Author Topic: Teaser/Trailer... S K E P S I S  (Read 894 times)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Teaser/Trailer... S K E P S I S
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 09:11:09 AM »
Very great opening, loved the music choice, even though it ended oddly for the teaser (Yes, I know you spliced it.)

There is some room for improvement. For example, someone who never played the game wouldn't know what the heck is happening with the switch from different views with the use of "Snap" view. So perhaps instead of using F7 or Snap view, try using F8 or Pan view. And since you had icons enabled in the film, F8 and Padlock go bullet-in-chamber with one another. To use it, simply press the "Tab" key on your keyboard until the aircraft's icon is selected. Then with the use of F8 (pan) the camera will center on the plane from whichever view you're using (Cockpit, external, or chase.) I would however suggest that you don't constantly use it, it would simply make some, "juicy," shots.

It might also help if you get in contact with Bnasty or other film makers to see if they will let you use some of their sound effects. The sound effects greatly increase the immersion factor when it comes to firing the guns, taking damage, and pieces of the plane ripping apart. And to add to the icing, film quality! Your film quality was not bad by any means. However again, you might get in contact with other film makers such as Bnasty or Niros to see what type of quality settings they use.

Very good for a teaser, I'd love to see the upcoming film. :aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »
In the final product are you going to use any shots via the camera shots option?  They can make for some really nice shots.

I was also confused in the trailer, one shot shows the 109 getting it's engine oil hit and beyond that scene it is flying fine w/o smoke.  Is there more than two planes in this dogfight or was it just a misplacement in the timeline.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline SouthLanda

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 03:58:29 AM »
Hello Hoof, well done on the clip.

A few days ago, I spotted a 109 doing some incredible manouvers at 500 feet and attemted to shoot it down.
I've never seen a 109 fight like that before, turning better than a zero, and using the vertical better than one of those damned Niki pilots.

As I fly without enemy icons, from the tight turns, I guessed it was a 109F.

I managed to get a few hits, however even pulling out a few tricks of my own, the Dora doesnt quite turn as well. In the end I lost sight of the 109 (again, no icons allow a historical escape).

Emergency evasives were required due to a 400MPH Mustang that attacked me and eventually saddled on my 6.
After hitting the breaks, the Mustang was in my gunsight and soon dead.

When I checked the film, it was a guy called Hoof.

Some of the best flying ever champ. Been doing this long?
Game ID: SthLanda

Offline abc123

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 11:27:54 PM »
Very great opening, loved the music choice, even though it ended oddly for the teaser (Yes, I know you spliced it.)

There is some room for improvement. For example, someone who never played the game wouldn't know what the heck is happening with the switch from different views with the use of "Snap" view. So perhaps instead of using F7 or Snap view, try using F8 or Pan view. And since you had icons enabled in the film, F8 and Padlock go bullet-in-chamber with one another. To use it, simply press the "Tab" key on your keyboard until the aircraft's icon is selected. Then with the use of F8 (pan) the camera will center on the plane from whichever view you're using (Cockpit, external, or chase.) I would however suggest that you don't constantly use it, it would simply make some, "juicy," shots.

It might also help if you get in contact with Bnasty or other film makers to see if they will let you use some of their sound effects. The sound effects greatly increase the immersion factor when it comes to firing the guns, taking damage, and pieces of the plane ripping apart. And to add to the icing, film quality! Your film quality was not bad by any means. However again, you might get in contact with other film makers such as Bnasty or Niros to see what type of quality settings they use.

Very good for a teaser, I'd love to see the upcoming film. :aok

Thanks for that, I'll definitely take your suggestions to heart and use them, especially about the sound effects and various views.  I'm still new to this "New Shots" deal... :cry  If you have any more criticism, please don't hesitate to point it out, it'll only make the final better! 8)

In the final product are you going to use any shots via the camera shots option?  They can make for some really nice shots.

I was also confused in the trailer, one shot shows the 109 getting it's engine oil hit and beyond that scene it is flying fine w/o smoke.  Is there more than two planes in this dogfight or was it just a misplacement in the timeline.

Yes, I plan on using shots via the camera options, once I work on perfecting them a little more. 

That was the niki getting its oil hit, not the 109.  It's just those two in the fight.  I mixed up the clips as you can see, becuase I didn't want it to be in chronological order (sort of bland to me), and I also wanted to show I guess that when you take damage, it's not always over right then and there. :aok

Hello Hoof, well done on the clip.

A few days ago, I spotted a 109 doing some incredible manouvers at 500 feet and attemted to shoot it down.
I've never seen a 109 fight like that before, turning better than a zero, and using the vertical better than one of those damned Niki pilots.

As I fly without enemy icons, from the tight turns, I guessed it was a 109F.

I managed to get a few hits, however even pulling out a few tricks of my own, the Dora doesnt quite turn as well. In the end I lost sight of the 109 (again, no icons allow a historical escape).

Emergency evasives were required due to a 400MPH Mustang that attacked me and eventually saddled on my 6.
After hitting the breaks, the Mustang was in my gunsight and soon dead.

When I checked the film, it was a guy called Hoof.

Some of the best flying ever champ. Been doing this long?

Thanks for that, I've been flying for a little, and I try to do the G2 justice. :aok
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:30:09 PM by abc123 »
Tree: 73 Myself:  0