Author Topic: Abuse of power?  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Falcon94

• Zinc Member
Abuse of power?
« on: August 13, 2008, 08:50:49 PM »
I was in the DA resolving an issue i had with another player in the SEA tonight before the snapshot. I ended it by squelching him/her so i wouldnt be harassed by this individual throughout the event. My squelch was met by a suspention of my chat/voice rights a few moments after it was over.

Are some of the SEA moderaters being taken control of by kids that feelings are hurt?  :huh

I fly in the SEA for the kistorical spec of SS's, scenarios FSO's etc. but its difficult when this is happening

If theres a better explaination please feel free to say it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:03:25 PM by Falcon94 »
Xtreme

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: Abuse of power?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 09:23:06 PM »
To begin with, try starting a thread without insulting a group before you know all the facts.  Try asking first, it hurts our feelings.

Players can .report you and that will result in a mute. Perhaps you were met with an abuse of the .report feature.

The system has warnings built in that will result in the system itself muting you for typing foul language.

It's possible you said something long before your clean screenshot that got you muted.

Regardless of any of the above, next time, send your screen shot, film or time of the problem to support@hitechcreations.com and they can check the logs, yes they will see the Whole story, and if there was a problem with a moderator then it will be dealt with.  But please, try and avoid insulting people without all the facts in place.

Other than that, if you are being in any way abusive or disruptive in the SEA, you will get muted, that's just the way it is.  If you get muted wrongly, I explained the process to resolve it, if you got muted for your actions, change your actions.

Hope this helps.

ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Falcon94

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 10:05:55 PM »
wasnt a "you are muted for ## mins" it was a suspention. warnings and reports result in "you are muted for ## mutes"
Xtreme

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 04:49:36 AM »
wasnt a "you are muted for ## mins" it was a suspention. warnings and reports result in "you are muted for ## mutes"

No, Mods give you the 'You are muted for ## minutes'

From the looks of it, he had his little friends reported you 10 times to get you muted. He should probably have to deal with HTC if you send it in.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:03:24 AM by angelsandair »
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline haasehole

• Copper Member
      • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/The13thMidwestPilotGroup/
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 08:58:45 AM »
  kinda kid like - squelch em then get the last word in  ?  :noid
~GELU~CRUOR~IUGUOLO~o2b1ace~
             13 Midwest Pilot Group
                  WD40 - F.S.O.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:07:26 AM »
You were obviously talking trash dude, or just got the other person so upset they did a silly thing.......  The Staff has nothing to do with that kind of thing.  And btw.... When you squelch somebody, you're the only person who knows you squelched them, until you shoot your mouth off! 

And that is just common sense.  You think CM's have nothing better to read then everybodies DOT commands?

With all that said...........

I have squadies that have been muted by a certain angry flyer.  And it is always a terrible thing.  I feel for you!
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 07:29:08 PM »
All I see from your screenshot is that your own side was unhappy with someone.  If it's you or someone else I have no idea.

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 09:41:26 AM »
i blame buster  :D
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 05:54:02 AM »
TwinTail, Ive flown with you for many hours in the past; i know how you tend to talk to people at times. in the screenie you posted it looks kinda like your bashing Goondude for whatever reason...no surprise to me personally, but i dont know the whole story. anyway, next time i would just stay out of other peoples problems unless they actually say something like "hey pips/twintail". just my thoughts. its what i do. :salute
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 06:02:50 AM »
Wow people this thread is over what 3 months old? Moving on.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA