Author Topic: Your game?  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Your game?
« on: August 15, 2008, 05:51:52 AM »
What is "your game"?

What do you like to fly and how? Why? Are you a strategist? A furballer? A lone Ranger? A person who just likes blowing things up?

No flames. And unless another is paying your freight they have no right to.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Your game?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 06:07:59 AM »
Finding adversity and beating it.

There was a similar thread to this a while back. For some reason I remember my first reply as what I typed, but with "anything else is a fluke" after it.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 06:16:42 AM »
I really like to take up a P-39Q and engaging something faster and that can turn tighter than me and fighting him all the way down to the deck. I was in a fight 2 or 3 days ago that was similiar (but I dont know if a P-47D11 can turn inside it with full flaps) but me and a Jug-11 started at 12k, and ended up fighting all the way to the deck. He got on my 6, but I didn't run, I got on his, he didn't run. Learned a good bit more ACM watching him fight like when to chop throttle, when to only partially cut it....  :aok

If I've had a cruddy day, I'll take up a P-51 or a Spit 9...
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 06:22:24 AM »
A person who just likes blowing things up?

There you go. The thrill of making a good shot and seeing the plane or GV go "boom!".

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 06:26:09 AM »
"You should go play quake"! :lol
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 06:31:33 AM »
I like shooting people down, whether its in a plane, gv or ack gun. Will go anywhere to help with defense, join the occasional mission (always join squad missions). Basically, i'm here to have fun - in whichever way I can find it.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 06:37:38 AM »
Well, AH depends more on learning and strategy than having the reflexes of a hyper-active 12 year old. You can become a better killer than 60-70% of the MA easily without any real talent, by bothering to learning the physics of flight,  BFM, and the performance envelopes of the aircraft in the game.

Also, I actually like airplanes and WWII history...whereas honestly, I couldn't even tell you what Quake is about, other than knowing it is an FPS.

"You should go play quake"! :lol

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 07:02:27 AM »
Im usually a lone ranger that goes deep into an enmy cv furball sneaking around the cv then making my way back to the base in my d9 sneaking up on cons as they head toward our base on the deck  :noid
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 07:13:20 AM »
What is "your game"?

What do you like to fly and how? Why? Are you a strategist? A furballer? A lone Ranger? A person who just likes blowing things up?

No flames. And unless another is paying your freight they have no right to.

What do I like to fly, and how? -I love the Yak, and the Zeke, although I'm marginal at best at fighting in them
                                          -I fly the Jug, mainly in base-taking missions, and bombing GV's.
                                          -B26's for bombing CV fleets.
                                          -B17's for thier traditional roll in high-alt bombing, and I love the fights this generates.
Am I a strategist? Yes.

A person who just likes blowing things up? When it serves a practical purpose to hinder the other side, yes.

That's my $15.

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 07:19:44 AM »
Well, AH depends more on learning and strategy than having the reflexes of a hyper-active 12 year old. You can become a better killer than 60-70% of the MA easily without any real talent, by bothering to learning the physics of flight,  BFM, and the performance envelopes of the aircraft in the game.

Also, I actually like airplanes and WWII history...whereas honestly, I couldn't even tell you what Quake is about, other than knowing it is an FPS.

Quake is open ended enough by the physics, level design and weapon mechanics that tactics are not all that useful.  Counter Strike depends a lot more on it, but too small a portion of all the players use them.. There's other games like OFP but I've never played them enough.. I dunno about Quake Wars either.

The quake quip was what someone said when I suggested that the proportion of players who vulch merely because they like to see lots of poop and players blow up and burn or auger dismantled etc, is not a negligible one.  The quip was probably implying that to like doing those things as in (e.g.) vulching, necessarily meant you were a quaker with no apreciation of warbirds, dogfighting, geometry and timing, tactics and strategy, and history, etc, or the sheer satisfaction of not merely out-doing the opposing players at any or all of those, but also watching them crash and burn like so much gore and spraying blood after a really sober but intense and close fight between two smart sword fighters.
Like an oasis surrounded harem after a long trek and battle campaign thru desert.  Like what's her name getting her eye plucked out of the blue, at the end of the sword fight in Kill Bill.  Like not merely beating someone at chess but getting them to throw a hissy fit and turning over the table with the board on it, or somehow beating them with an end-game move that spells FU on the board.. Lots more than just a mathematical reward.  It's obvious to any halfwit that the fight is over after a check-mate.. What's really fun is making the most of that checkmate.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 07:21:15 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 07:47:41 AM »
I guess Ive become a jack of all trades. One thing tho If Im working on a particular aspect of the game I will focus on it very narrowmindedly.

Doing any one thing all the time bores me. For me a good nights play includes Dive bombing, dogfighting, base taking, some GV'ing. I prefer organized team play with goals set. Im not in the upper echolons of dog fighters but when I do go up with dog fighting as my goal I do pretty good. Mostly my scores suck due to getting beat up dive bombing, or, bad positioning after dive bombing.

I could care less about rank and scores, thats another thing. The only perked airplanes I have an interest in is the Corsairs.

I'd like to become a better tanker. I think thats my next goal now that I have my dive bombing skills established. My best vehicle is probably the wirbel.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 08:29:59 AM »
Flying and hunting alone in the Yak  :devil

I've never been into anything else but fighters and furballs.  I wouldn't even know the keys needed to operate a GV or open a bomb bay door in a buff. Infact I can't even remember the last time I used a rocket, and even then it was probably against a buff.. :lol

<S>...-Gixer

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »
What do I like to fly, and how? -I love the P-40 and the attention or sometimes lack of attention it gets, and the 51D when I'm feeling the need for speed.
this generates.

Am I a strategist? Yes, sometimes

A person who just likes blowing things up? Duh, but I enjoy the competition and the WWII planes and tactics. Lately thought I just fly to hang out with good friends on all sides of the line.  To many great people in the game not to play.

That's my $15.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 08:48:02 AM »
200   :rolleyes:

And killing anybody who tries to hit my 17/24's by themselves!!!  You know who you are! 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 09:05:54 AM »
I actully enjoy the full spectrum of what Ah has to offer. There are several aircraft i refuse to fly though (spit, nik, lalas and seldom doras and p51s). I dont do suicide runs either.