Author Topic: kills  (Read 476 times)

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
kills
« on: August 18, 2008, 09:55:34 PM »
what is your farthest confirmed kill on anything and what was you useing?  ( tell your oddest stories)

ill start:

i killed a 150lb hog at 227 yards with my savage .17 rifle with one round with a puny 9x50 scope

now, whats yours?

/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: kills
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 10:06:40 PM »
A mouse the size of my thumb, on the run, with a kiddy bow, indoors, at about 25 feet.  Less than 3 seconds earlier the bow was on a table in front of me with the arrow notched, just in case the little thing appeared.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 10:14:12 PM »
I killed a Spit16 about 1.5 out in a P51D.

oh...wait
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Druss

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 10:27:06 PM »

Prairie dog. 500 yards with a Remington 788 (yes, a 788!) in 22-250. My handloads. 2X9 Bushnell scope.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 10:33:16 PM »
185 pound white tail 720 yards with a .50 Hawken blade sights back when I could see. That was some good eating too!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 11:05:21 PM »
I have yet to kill anything =/
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 11:27:03 PM »
 la7 about to kill a goon from 3k out with a rocket salvo from a p47
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 11:48:47 PM »
Prairie dog. 500 yards with a Remington 788 (yes, a 788!) in 22-250. My handloads. 2X9 Bushnell scope.

I have one of those 788's but mine is in .222 caliber.  No super duper ranges for me.. just 2-300 yds with it.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 11:49:20 PM »
heh, well true story:

I was nine, my brother was ten (known around these parts as ASW), and we had these guns and such in the house. Now, I was a pretty good shot with the old enfield, the cooey and the pellet rifle. Many squirrels and birds fell to my deadeye aim and stealy nine year old nerves.

Seems my older bro thought a good test would be for me to try to shoot a cigarette out of his mouth. Much discussion ensued on the caliber of projectile I would attempt this world famous shot with. It was finally agreed that the .177 caliber pellet would suffice (as neither one of us were TOTAL idiots, and my older brother assured me that in the event I missed and put his eye out, he would make sure that it was reciprocated in spades).

So fearing for my life, I stole the cigarette and gave it to my brother, who held it in his lips (quite steadily as I recall) as I cocked, and loaded the biggest .177 cal pellet I, and I'm sure he had ever seen, into the instrument of my praise (or cause of my beating).

A couple of deep breaths to steady my nerves, a quick wipe of the shooting eye and I slowly beared down on the trigger, closed my eyes and let'er rip.

That cigarette split right in two. T'was a great shot, but brothers being brothers ASW gave me a pretty sound beating anyway.

I took it, it was way better than what Mom would have done!

True story!

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 07:46:30 AM »
Ft Sill, spring of 1990, was on the gun crew of an M110A2 8 inch self propelled howitzer. We were to fire one spotting round for a battery TOT (Time On Target) fire mission.

We received the target info, loaded 1 HE shell and let her rip. 20-30 seconds later we get a call from our forward observer to check fire because we made a direct hit on the truck that was supposed to be the battery TOT. :D   14.5 miles away and we landed a 200lb HE shell in the back of a duece an a half.

I sure do miss those big guns from time to time.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »
Well I was gonna say something like "further than you lot....with an L96" but I think Hornet has me beat by a looooong way.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 09:24:18 AM »
A quail from about 4 feet with a hiking "club". Me and a buddy of mine were hiking through terrain where we had seen packs of wild dogs, and racoons, so we carried machettes, and large tree branches to use as clubs, just in case.  The freaking thing flew straight up in front of me and i wacked it a good 20 feet.   :lol    Scared the crap out of me.

"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 09:27:47 AM »
I killed a Foam Elk with my Bow (Hoyt Vulcan 70#) from 160 yards 2 out of 3 times.  :D
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 09:30:44 AM »
Well I was gonna say something like "further than you lot....with an L96" but I think Hornet has me beat by a looooong way.

Yeah but I had a howitzer and eight other guys helping me shoot the thing :aok
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 09:33:31 AM »
i got a guy 400 yards out using my tippman x7 with red dot sight and a flatline barrel  :rock
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 09:35:15 AM by zoozoo »
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html