Author Topic: how to kill vehicles  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: how to kill vehicles
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
Not trying to rain on your parade here, but I wouldn't count an A20 as "terribly vulnerble to fighters". The A20 can be downright deadly in a fighter role if used correctly. Snaphook/Humble comes to mind for some reason...

Absolutely... If guys think an A-20 is easy kill, they will not survive a skilled A-20 driver. There are several extremely dangerous A-20 pilots in the game, and usually you won't recognize them until it's too late.

This tour, I'm 40/0 in the A-20G, 36/3 in the IL-2, with about half of those being unsuspecting or overconfident fighter pilots. I happily fly either into a furball.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 07:35:48 PM »
Absolutely... If guys think an A-20 is easy kill, they will not survive a skilled A-20 driver. There are several extremely dangerous A-20 pilots in the game, and usually you won't recognize them until it's too late.

This tour, I'm 40/0 in the A-20G, 36/3 in the IL-2, with about half of those being unsuspecting or overconfident fighter pilots. I happily fly either into a furball.

My regards,

Widewing

Two quick questions:

What is the range of the Wirble's 20mm, and what's that plane in your avatar?

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 08:52:37 PM »
Two quick questions:

What is the range of the Wirble's 20mm, and what's that plane in your avatar?

<S>

Yossarian

Drop from between 1.5k and 2.0k and you should be relatively safe.

The plane in the avatar is the type I logged the most time in... The S2F and C-1A.

With the original Wright R-1820-82W engines.

Re-engined with turbo-props.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
Cool, thanks  :aok
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 09:46:37 PM »
what was the planes role widewing, transport or search and rescue?
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »
what was the planes role widewing, transport or search and rescue?

Anti-sub.....

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 11:42:54 PM »
A20 very tough bird and a good stick can make you eat the ground quickly.

people see it and think slow bomber but if your light you can light someone's night up.
So true & if you really want to play with some one in a one one take up a Boston. People dismiss it
& pay for it.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 12:03:27 AM »

A few weeks ago I ran across a pair of A20s.  I was flying a KI-84 and had a little bit of an alt advantage.  They were working very closely together.  So much so that I absolutely could not saddle up on one A20 without exposing myself to the other.  After several minutes, I managed to get a good deflection burst into one right as his partner scored a PW on me.  I disengaged and headed for home, as did the other guy.  Kind of wish I had crashed, or the other guy had.  I would have liked to have found out who those two were.  Their coordination was quite impressive.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »
the only time i can kill a tiger is when i grab a tbm and drop a 2000lbs bomb on it,but that rarely happens
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 05:34:43 PM »
Any plane with forward firing machine guns can fulfill roles 1 and 2.
I can do the same with the 234, so rear firing works well too. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2008, 05:35:31 PM »
the only time i can kill a tiger is when i grab a tbm and drop a 2000lbs bomb on it,but that rarely happens

I can kill a Tiger with a 500lb bomb. Heck, watched VC die from a 50kg bomb on a 110 before.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2008, 05:48:09 PM »
I can kill a Tiger with a 500lb bomb. Heck, watched VC die from a 50kg bomb on a 110 before.
oh no the tiger is really tough to kill,i was defending a v-base that lost its hanger,and i was in a tiger and a pair of a-20s came,in all they dropped all of thier bombs on me,7 of them were smack dab right on my tiger and all i lost was a tread,then they couldn't believe that i was still alive so they tried to take me out with mg's one of them crashed into the tower cause i guess he was not paying attention,the other one collided with me and killed himself (i still got the kill)3 minutes later the vh popped and i got vehicle supps and killed 1 m8,2 panzers,and 6 shermans,and 3 m3s,(i camped the spawn) :D
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2008, 06:06:43 PM »
I can do the same with the 234, so rear firing works well too. :)
Forgot about the 234... that was more directed at the B5N2 :)

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2008, 06:12:09 PM »
oh no the tiger is really tough to kill,i was defending a v-base that lost its hanger,and i was in a tiger and a pair of a-20s came,in all they dropped all of thier bombs on me,7 of them were smack dab right on my tiger and all i lost was a tread,then they couldn't believe that i was still alive so they tried to take me out with mg's one of them crashed into the tower cause i guess he was not paying attention,the other one collided with me and killed himself (i still got the kill)3 minutes later the vh popped and i got vehicle supps and killed 1 m8,2 panzers,and 6 shermans,and 3 m3s,(i camped the spawn) :D
I dont care whose Tigr your in, a Tiger will not, under any surcumstance, survive 3,500 lbs of ord. I almost consistly kill em with a 1000 lb bomb, have never seen one take more than 2K, and that was from an inexpierenced dive bomber.
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »
I dont care whose Tigr your in, a Tiger will not, under any surcumstance, survive 3,500 lbs of ord. I almost consistly kill em with a 1000 lb bomb, have never seen one take more than 2K, and that was from an inexpierenced dive bomber.
it really happened maybe it was a glitch or something but it did happen