Author Topic: Training games  (Read 436 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Training games
« on: August 07, 2008, 07:28:20 PM »
After looking at what HTC did with the TA map I was wondering if we were going to get a new DA map. If so, would it have areas for squads to train against other squads?

We have played many games there like,

Different variations of who could knock down strat targets faster.
(defended / undefended, bombers / no bombers)

Who could take base's fastest and the usual last man flying and latter competitions.

It looks like the new TA could be the place for some of these games now.

Sloehands Tank Club games are a blast and his ideas could also be used for squad competition but not sure if there is a place for that on the new TA map.

Any other games that you have played in the DA that could be used for training???

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 08:01:36 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Training games
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 07:59:19 PM »
After looking at what HTC did with the TA map I was wondering if we were going to get a new DA map. If so, would it have areas for squads to train against other squads?
HTC did nothing with the NEw TA map, Dux editd/re-Designed this Map/Terrain by request of the Trainers as far as I am aware.....

if you want a new DA map, put in a request from one of the Terrain Designers, or build and submit it yourself would be best

We have played many games there like,

Different variations of who could knock down strat targets faster.
(defended / undefended, bombers / no bombers)

Who could take base's fastest and the usual last man flying and latter competitions.
why would you want to quite playing your games in the DA, if you already have been using it for this purpose?

It looks like the new TA could be the place for some of these games now.
The TA is for Training, it is not a place for competition or for Games.......

Sloehands Tank Club games are a blast and his ideas could also be used for squad competition but not sure if there is a place for that on the new TA map.
No, there is not, it is a new updated map to help in all aspects of Training for Aces High

Any other games that you have played in the DA that could be used for training..

unsure.looks like the games have been working fine in the current DA from your description      :cool:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 08:15:03 PM »
I wrote Dux a PM a few years back about a new DA map... 

I like all the current fields but would also like variations of them that would have 10k of air beneath you as opposed to the ground starting at 8k or so.  That way you can practice holding an edge at altitude, and also experiment with some engagements where you have sky beneath you to try different things.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Dragdad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 02:57:17 PM »
I agree, I would love to see an improved DA map.
I was abandoned as a child and raised by feral weener dogs. To this day, I can't bring myself to eat a ballpark frank.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 02:30:20 AM »
It would be nice to see a DA map with airspawns, or at least have the fields closer together.

Ten fields would be perfect; 2 on the deck, 2 at 5k, 2 at 10k, 2 at 18k and 2 at 25k.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!