or another
-if another drive, did you edit the mission accordingly
-do you have a missres folder in your AH folder
is the folder containing the .wavs for each mission inside your missres folder
-have you ever seen a grown man naked

:) Let me know the results

This is what I'm talking about bbosen.  
This may be a little dated, but I'd take his word.

Coogan

can't say I didn't use the "Search Feature"  :lol
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:23:10 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear