Author Topic: how to kill vehicles  (Read 2277 times)

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
how to kill vehicles
« on: August 10, 2008, 06:45:29 PM »
                                     How to kill vehicles
                                                         by NEARY
i have learned the secret to killing vehicles. it is basiclly really easy. there are three great planes for three different kinds of vehicles.

#1:killing light vehicles (lvts,pt boats,m16s,m3s,m8s,jeeps) any plane can kill or disable a light vehicle but the b-25h is best suited because it carries HE rounds and that means less aiming,the reason it is best for light vehicles is because it is big and is an easy target for flak and is also killed by tank guns when attacking.with the exeption of the m16 and some good m8 tankers it is unbeatable against light vehicles.

#2:killing flak (wirbelwind,ostwind,m16) the il-2 is great for killing flak because of it's cannon shots. the il-2 is a very tough plane, and that is why it is good for killing flak, if you hit the m16 it is likely to explode. when going against the ostwind and wirbelwind, aim for the turret as a couple of shots into the turret will disable the flak and will make it all but comepletly useless and vulnerable.don't be shy with the il-2, go directly toward the flak and start shooting at 600-800 feet.

#3:tank killing(panzer,tiger,m4,t-34) the a-20 is the best plane for killing tanks, it takes a little practice but the payoff is huge. if you see an enemy tank approach it (don't forget to open bomb bay) switch to external view (f3), head toward it at a 45-25 degree angle. at about 400-600 feet away drop a single bomb while heading straight toward the tank,REMEMBER TO PULL UP OR THE BOMBS BACKBLAST WILL KILL YOU. it should kill it, i have had much success.

All of these planes (except the il-2) are terribly vulnerble to fighters and are a tempting target to anyone.
if you see an enemy fighter say your prayers because there is not much you can do about it unless you are really good.

other than that,enjoy the game and have as much fun as possible.Enjoy! :D

-NEARY
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Re: how to kill vehicles
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 07:15:25 PM »
All of these planes (except the il-2) are terribly vulnerble to fighters and are a tempting target to anyone.
if you see an enemy fighter say your prayers because there is not much you can do about it unless you are really good.

Not trying to rain on your parade here, but I wouldn't count an A20 as "terribly vulnerble to fighters". The A20 can be downright deadly in a fighter role if used correctly. Snaphook/Humble comes to mind for some reason...
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 07:28:38 PM »
Not trying to rain on your parade here, but I wouldn't count an A20 as "terribly vulnerble to fighters". The A20 can be downright deadly in a fighter role if used correctly. Snaphook/Humble comes to mind for some reason...
most of the time it is easy rey unless you HO it
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:40:34 PM »
lol dont let snap hear that blasphemy/   

A20 very tough bird and a good stick can make you eat the ground quickly.

people see it and think slow bomber but if your light you can light someone's night up.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:33:13 PM »
You forgot the F6F-5, F4U1-D, FW190F-8, Huiicane Mk II D, P-38J, P-38L, P-47D-40, P-51D and a host of other great GV busters.  And most of these are also great fighters.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 09:13:07 AM »
#3 A20 is my fav for tank busting but I got to question the technique - aim directly for the GV and your bombs will drop short every time. I aim ~50yd ahead of the target at 45deg, seems to work pretty well. 130-200yds seems way too close as well, how long do bombs need to arm?

the centre mounted .50s make light work of targets of type #1 too (although I prefer the typhie for these) :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »
If there's no Wirbel around... Hurri D!

Just got some "BS Snailman! That's impossible" comments last night after killing a Tiger who was just sitting there believing in his invulnerability :D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:35:30 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »
Hurri D gv kills are very satisfying :D  30-45deg, aim for the engine compartment, boom! but like you say, not if theres a wirble within 1000yd
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 05:18:08 PM »
Hurri D gv kills are very satisfying :D  30-45deg, aim for the engine compartment, boom! but like you say, not if theres a wirble within 1000yd
the wirbel is the toughest thing you can possibly try to kill in an a-20,i would avoid trying it :uhoh

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 05:19:04 PM »
You forgot the F6F-5, F4U1-D, FW190F-8, Huiicane Mk II D, P-38J, P-38L, P-47D-40, P-51D and a host of other great GV busters.  And most of these are also great fighters.
but none of them have external view and cannot hold as much ord as the a-20 :devil

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 08:15:30 PM »
Nice write-up Neary, why don't you contact Wantok about adding it to the Aces High wiki (you should include the suggestions made by other people if you do so).

[removed]

<S>

Yossarian

EDIT, sorry didn't read your original post carefully enough  :o
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:23:52 PM by Yossarian »
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 08:18:59 PM »
Any plane with forward firing machine guns can fulfill roles 1 and 2.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 10:16:38 PM »
most of the time it is easy prey unless you HO it
negative. out climbed my lgay 7 when i was flying it one time out of boredom, and i had just come from a slight dive  :cry
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 09:18:47 AM »
A20s zoom ability always catches people out :D
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 09:57:43 AM »
but none of them have external view and cannot hold as much ord as the a-20 :devil

Bombing in "external view" is gamey at best ... the releasing of bombs while in external view should not be allowed.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."