Author Topic: All ammo wasted on take-off  (Read 816 times)

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
Re: All ammo wasted on take-off
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 11:42:13 AM »
Yes...lit up red all the time....

Re-download tha game or get a new joystick?

BTW: Joystick is Saitek ST290 from Walmart--had no software or drivers included in the box when purchased.

ROX

I believe the drivers are installed when you plug in the stick. To re-install them you would need to go into control panel and go into device manager. Then pull up properties for your joystick, click the drivers tab then click uninstall. After it completes the uninstall then plug your stick back in, your drivers will be installed automatically.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 12:11:58 PM »
if its on all the time its broken. Only work around is to remap the guns to a different button on the joystick like RTR said. Time for a new stick !

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 12:24:19 PM »
if its on all the time its broken. Only work around is to remap the guns to a different button on the joystick like RTR said. Time for a new stick !

just wonder Fugitive why hitting the esc would stop the firing, as Rox stated. If it is indeed a stuck button.

Really I am just asking
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 06:08:10 PM »
maybe hitting the ESC key breaks the loop and shuts down the error. Resetting the stick/usb port most likely would restart the continual firering again. I'd think if after hitting the ESC key, if he unplugged and replugged the stick....as long as it USB if it would reset and be messed up again.

Then again, if its NOT a USB, I don't know why hitting ESC would reset the loop in a sound card. hmmmm interesting

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 06:18:51 PM »
maybe hitting the ESC key breaks the loop and shuts down the error. Resetting the stick/usb port most likely would restart the continual firering again. I'd think if after hitting the ESC key, if he unplugged and replugged the stick....as long as it USB if it would reset and be messed up again.

Then again, if its NOT a USB, I don't know why hitting ESC would reset the loop in a sound card. hmmmm interesting

ok thanks Fugitive, I just thought that the software would still see the stuck key as being held in, thus continue firing.

(shrugs shoulders) guess that is what I get for thinking of this in a mechanical sense.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 07:36:13 PM »
Delete your stick and all  of it's software. Then reinstall. Should be fixed. Also recalibrate.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 08:05:43 PM »
Yes...lit up red all the time....

Re-download tha game or get a new joystick?

BTW: Joystick is Saitek ST290 from Walmart--had no software or drivers included in the box when purchased.

ROX

Did you calibrate the joystick in the Windows Game Controllers applet?  When you calibrate and you click on 'Next' instead of pressing a button on your joystick (i.e. trigger), it will not save the calibration settings but rather bypasses it and results in a miscalibrated stick that can cause issues like you're experiencing.  If you have calibrated it in Windows and it doesn't use any 3rd party software and isn't programmable then you can be certain that the stick is defective.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 12:23:22 AM »
If you unplugged the stick, and it did NOT fire then the problem is more than likely in the trigger.  I have had this happen in the past with cheapo sticks as well. I also have used the ST-290 and it ain't so bad.  Wal-Mart has a swell return policy so if you still have the box just take it back and swap it out for a new one.  IIRC they were only 20 bucks when new anyways.

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 02:23:22 PM »
Geary is correct...I have had 2 ST-290's and they both had that same issue, bad trigger. Great thing is it's cheap and easy to fix, WalMart and $20.  :aok

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few