Author Topic: TanK KluB Is Done  (Read 4493 times)

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
TanK KluB Is Done
« on: August 17, 2008, 08:14:25 PM »
At least in the DA. 

Admittedly, I'm very pissed, angry and combative at the moment, but I doubt any calming down will change my mind.

We just had a some people (Tachyon, 79nerdie & later 876532) purposely try to disrupt the TanK Klub event, and when you bomb people who are defenseless against you, and not even playing the same game as you, you usually succeed. 

In spite of being asked, politely via IM and their own vox channel, several times in their flight to the vehicle area, not to interfere, they brought aircraft and ordinance over anyway, witht he intention of deliberatly disrupting whatever was going on.

Then again later, after we moved TanK KluB to the oppisite end of the map to another vehicle base for jeep race, one of their numbers (they were all on same vox channel together) came over and killed half the jeeps during the race after being ask repeatedly not to interfere.

I'm sorry to say, after working hard to manage and referee these games for everyone, trying to run them fairly, see that everyone gets a chance to play and make them interesting and fun, my frustration and anger at this childish, unmannerly and anti-social behavior finally spilled over and I used inappropriate language.  Something I've never done in over 3 years of flying AH.  HOWEVER, they richly deserved that and much worse.

However, the upshot is, since I have no ability in the DA to control people who get their sole enjoyment from disrupting and injuring others (please feel free to substitute a words I'd really like to use if I could.  I'll give you a hint. It starts with an "F"), and as I'm sure this will now happen more often, I won't continue with TanK KluB in the DA.

And I don't need any crap about 'don't let them chase you away', etc.  I don't play sitting duck for anyone, and I have lots better things to do with my time as well.

I still expect to be talking with the CM group about putting this in the SEA and if that goes through then great.  If not, then TanK KluB is over for me.

My apologies to all that enjoyed the games, but RL has me with very few raw nerves left and little patience for this kind of behavior.  TanK KluB was fun to do, but I don't need the aggravation.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: TanK KluB Is Done
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 08:19:12 PM »
Sorry to hear you were beset by such turds. Sadly, there are griefers in this game.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Capt.Joe

• Copper Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 08:20:21 PM »
 :cry
~*~Birds of Prey "MERLINS"~*~
________
[_|_,o[__]o,
[--|_|- OlllllO-

( )_) ( )_)-)_)
J

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 08:26:50 PM »
Don't sweat it Sloe, the SNS is being drafted now as we discussed.  I'll be dragging you into the ground war element of the event.

ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 08:28:02 PM »
How lame. Sorry to hear that sloe... Tank Klub was very well done, and all of it was because of you.

Sure wish you had a .eject command handy  ;)  Perhaps the CM team will look at this. You had numbers the AvA never has, and people enjoyed it...
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 08:31:49 PM »
Look at the names.  Obviously squeeker turdlets who will be back in school in 2 weeks.  Take a few to cool down and realize how many people were really enjoying this.  Actually, I planned on joining the next one, so, if you end it now, I shall be forced to kick your scrawny arse. ;)

Actually, an idea.  I bet you could get 2 or 3 players to volunteer to fly protective cap over the area.  It'd be my pleasure, and I have LOTS of squaddies who I'm sure would help out if I asked.  Just an offer.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 08:39:33 PM »
While I may think tanking is about as fun as watching grass grow, to disrupt an event like that is incredibly rude and obnoxious. I'm seeing this type of attitude become more and more prevalent each day on Aces High.

Why can't you get CM support for the event? It is obvious it has many people interested in it...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 08:42:22 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 09:04:37 PM »
Sloe, the tank club was a tremendous amount of fun.  <S> to you for the time you dedicated over the last several months volunteering to create/maintain the tank club. It was indeed a great deal of fun. Thanks very much. :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 09:23:54 PM »
I fully agree that those wankfish suck, but it isn't really worth it to get stressed out over something like this.  I'm not saying that I wouldn't, I'm just saying that it isn't.  :D

However, when/if I do eventually manage to fit in AH with school, I'd be more than happy to fly a CAP over Tank Club, however I reserve the right to temporarily land my plane in the middle of it all if I get too bored  :o.  I will re-up when the bombers show up though.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 09:25:14 PM »
As Ranger offered, I would be more than happy to provide some air cover and whack a few turds for you, just shoot me a pm if you set up another one.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 09:26:17 PM »
"Club"

thats the right spelling btw.
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 09:30:22 PM »
Sorry to hear that Sloehand.   I know how the youngsters drove me crazy a couple weeks ago in there and they were in the tank club itself.  Wish they would grow up and be a little responsible.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline bobtom

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 09:41:46 PM »
 :salute Sloehand most fun I've had tanking that I can remember.

bobtom

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 09:51:53 PM »
<S>Sloehand thank you for running these events. Tank klub was the #1 thing I looked foward to in this game. I understand why your ending it, 79nerdie, #'s and tachyon were all being tards. I also used a bit of questionable languaged and will probably log in tommorow with a mute. Thanks again for spending your personal time to set up and run these events.

<<S>>
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 09:53:30 PM »
I'm not suprised, all I ever see Tachyon do is vultch bases in the DA. :rolleyes:
I guess if it's airborn he can't hit. Don't give up Sloehand.
<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV