Author Topic: Will pay $150 for skin of Witchcraft  (Read 9044 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Will pay $150 for skin of Witchcraft
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 08:01:23 PM »
i will GLADLY take the $150 for Serenity  :D

lol. Ironically, I got exactly $150 for my birthday yesterday!

Witchcraft is coming well, base-coat of paint is laid down, now Im trying to touch it up a bit.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 10:20:21 PM »
lol. Ironically, I got exactly $150 for my birthday yesterday!

Witchcraft is coming well, base-coat of paint is laid down, now Im trying to touch it up a bit.

like i said.....the "Buy Banshee a New Computer Foundation" needs donations  :)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 04:36:32 AM »
Maybe donate the $150 back to the upkeep and operation of WITCHCRAFT if you don't want to take the money.   :salute
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 03:20:30 PM »
He should take the money and divvy it how he sees fit with people who helped on the project.  :aok

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »
He should take the money and divvy it how he sees fit with people who helped on the project.  :aok

or give it to me  :)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 10:10:09 PM »
ALMOST there! I should have the preview up by tonight! Sorry for the delay, homework has been hitting hard :(

Offline Lord ReDhAwK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.revivecomputing.com/aggressors
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2008, 12:21:29 AM »
Heya Serenity,

You should have both .png's in your mailbox bud.  If they didnt come through (or you need them in another format) just let me know.

ReDhAwK
C.O.
The Aggressors

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2008, 12:58:42 AM »
Heya Serenity,

You should have both .png's in your mailbox bud.  If they didnt come through (or you need them in another format) just let me know.

ReDhAwK

They didn't come through, but I pulled them off of here where you posted them and they worked brilliantly! Thanks!

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008, 01:18:03 AM »
Heres the first draft. If there arent any major issues, I will go 'public' with her at the end of tomorrow (Ill put a few more hours into her first).

Known issues so far:

1) Witchcraft was either not a J-model, or a different block, because our J model has another window connected to the aft of the bombsight, which means that the nose art, on both sides, has been moved backwards.

2) The skin has a bunch of... mottled, you would say, pixels. That happens whenever I convert to RGB. It seems to only be an issue with the B-24 as I never had that problem with my Bf-109s...

3) The OD 'waves' do not extend far enough down the side of the fuselage. Due to a bug with the skin, if I extend the OD any farther, to more accurately match the original, it becomes mirrored odly on the bottom of the fuselage.

4) the 'Q2' is missing on the right side of the fuselage. Its there, I just forgot to make it visible again before taking these shots.

5) Shes not quite dirty enough on the underside. I will be mucking her up a bit more before submitting.

6) I havn't added the Audre to the nose yet.

7) The engine oil needs to be cleaned up. That was just a quick patch-job

8.) There are some black lines all over. Those are on an extra layer I need to delete.

Other than that, I present to you, with the GREAT help of Lord Redhawk, Withcraft!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:21:01 AM by Serenity »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 03:17:14 AM »
It was a H model.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 03:23:59 AM »
I honestly don't mean to bash you or anything, but I think Greebo could do it 10x better. Something just doesn't look right with it, but I don't know what.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 03:27:22 AM by EskimoJoe »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 03:44:36 AM »
I honestly don't mean to bash you or anything, but I think Greebo could do it 10x better. Something just doesn't look right with it, but I don't know what.

Oh I agree he could have done better, I'm still new to skinning. I agree, something doesn't look quite right to me either, but this is just the first 'draft' of it. Im not nearly done tooling with it. And, really, even Greebo started somewhere  :aok

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2008, 03:53:25 AM »
Doh! Just realized I forgot to touch the cowlings.

Oh, Eskimo, I figured out what doesn't look right. Shes not the same shade of OD as the modern/restored Witchcraft. This bird is lighter. Now, part of that is some of the weathering (I need to tone a few layers down a bit more) but it's also probably the palate I had stored on this particular comp. Long story short, one of the things I need to do is darken her.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2008, 04:36:37 AM »
Double-doh! I gotta stop multi tasking... I completely ignored the engines here! Alright, screw tomorrow, Im gonna touch her up tonight. Expect an update sometime around 0300-0400 HI time.

Offline Lord ReDhAwK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.revivecomputing.com/aggressors
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2008, 05:03:25 AM »
Heya Serenity,

You may want to change your time of day in your arena setup section to give better screenies of the work.  A lot of the detail is missing due to excess shadow.  I would suggest taking your screenies with the sun shining on that particular section you are wanting to highlight to the forum.

Give us a shot of a closeup on the wing and fuselage so we can see the riveting and panel line detail.  A closeup on the nose section.  Closeup on the tail section where the red section is.  Generally any shot that shows identifiers as this aircraft being Witchcraft for Brooke to look at. 

We know this is just a preliminary look at the skin.  These are just suggestions for shots once the fine tuning and critiquing begins.  You mentioned something about losing some detailing once you converted it to indexed color.  There are programs that we use that will absolutely minimize that in your conversion.  If you do not have a program like Bright (or others) and are just converting from your rastering program, then let us know.  I would be happy to help with anything like that (and I know others would as well.)

If something just doesnt look right.  Then it isnt right  :D  The Nowotny 262 was 200 hours of "somethings not right."  Now, I have to go through that whole process again with the updated 262 coming out  :(

Anyways, hope you arent looking at this as an attack.  Im sure any in this forum would be more than happy to offer suggestions or help with issues.  Just let us know.

ReDhAwK
C.O.
The Aggressors