Author Topic: PERK PLANES & SQUADRON STRATEGY  (Read 111 times)

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
PERK PLANES & SQUADRON STRATEGY
« on: December 26, 2000, 09:46:00 AM »
Squadrons might now form around which perk planes the pilots prefer.  Squadron members would be expected to accumulate perk points for a once-a-month squadron "Perk Plane Mission".  Imagine if 8 or 10 B-29s showed up in close formation at 30k over your homeland.  They could take down your city, HQ, and, the factory(s) of their choice while being very hard to intercept, even more difficult to shoot down.  Of course, many would try, especially those pilots with enough perks to answer the alert: "Scramble 262s; B-29s inbound!"

And what will people do besides PANIC when a company of Tiger IIs shows up uninvited at an airfield in their neighborhood? (Squad members who couldn't afford a Tiger II would be manning the Ostwinds, of course.)

If I'm going to fly a perk plane, I'd rather do so in a group of similar perk planes so that I avoid becoming the focus of everyone's attention.

[If someone already suggested this in a previous posting, sorry. I looked, but there is soooo much to read on the BB I could easily have missed it.]

/S/ MRPLUTO, VMF-323 "Death Rattlers"

------------------