Author Topic: Carrier Decks  (Read 909 times)

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
Carrier Decks
« on: August 08, 2008, 08:07:42 PM »
Earlier today I was rearming an f4u4 low on gas outa ammo and lots of kills , think 4 or 5. Anyways , I come in to make my perfect landing as always. Ease on the throttle , drop gears , then hook then full flaps keeping altimeter above 120 at all times , and make a perfect landing. Then I preceeded to back up a bit because it wasn't letting me rearm. So I back up a tad , come to a complete stop then it says its rearming. Right when that came up my f4u4 flung off the back end of the cv deck at about 100 MPH or higher. SPLASH , 5 kills gone. This glitch has happend to be before and I wish it to get fixed. Ive lost numerous kills and perk rides to it. Since I have your attention HTC I want a refund of my perkies. :D If thats not possible that fix te glitch  :aok

:salute HTC for your time.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Re: Carrier Decks
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 09:35:54 PM »
I've noticed this happens when you attempt to back up with the hook down.  Simply raise the hook and proceeded to re arm.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline spacer

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 08:20:14 AM »
Had the same thing happen in a F6F.  Don't remember the number of kills I had if any!  But I didnt even have time to raise the hook, just got slammed off the aft end of CV after I cut power.

Oh!  BTW TheMan  Good luck getting PP back ya lost!   :rolleyes:

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 05:41:37 PM »
But I didnt even have time to raise the hook, just got slammed off the aft end of CV after I cut power.

In that case, you hadn't completely cut the power. Might want to calibrate your throttle.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 05:57:07 PM »
Raise the hook before backing up.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Relorian

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.wtf.com
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »
easier answer would be Please fix the bug in the code that makes this happen. After all, this is a PAY to PLAY game.

Offline LuckyI3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »
Raise the hook before backing up.

if you do not do this works like a sling shot  :rock
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a Vet

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 04:55:16 PM »
I dont know if its a bug but I think if you leave the hook down you are entering the polevaulting competition voluntarily.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 06:12:02 PM »
I dont know if its a bug but I think if you leave the hook down you are entering the polevaulting competition voluntarily.
ITs a bug obviously. Its ridiculously unrealistic. You cant sling shot a 12000 lb f4 off a boat backwards at 100mph. That is absurd

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 08:24:33 PM »
Actually it is realistic in sorts. When you stop, the arrester cable is still attached to the hook, which is streched still. MEaning, when you take off the "break" and start "backing up", it slings you back. Just a thought
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 07:25:27 AM »
Land on the carrier without the hook. It's easily done. Two less things to worry about.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 08:39:04 AM »
ITs a bug obviously. Its ridiculously unrealistic. You cant sling shot a 12000 lb f4 off a boat backwards at 100mph. That is absurd

I was station onboard the USS Eisenhower  and have worked in the arrester cable room. I have no trouble believing that the cable system could throw a plane off the deck. The hydraulic system and pulley set ups multiply the power available.

Offline watanna

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 10:02:11 AM »

When ever i'm rearming I always lockup brakes.  Easy with pedals.  Also I beleive when rearm is complete
the hook raises.  Could be wrong about that but the brakes work every time.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 11:31:58 AM »
ITs a bug obviously. Its ridiculously unrealistic.

If you're looking to be realistic, RAISE YOUR HOOK once you stop.  They do that on carriers, you know; that lets them reset the arrester cable, (which goes backwards) and would drag a plane with it.

I have yet to be flung off the back of a carrier, as I'm sure most others as well.  It may be a bug, but I would guess it's been there a while and if HTC deemed it a large enough bug, they'd have squashed it long ago.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 11:33:38 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 12:03:01 PM »
Ok, it's a bug, but YOU now have the knowledge to overcome the issue.  Raise the hook after you land as others have said and you won't have the problem.

Simple...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org