Author Topic: NRA tagged spying against anti-gun groups  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Re: NRA tagged spying against anti-gun groups
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 04:01:41 AM »
Crokrett is Davy Crockett.  Maybe he knows what he's talking about. Any of you ever think about that?

Les

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 04:14:41 AM »
Maybe he knows what he's talking about. Any of you ever think about that?

Sure, it's why I asked the question I asked. ;)

He just hasn't been back to answer. /shrug
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 04:41:49 AM »
The senator's demand came a week after reports that for more than a decade, McFate worked for gun-control groups, volunteering her time to organize protests, develop policy, lobby politicians and serve on their executive boards.

I would have thought that as a spy, she would just shut up and maybe hold a sign at a rally or two.

It looks' like this 'spy' might have been doing more harm to the NRA than good...It looks' like she became a major player in the anti-gun movement.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 06:06:29 AM »
If the NRA weren't studying the enemy I'd want my membership dues back.

Give the man a cigar.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 06:45:43 AM »
Funny that a group so bent on supposedly protecting people's rights is so easily willing to crap all over other people's rights, who disagree with them.

No, they are willing to keep protecting their rights, If guns werent allowed, what would it be? The NASRA (National Airsoft Rifle Assocation) ???  :rolleyes:
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 08:38:34 AM »
Crokrett is Davy Crockett.  Maybe he knows what he's talking about. Any of you ever think about that?

Les

After reading many of his posts, I find that highly doubtful.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 08:47:56 AM »

... makes me wonder what kind of nutballs the the anti-gun groups have spying on us.

lemme help you with that.
Name:     crockett
Position:    Public Forums
Date Registered:    November 16, 2006, 11:02:42 AM
Last Active:    Today at 06:54:12 AM
See Rule #4

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 09:52:55 AM »
LOL.. a democrat politician is upset about it...  what about all the fake pro gun rights groups out there who pretend to be for gun rights and have gun rights sounding names but really only have about 100 anti gun members.. these groups are used to show agreement with every gun grabbing bill that comes down the pike.

I am talking about entire groups here!   "American hunters and shooters ass."

This is a totally fake group and you can read here how they play it..

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/04/obama-endorsed.html

Now.. it really doesn't get much worse than this..  these are the people behind the "organization" they are some of the worst democrat gun grabbers of all time.

http://www.gunlawnews.org/asha.html

LOL..  this is simply more of democrats normal feminine way of putting all their flaws on others.. they know how bad they are so they figure everyone else must be doing it too..  like klinton firing hundreds of judges because they didn't have his political stance and then the democrats going after Bush because he used the same test on about half a dozen of the worst.

One tiny little old lady "spying" on these groups compared to an entire democrat group pretending to be a gun advocate group and being used as "proof" that gun owners hate to own guns and really want more gun laws.

Mother jones would never out that group tho would they?   They don't have to tho.. just read the links.

lazs

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2008, 10:49:10 AM »
LOL.. a democrat politician is upset about it...  what about all the fake pro gun rights groups out there who pretend to be for gun rights and have gun rights sounding names but really only have about 100 anti gun members.. these groups are used to show agreement with every gun grabbing bill that comes down the pike.

Laz raised my point. Most of these "grass roots" gun control efforts are professional activists with a check from the Joyce foundation and at best a few thousand members. At worst, they have a few dozen.

Then there is the false "pro gun" group --  The American Hunters and Shooters Association

AHSA was created with the specific intent to provide political cover for anti-gun politicians by allowing them to claim support from a “sportsmen’s” group. In truth, the anti-gun credentials of AHSA’s leadership is well documented. For instance, AHSA president Ray Schoenke has a long history of giving political donations to some of the most anti-gun politicians, including Al Gore, John Kerry, Barbara Boxer, Bill Clinton, Dianne Feinstein and Ted Kennedy. In 2000, Schoenke donated $5,000 to Handgun Control, Inc. (now the Brady Campaign) and the Ray and Holly Schoenke Foundation also made donations to the Brady Campaign. AHSA Board member John Rosenthal remains the leader of Stop Handgun Violence, the Massachusetts anti-gun group. And one of the leading organizers of AHSA is Bob Ricker, who has been a paid expert witness against gun manufacturers in a number of reckless lawsuits. (For more information, see Anti-Gunners Don Camo As Elections Loom.) http://www.nraila.org/Issues/factsheets/read.aspx?ID=232

AHSA just endorsed pro gun Obama. Guess us gun owners can now take AHSA's word and ignore Obama's past as easily as we can its founders and directors

The PR flack in me questions if the intel was worth the image hit, especially considering the media bias that will automatically make this much bigger than it deserves. But, the NRA didn't start this game and lags behind in successful deception.

Charon

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2008, 02:58:05 PM »
My hatred of liberals and democrats grows each day.  Phoney turds out of touch with the real world living in a fantasy la la land.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 08:51:58 AM »
no doubt.. democrats are womanly.. it is like if a wife constantly accuses you of cheating..  you can bet she is doing everything in pants.   

lazs

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 09:58:32 AM »
Its no big deal, competitor intelligence investigations are done all the time.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008, 10:29:34 AM »
O boy,
 I have seen the UAW doing it here! Why don't we do something about them?
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 10:49:19 AM »
I don't think anyone's rights were violated but I do believe they crossed up some lobbying laws.  I wouldn't like to be a part of an organization that feels the need to be underhanded in their dealings either.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »
I don't think anyone's rights were violated but I do believe they crossed up some lobbying laws.  I wouldn't like to be a part of an organization that feels the need to be underhanded in their dealings either.

How about an organization determined to overthrow the US Constitution?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.