Author Topic: Strategy, Fur-ball, and Knights at A5  (Read 872 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Strategy, Fur-ball, and Knights at A5
« on: June 18, 2001, 02:14:00 PM »
I apologize for some of the off-handed remarks directed toward A5 that I made during my time online yesterday.

<S> to the Bishops who made the best gaming decision I have seen since being in AH.  By leaving A5 alone the Knights affectivity cut their own throat.

<S> to Hizikite, Wrongto, Bullzi, Martello, DB603, and some others whose names are escaping me.  It seemed that wherever I was on the map I was flying along side these individuals.  Switching back and forth from defending the southern front to trying to take our bases back that the Rooks had sneaked out of us was like running in mud.

<S> once again to Comic who was being one major pain in the arse at A24.

I like defending the fur-ball mentality.  I understand that on several occasions that’s all I want to do too.  It is just frustrating to see 27, 41, and 40 fall in minutes while the green dar at 5 is damn near pegged.  I wasn’t asking or implying that no one should fur-ball.  It just would have been a lot more helpful if the fur-ball was moved to a different location, say 27 for instance.  Now I’m going to throw out a suggestion.

Install a “retreat” option.  This, like CV command, should be rank based.  The option can only be used in the situation such as A5.  A country has a single base, surrounded by at least two enemy bases on every side making the retreat option available.  When initiated the base would fall to the control of the closest enemy base.  Such as last night the Rooks where on one side and the Bishops the other.

The base was useless for the strategic player but wonderful for the fur-baller.  The same fur-ball situation could have been just as fun at 27.  There was an enemy CV near the shore line and A8 was just across the water.

Just a few thoughts,

Zippatuh

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: Zippatuh ]

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2001, 02:19:00 PM »
S!

Thank You for the compliments Zippatuh.It was fun flying with Ya and the others!Some really good defensive fights ensued around southern/northern front.<S>

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2001, 02:22:00 PM »
I had fun sweeping over A5 (as a Bish in a 190A5) and got a few kills going out on my own... it was a helluva lotta fun for me... I didn't care what the Bish did on the other fronts, as long as they didn't interfere with A5.. I didn't need to be shooting through 10 friendlies to kill a guy I'd already been chasing for 5 minutes.
-SW

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2001, 02:32:00 PM »
Sheesh. How long did this go on? I logged on around 2130 and the first thing I see is A5 surrounded by red fields and a green & red  dar bar all the way across the sector, lol.

I go to the tower and watch for a minute or 2 then see the bish sweeping thru the south. I go south and try to help at 39 and 38 but there are only about 4 other knights, (Camo, NUTTZ, deluxe and Milenko as best I remember), there and Milenko going balistic (can't say that I blame him). I logged off at 2200. There were around 28 knights on and 5 were in the south.  :(