Author Topic: Perk  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Perk
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »
True, but let's not fall into the perfectionist's trap of not trying.  A less than perfect attempt at objective eny values would be an improvement over what we have now.

Feel free to propose new, better values :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2008, 12:34:57 PM »
Feel free to propose new, better values :)
Successfully recommend me for a free month's subscription and I'll do it.  Otherwise it's HTC's job to implement rational eny values. :aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2008, 12:35:58 PM »
I have to agree that with the fact that 16's are uber divers and stay even with my jug in a 550 MPH dive :huh. I agree that the wings are tough, but the thing's light as a feather and should not be able to keep up with, much less catch a 7 ton jug in a dive.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »
I have to agree that with the fact that 16's are uber divers and stay even with my jug in a 550 MPH dive :huh. I agree that the wings are tough, but the thing's light as a feather and should not be able to keep up with, much less catch a 7 ton jug in a dive.
The P-47 accelerated faster in a dive, but Spitfires reached higher speeds in a dive.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2008, 01:30:15 PM »
Ahhh... That plane is too good for n00bs! I presume they should fly less exceptional planes to be even easier victims? Heaven forbid they try to fly in an "easy plane". Let them all fly P40s, and don't worry about their frustration. Perk it, so only pilots like me can fly it!

Rather funny... experienced pilots flying the 16 are lamers, and now the 16 is far too good for "noobs" too. Just a variation of the "You should fly what I tell you".

Yup, who cares for any reason? Perk it just because!  ;)
ok so not perk it. The only reason why it has a low K/D is because of the noobs. when they kill you right off the deck in a climb, you might see what I'm talking about.
why would you argue this? for every bit it is one of the best fighters in the game. maybe we should unperk the F4U4 then, if you think that the spixteen shouldn't be perked. Maybe we should unperk the CHog; thats as good as the spixteen, got a good turn climb and guns. aww hell lets just unperk the Temp, just because you think that the spixteen shouldn't be perked. all of these planes are just as even as the spixteen, why are they perked?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:34:35 PM by Bosco123 »
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2008, 01:51:51 PM »
ok so not perk it. The only reason why it has a low K/D is because of the noobs. when they kill you right off the deck in a climb, you might see what I'm talking about.
why would you argue this?

Because perk was introduced to for balnes otherwise unbalancing the arena.

The Spit 16 has NO such effect on MA's in any way. It's eally that simple. Spit 16 are not as numerous as many people claim, not do they pose a rearkable above average threat. Of course is a good pilot a in a 16 a serious threat - but then you will also have to perk the 109K (can run from aything 8-25K, big cannon, best climber in game - the 16 can't run)

aww hell lets just unperk the Temp, just because you think that the spixteen shouldn't be perked. all of these planes are just as even as the spixteen, why are they perked?

You can't be serious...  :rolleyes:

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2008, 02:18:04 PM »

You can't be serious...  :rolleyes:

course I wasn't serious. Every time me or you attack a base, whats the first planes that you see? I usually see Nikis, spixteens, hurris and zekes. There is a lot of base attacking don't you think?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2008, 02:36:49 PM »
course I wasn't serious. Every time me or you attack a base, whats the first planes that you see? I usually see Nikis, spixteens, hurris and zekes. There is a lot of base attacking don't you think?
So?  What is your point?  You want bases to be easier to attack?  You'd rather see N1K2-Js, Spitfire Mk VIIIs, Hurricane Mk IICs and A6M5bs than N1K2-Js, Spitfire Mk XVIs, Hurricane Mk IICs and A6M5bs?  You think the most popular free aircraft should all be perked?  You think perking is silly?  You are not being clear at all.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2008, 02:45:43 PM »
Because perk was introduced to for balnes otherwise unbalancing the arena.

Are we just assuming that unbalancing the arena is the right criterion for perking an aircraft?  Or does it actually stand up to scrutiny...

Clearly, if only 2-weekers flew the Tempest, it would not unbalance the arena.  Then by the unbalancing the arena criterion, the Tempest would not be perked.  Now, very few of us would accept this result, and so by following the unbalancing the arena criterion we have found ourselves in a contradiction, and therefore the criterion should be abandoned.

This seems to be the case with the Spitfire16, but in a less extreme way.

We found ourselves in this muddle because unbalancing the arena depends way too much on the quality of pilots who fly the aircraft.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 02:47:14 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2008, 04:05:27 PM »
So?  What is your point?  You want bases to be easier to attack?  You'd rather see N1K2-Js, Spitfire Mk VIIIs, Hurricane Mk IICs and A6M5bs than N1K2-Js, Spitfire Mk XVIs, Hurricane Mk IICs and A6M5bs?  You think the most popular free aircraft should all be perked?  You think perking is silly?  You are not being clear at all.
what I'm sayin is, its just WAY to uber to fly against. I'm more afriad of a spixteen, then a Hurri, zeke, or niki, just because I know what it can do.
It climbs like a rocket, and has some of the best guns in the game. it out turns zekes, and with skill, hurris just as easy. it has one of the best accelerations in the game.
All of that is redundant, but thats what it is, is what it is.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2008, 05:21:03 PM »
what I'm sayin is, its just WAY to uber to fly against. I'm more afriad of a spixteen, then a Hurri, zeke, or niki, just because I know what it can do.
It climbs like a rocket, and has some of the best guns in the game. it out turns zekes, and with skill, hurris just as easy. it has one of the best accelerations in the game.
All of that is redundant, but thats what it is, is what it is.
It doesn't come close to matching the climb of the Me163.  It cannot turn with any A6M or any Hurricane.  Its flat out top speed on the deck is about 345mph, fast but by no means staggering. You're afraid of it because you've made it a bogeyman in your mind and are losing fights with it before the first maneuver.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2008, 05:42:37 PM »
It doesn't come close to matching the climb of the Me163.
:huh :confused: :rofl

You lose this argument by default for comparing the spit16 to the 163. :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:47:27 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2008, 05:59:24 PM »
Read what karnak has quoted "it climbs like a rocket", the m163 is a rocket plane of course. ;)
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2008, 06:01:54 PM »
I wondered how long it would be before the "game balancing thing" would be brought up.  If I remember correctly perking or the idea of perking came after the Chog was introduced and a bunch of the guys cried that it was unbalancing the game.

My problem with perks and perking it that it has the opposite effect of game balancing (if that was the purpose) because the guys with most perks are of course the better pilots so now you have the best pilots flying the best planes......... hardly what I would call game balance.

Eny on the other hand is a good method to "balance" the game (although I scream everytime it is applied to me) :cry
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2008, 06:25:52 PM »
:huh :confused: :rofl

You lose this argument by default for comparing the spit16 to the 163. :P
I'm not the one who compared it to a rocket.  I stated that it factually is not comparable to a rocket.

You lose.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-