Author Topic: An idea about the Skin selections  (Read 185 times)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
An idea about the Skin selections
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:57:37 AM »
Alright, I've been viewing alot of squadron skins for different planes. And i was just curious, is there a way possible or may i suggest that HTC redo the Skin selection. Stay with me here, alot of squadrons have different skins but are of the same squadron. Why not remodel the skin selection so you will be able to select a squadron skin, and from the drop list there's a list of the entire squadron skin selection.

Example:  56thFG has about 5-6 P47D11 skins. Why not have the ability to put them in a folder that is viewable in the clipboard hanger, and once you click the folder, it shows the complete list of all 5-6 of the skins there. It would minimize confusion when selecting skin, and it would allow skinners to start doing more squadron skins. I have another example below so you'll get the picture.

These p47s are all from the 396th Fighter Squadron, 368th Fighter Group. The different engine color represents the different flight's ( I.e red, yellow, and blue flights ) but as you can see they all have the same tail color which indicates the same squadron. The brevity code that i posted a few months back is perfect for this type of organization while in combat.

The Idea is to be able to have different types of a particular squadron skin based on the organization of the squadron because each squadron has more than one particular scheme ( due to personality of the pilot's themselves ) and a perfect example is below:

Both P47s are from the same squadron but are assigned to different flight squads due to there color on the engine.

Thoughts? Just a suggestion.   :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: An idea about the Skin selections
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »
Because there's still only 15 slots per aircraft for skins. Adding another drop box that will be unused 99% of the time (because there's only 1 skin of that squadron for that plane) won't change that.

The only way you would benefit from a sub-menu is if the limit were dramatically increased for possible # of skins (which HTC probably won't do for resource related reasons) and if skinners put out tons of identical skins with only one small minor detail (fuse code) being different, for example.

Mind you there have been plenty of cases of the nearly-identical skins already. I almost never see them in use