Author Topic: Perk  (Read 4161 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Perk
« on: August 08, 2008, 08:57:42 AM »
I know alot of people keep saying perk the LA7 but in fact not alot of people know how to fly it well. The Spit 16 is easymode of easymode. Its faster then a F4U1c on the deck, its gun package includes hispanos, and it spins circles around most every fighter in the game. What Im getting at is that the Spit 16 should be perked. :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 11:59:48 AM »
Perk it because you consider it easy to fly?  Nah.  Need more substance than that my Pig brother.

:salute
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:02:38 PM »
Perk it because you consider it easy to fly?  Nah.  Need more substance than that my Pig brother.

Has a heavier armament, turns better, climbs better, and is faster than most planes in the arena, and it is extremely easy to fly. More grounds to perk it than the Spitfire MkXIV certainly.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 01:24:54 PM »
Lower the perk on the 14 by 10, maybe as much as the old 152? Make the 16 the 14's price.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 01:44:11 PM »
Has a heavier armament, turns better, climbs better, and is faster than most planes in the arena, and it is extremely easy to fly. More grounds to perk it than the Spitfire MkXIV certainly.

Don't forget acceleration.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline F6Fraven

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 01:58:11 PM »
I do agree that a light perk of maybe 5 should be put on the 16. I do think that most people over rate it though. Lets say that the F6F represents the average plane in Aces High. Without WEP the F6F is actually faster, although the 16 will out accelerate the F6. Turn rate.  The spit16's turn rate isn't as good as many think. An F6 can easily out turn it in a luff and even though the 16 has a better climb rate, I would say that the F6 has an advantage in a vertical fight due to the 16's low mass, instability and torque.   Range: F6  firepower: F6   damage:  F6  Ords: F6 
  AKRaVeN   <S>

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 02:14:44 PM »
You are far underestimating the Spit 16. It turns tighter and is much faster than the F6F at all altitudes.
I have never experienced 'instability' in the Spitfire. Thing's solid as a rock.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 02:33:28 PM by Motherland »

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 02:41:11 PM »
I'm opposed to perking any aircraft that doesn't unbalance the game. 

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 02:48:46 PM »
Don't forget acceleration.
And roll rate...
Just took out a Spitfire MkXVI for the first time in forever... 4 kills no effort...

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »
And yet it somehow doesn't dominate the monthly kill totals.

Methinks your Spitfire loathing is showing.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »
And yet it somehow doesn't dominate the monthly kill totals.

Methinks your Spitfire loathing is showing.

Quoted for truth.
See Rule #4

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 10:30:37 PM »
It turns tighter than...the F6F at all altitudes.

I have my doubts about that, but I suppose I could just be deceived because of the inexperience of most Spit16 sticks...

At any rate...  Let's consider something here...  Let's assume we all like this game, and want it to continue.  If we want that to happen, we need to have a constant influx of new players that remain in the game.  To have that happen, we need to give the new players some sort of chance, so they don't get incredibly frustrated and quit.  The Spit16 fits that bill nicely. 

I don't understand the whole "perk it because new guys can do ok in it" argument.  Give them a chance, already...  They aren't hard to kill.

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 10:43:20 PM »
I have my doubts about that, but I suppose I could just be deceived because of the inexperience of most Spit16 sticks...

At any rate...  Let's consider something here...  Let's assume we all like this game, and want it to continue.  If we want that to happen, we need to have a constant influx of new players that remain in the game.  To have that happen, we need to give the new players some sort of chance, so they don't get incredibly frustrated and quit.  The Spit16 fits that bill nicely. 

I don't understand the whole "perk it because new guys can do ok in it" argument.  Give them a chance, already...  They aren't hard to kill.

:aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 11:23:27 PM »

When i first started playing the game (3 years ago) my 1 and only plane for 3-4 tours was the 190 A-8. Only fly German to this day and im still here.

I think what im trying to say is that if people are interested in the game and the experience enough then they dont need some crazy uber ride, they can learn with anything.

My .02

MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 11:47:08 PM »
When i first started playing the game (3 years ago) my 1 and only plane for 3-4 tours was the 190 A-8. Only fly German to this day and im still here.

I think what im trying to say is that if people are interested in the game and the experience enough then they dont need some crazy uber ride, they can learn with anything.

Fair enough.

If people are interested in the game and the experience enough, they can also learn how to deal with Spit16's :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group