Author Topic: what plane give you trouble?  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: what plane give you trouble?
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2008, 07:09:05 PM »
THe plane that gives me the most touble, is the Hurri2C. A plane to hate at alt.

Why?  It's one of the most simplest planes to counter.  If you don't get stupid and enter into a lufberry turn fight, they are easy to out maneuver.  A spiral climb or other vertical maneuvers are pretty much sufficient enough to counter a Hurricane. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2008, 07:09:25 PM »
reason my K/D is so low is i almost nvr play anymore, to busy

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2008, 07:15:58 PM »
No kidding man gosh i have a hard time killin that guy:lol
It's actually insanely easy, once you chase him down.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2008, 10:48:35 PM »
I always keep an eye out for those pesky F4U's (especially the C-Hogs!). Those things are fast enough to keep up with most every plane, and if you drop flaps it turns like a zero. I've found myself in a situation where I know the F4U pilot has full flaps down, so I'll just go vertical knowing I have plenty of E to rope him and end up finding him climbing with me the whole way somehow.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2008, 11:28:50 PM »
Ok..
when you are flying.. what is that 1 plane you are scared of to go against.. like.. you know ur gona lose or have a really hard time fighting..
(dont say ur not scared of any plane or that u never have hard times fighting.. cuz thats bull)

I 80% of the time fly the F6F and for some reason when i see a P51D i think.. ooohhh boy,, here we go again  :frown: but to tell the truth i think i killed more P51d then died to them..

and i love going against spits and N1K2 but those 2 planes are the ones that kills me the most to tell the truth.. im starting to respect them more.. i know it has a LOT to do with the pilot. but man.. I have trouble with those 2.. in total. i killed like 10 spits and died like 20something.. :cry (yea i know.. im new and stuff.. ben playing a little over 3-4 weeks only)
and most of the times that i see a F4U or a 190 i do really good.. :aok

so what about u?

Spixteen.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2008, 12:11:02 AM »
Any plane I'm flying in. Whether P51 to P51 or F4 to F4.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2008, 12:49:10 AM »
I think you appreciate the fights against the spit and N1k because you are competeting on similar terms.  In general I feel it's the similarities between too aircraft that make for an interesting encounter rather than the differences.  With the F6F vs. the P-51 for most MA style engagements the 51 with E can remain more or less untouched if he chooses to.  Alternatively if the Hellcat can exploit a sizable advantage in initial E, or can sucker the 51 into a close in knife fight the hellcat should emerge the victor.  Pilot skill can influence this of course but I think it's generally true.  The give and take in an engagment between similar aircraft is what I find thrilling.  

Personally I usually have trouble against a well flown F4U, Ki-84, and Spit16.  I wouldn't describe it as being "afraid" to fight these types, there isn't enough at stake for that.  But they are some of the types I know I could be in for a signicant tangle if the stick knows his stuff.  In fact the more I think about it I think I associate these types with some people I've had some good fights with that I've come out on the bottom of.  AKDogg in his F4U, LippyCH in his Ki-84, and FX1 in his Spit16. I lose more than I win against these guys but it's entertaining one way or the other and usually good for a laugh.

for a 38, to me as well, these 3 planes can be the most difficult.  assuming the pilots are of equal or greater skill than myself....the f4u can slow down with with the 38 and most fights, to me anyway, it seems early on you either need to choose to try to exploit the vertical, or slow down quicker to get the f4u six....big problem though is roll rate, makes scissors quite tricky.  KI-84.. a good match-up, biggest advantage a 38 has is deploying flaps before the KI...seems to me though, if you gain advantage and miss your shots....you could be in a world of hurt.  spit 16 seems to hold almost all the cards..though low speed handling in the 38, at least to me, seems more stable...but without an advantage, these fights against skilled players are very difficult to win.

My favorite plane to fight is the 109k in a 38 against a good driver.  It always seems like an intense fight, fast paced fight...that can last a bit.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LaFever

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2008, 12:55:41 AM »
#1 109K4 --  Experienced sticks, tough escape options horizontal or vertical and these guys are generally good with the scissors
#2 Typhoon -- Straight line attacks usually detected but always while the "SA bubble" is compressed, tougher to set up good evasives in time due to that closure speed. Decent sticks. 
#3 190D9 -- Awesome roll and speed, easy to kill slow, but the good sticks won't let that happen 
#4 P51 --  Most of these guys seem pretty average but a headache in packs above you and a few guys have excellent shooting skills (yes that means you steve:)
#5 Yak -- Specialty pilots common in this one, the Yak doesn't seem to kill me with its guns, it ties you up or defends itself just long enough... :mad:
Honorable mention: F4U, P38:  Seems like you either know how to fly these or you don't, and most don't.

Easiest:
SpitXVI, N1K,Hurri, Zekes:  Fragile aircraft with lower ENY values seem attract inexperienced pilots.  These  make for easy one shot kills that even out an engagement much faster than going for that Yak or F6F. :devil

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2008, 02:49:38 AM »
Yaks and Corsairs
Cooleyof 367th

Offline jododger

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2008, 03:26:40 AM »
I agree with Bosco and
disagree with  AKC-ACK  HHmmmmm
      It takes 2 to 3 good vertical moves to get a hurri 2 in a position
      to get a kill,      at least for me.
Dodger
It's about the fight.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2008, 06:39:38 AM »
disagree with  AKC-ACK  HHmmmmm
      It takes 2 to 3 good vertical moves to get a hurri 2 in a position
      to get a kill,      at least for me.

You just agreed with my point. 

A spiral climb or other vertical maneuvers are pretty much sufficient enough to counter a Hurricane. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2008, 09:19:26 AM »
the thing of it is if you are facing a stick who knows his hurri he will not follow you in the vertical unless he has enough E, and if thats the case, youll find youself in the tower real quick,(unless its me then you might stand a chance cuz my targeting sux so bad,lol) trust me i know, the Hurri is my main ride has been for years, i get it all the time  "diddnt think that hurri could hold its E that good", or something like that, 

THERE ARE NO DWEEB PLANES JUST DWEEB PLAYERS

get the point?probably not though, if you havnt gotten it yet

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2008, 09:31:08 AM »
Why?  It's one of the most simplest planes to counter.  If you don't get stupid and enter into a lufberry turn fight, they are easy to out maneuver.  A spiral climb or other vertical maneuvers are pretty much sufficient enough to counter a Hurricane. 

ack-ack
with no E on the deck? when he has a 5K advantage?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2008, 09:41:49 AM »
I think it depends on what your flying. When Im in a Tempest or Tyhpoon I hate seeing LA7s because I know they can out preform and run me down if the have more E, but i usually try to kill them first. If I am in a Ki84 or something like that, I hate seeing A6ms and hurris but thats only in big furballs when I get to low and slow.The thing I always hate to see is the 15+k pony dweebs. From up there they can come down with an incredible amount of E and you cant do anything but aviod for an hour till they lose that advantage.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2008, 12:05:49 PM »

ack-ack

Try that with an good pilot and you will have a long way to fall asking yourself, How did he do that?

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."