Author Topic: Petition to set a small map arena or put fighter town on big maps  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
Re: Petition to set a small map arena or put fighter town on big maps
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 06:04:34 AM »
SIGNED  :aok
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 08:40:36 AM »
I love the small maps. :aok

There is a small map arena for furballers, the dueling arena, but it is seldom used.  I guess people vote with their feet, or wings in this case.

For barracudas, eating other barracudas is too difficult and dangerous.  It's easier to catch mullets, so they go where the mullets gather.
The dueling arena does not count.  There's no perk/eny system, and the f3/f4 external views are available during flight.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 09:09:27 AM »
I love the small maps. :aok
The dueling arena does not count.  There's no perk/eny system, and the f3/f4 external views are available during flight.
Beyond that, it has become dominated by 1-2 squads of perk-ride-drivers that fly rook and hunt lone cons in packs, destroying and semblance of 'dueling'. Most nights, there are more rooks than both the other countries combined, and they don't seem to see a problem with this---even in H2H, most arenas had a self-policing policy of side-evening
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 09:13:32 AM »
Why not just bring back H2H for paying customers then we could host our own?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 09:15:27 AM »
I think the bigger deal there is letting HT's creation and livelihood run on someone else's pc, can't blame them
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »

:aok

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

storch

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 09:25:18 AM »

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »
I am the customer. We are all the customers who pay our money and I/we have the right to voice our point of view.

Start your own petition if you don't like it!!!!!

I don't need to start any petitions. I understand how democracy works and know that this is not one, therefore, petitions wont work. I absolutely agree that you have a right, or free speech, to voice your point of view. Expecting the operators of a private business to change because of your view is where you go wrong.

Tweaking gameplay options and choices has nothing to do with fundamentally running the company. HTC is constantly tweaking stuff to make AH more enjoyable to its customers. Any company that refuses to modify its product over time to make it more appealing to its customers doesn't last long. AH has lasted 9+ years now, so they obviously understand that concept...If you've ever worked in the development field, you'll know it is actually a Godsend for your players/users to tell you what they want/need or what needs fixing. It saves a hell of a lot of guesswork and speeds up the development process. Obviously, it is the developer that cherry picks the best/most realistic ideas and implements them in accordance with their own long-term design concepts.

The whole system of map rotations and the maps themselves have been changing in their implementation for years. The last fundamental change to how maps were rotated was before there were split arenas. This change proposal just makes perfect sense to work with the split arena concept and to make the most of the more numerous maps we now have.

Exactly why there is a Wish-list forum on this BBS. As stated, the assumption that you can petition, or force, the creators and maintainers of a private enterprise to change the way things are done is asinine. There is a definite difference between end user feedback and a group of players trying to strong arm changes to the operational facets of the game; changes that currently are only supported by a very small percentage of the entire community of paying members.

It's not as much the method here I disagree with, its the mindset behind the method. Believe me, I've thought for years that some things need to change in the MA's. For some of those reasons, I don't visit the MA's as much. Time is generally my biggest opponent to playing the MA's. That said, I don't think it is my place to bang on HT's door and tell him how the curtains should hang. Players pay for the ability to manipulate the virtual world within AHII, not the ability to change the world to suit their personal style/goals.

IMHO, of course.

Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 10:46:38 AM »
Al Pacino<----Atica, Attica, Attica,  Small map, small map, small maps,  small maps, small maps,...... :rock

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 11:25:01 AM »
I don't need to start any petitions. I understand how democracy works and know that this is not one, therefore, petitions wont work. I absolutely agree that you have a right, or free speech, to voice your point of view. Expecting the operators of a private business to change because of your view is where you go wrong.

Exactly why there is a Wish-list forum on this BBS. As stated, the assumption that you can petition, or force, the creators and maintainers of a private enterprise to change the way things are done is asinine. There is a definite difference between end user feedback and a group of players trying to strong arm changes to the operational facets of the game; changes that currently are only supported by a very small percentage of the entire community of paying members.

It's not as much the method here I disagree with, its the mindset behind the method. Believe me, I've thought for years that some things need to change in the MA's. For some of those reasons, I don't visit the MA's as much. Time is generally my biggest opponent to playing the MA's. That said, I don't think it is my place to bang on HT's door and tell him how the curtains should hang. Players pay for the ability to manipulate the virtual world within AHII, not the ability to change the world to suit their personal style/goals.

IMHO, of course.

I think you're mistaking petitioning for voting. Since AH is not governed by a legislative body that abides by a constitution giving petitions legal leverage, petitions are merely nonbinding expressions of popular sentiment. Those expressions of popular sentiment are meant as informative insights and constructive tools for potential product improvement, not coercive instruments of manipulation. Any business entity that is in the business of providing a service for a fee is going to be quite interested in the popular sentiment of its customers toward any aspect of its product. The choice of whether or not to act upon those insights is always at the sole discretion of the provider of the service.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 12:04:13 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 12:31:46 PM »
Signed

~1pLUs44
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 12:40:27 PM »
It is not fair for land grabbers to impose thier will upon the furballers and neither is it fair for the furballers to impose their will upon the land grabbers. The only fair solution is to leave this up to the players. If the collective players in any arena desire to either furball or land grab let it be so, but do not force one faction to submit to the will of other. The only way is to let each player choose for him/her self whether they want to land grap or furball.

Let it be resolved that we the collective "furballers" of Aces High demand that fair play FOR ALL be re instated by:

1. Set one main arena to small maps

or

2. Put fighter town back on all large maps.

i absolutely agree, its even easier then what you are thinking, it seems like on every map there is a certain area where 3 bases form a small TT/FT, 
just make these 3 bases and the accompanying vehicle bases uncapturable.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 12:51:17 PM »
signed, HTC please listen to this one
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 12:52:10 PM »

IMHO, of course.

First off, why are you posting here. It is a petition for those who SUPPORT the idea.

I would like to hear why the idea I have proposed is bad. Perhaps you can post something constructive and tell us why either of the choices I presented would be bad. And do me a favor and make your own thread and dont hijack this one. Thanks

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 06:34:41 PM »

First off, why are you posting here. It is a petition for those who SUPPORT the idea.

I would like to hear why the idea I have proposed is bad. Perhaps you can post something constructive and tell us why either of the choices I presented would be bad. And do me a favor and make your own thread and dont hijack this one. Thanks

I'll tell you why its bad and will never happen. This suggestion promotes splitting the community. HTC is more about uniting the community, so you can bet this will never happen.