Author Topic: NRA tagged spying against anti-gun groups  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
NRA tagged spying against anti-gun groups
« on: August 09, 2008, 04:03:35 PM »
This one cracks me up... I applaud the NRA; <golf clap> but find the 'spy' pretty lame.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5541490&page=1

Fer god's sake; she's into 'pugil stick fighting'... ROFL!

... makes me wonder what kind of nutballs the the anti-gun groups have spying on us.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: NRA tagged spying against anti-gun groups
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »
This one cracks me up... I applaud the NRA; <golf clap> but find the 'spy' pretty lame.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5541490&page=1

Fer god's sake; she's into 'pugil stick fighting'... ROFL!

... makes me wonder what kind of nutballs the the anti-gun groups have spying on us.

Funny that a group so bent on supposedly protecting people's rights is so easily willing to crap all over other people's rights, who disagree with them.
"strafing"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 04:18:51 PM »
makes me wonder what kind of nutballs the the anti-gun groups have spying on us.

Not saying its right by any means.......but anyone who thinks that kind of thing doesn't go both ways is pretty naive.

I knew a young guy a few years back that was an animal rights activist. He faked applying for a job at a slaughter house just so he could discretely film stuff going on when they gave him the plant tour. The guy was kinda out there beyond left field..... 
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »
Funny that a group so bent on supposedly protecting people's rights is so easily willing to crap all over other people's rights, who disagree with them.

Exactly which rights is the NRA crapping all over? They very well may be breaking some lobbying laws....but which rights are they crapping on?
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 04:54:52 PM »
I'm glad anti-gun groups are being spied upon.  They need to be if for no other reason they want to disarm everybody.  I support the NRA by this action 100%.  Gun control is too important an issue not to play hard ball.  Both sides do it and this type of spying has gone on for thousands of years.  I personally want to know everything I can find out about a dangerous opponent, such as the freedom deniers. 

Les

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

We cannot enter into alliances until we are acquainted with the designs of our neighbors. - Sun Tzu

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 05:15:43 PM »
Gee of course the anti gun folks don;'tr have anything to do with the NRA. Naah none of them would buy a membership to keep tabs on the NRA......

Kinda like the anti hunting folks who try to buy as many game tags as they can to keep hunters from getting them. Or applying for the hunting tag lottery so that a hunter would be denied a permit.

Yawn, big fat hairy deal. Both sides engage in checking each other out. The anti's are just crying now since they lost the supreme court ruling.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 06:06:19 PM »
Lautenberg wants to use taxpayer money to investigate legitimate strategy on the part of the NRA, which is checking their every political move.  The NRA is doing this in my interest because I'm a member and this is what I want them to do.

On the other hand, Lautenberg wants to use taxpayer money to do his bidding (what Senate hearing is necessary for something like this?), so he is also using my taxes for his political purpose.  I'm paying for both, one means indirectly and the other because I wish to.  And that is the difference here.  I wouldn't be surprized if the NRA memberships by any "anti" moles weren't paid using taxpayer money.  But I will leave it at that, since I have no proof.  If they were then I think that would be a dishonorable thing to do. 

Les

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »

OK, Tell me how anyones rights were violated?  Anything illegal?  Unless I'm missing anything, A low class partisan hack is calling out the NRA for paying someone to inform on an opponents action.  Something he would applaud if the sides were reversed.  The funny part is she was getting paid by the NRA to act against their interest as part of her cover. 

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 06:45:28 PM »
I wish before people get all indignant and up on a high horse over this, it might be worth considering there has only been an allegation by MotherJones Magazine, and no proof has been offered, guilt not admitted.

It's always possible this whole thing was a setup to make the NRA look bad.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 09:36:59 PM by Dago »
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 07:11:48 PM »
If the NRA weren't studying the enemy I'd want my membership dues back.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 09:40:01 PM »
OK, Tell me how anyones rights were violated?  Anything illegal?  Unless I'm missing anything, A low class partisan hack is calling out the NRA for paying someone to inform on an opponents action.  Something he would applaud if the sides were reversed.  The funny part is she was getting paid by the NRA to act against their interest as part of her cover. 

crockett won't be back. It's a hit and run post.

Ironically, with the 2nd amendment, and groups like the NRA, he wouldn't even be allowed to post on the USA innernets.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 10:07:44 PM »
the USA innernets.

Rip.....I just gotta ask....what the heck is an innernets and is it only in the USA?

:devil

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 10:54:57 PM »
If the NRA weren't studying the enemy I'd want my membership dues back.

What that man said.   :salute
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 11:00:58 PM »
I would not put any stock in anything Frank Lautenberg says regarding the NRA.

Lautenberg is one of the Senate's most militant left wing members. He is an extremist pro-choice/gun banner.  Furthermore, Lautenberg is up for re-election, so he's looking to to put his name in the headlines.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Air Chief Marshal, Elite Top Aces
----------------------------------------------------------------------