Author Topic: Scriamges and More Scriamges  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Scriamges and More Scriamges
« on: September 02, 2008, 10:28:20 AM »
My Squad "Precision (+) had been fighting eight against eight in the DA against other squads earlier in the year and having a great time. We have devised a set of rules that work well for these team challenges and don't make too much fuss about the outcome as it is usually fairly  obvious who the better squad is without allot of hoo-har.

Its been fun and strengthened us as a team. I would like to take this opportunity to ask any other squad that can field those kind of numbers or similar to come and risk getting a kicking. The rules can be forwarded (and negotiated even) and a date set for a contest that lasts about 40 minutes to an hour.

Please pm me or post here if you are interested.

(I don't know why people don't do more of this it really is the most fun I have had in this game)
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
Re: Scriamges and More Scriamges
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 10:46:59 AM »
I'm not in a posistion of command but I'm sure POTW would be down to scrimmage precision again. I personally missed the 1st one about 6 or 7 months ago but alot of our members talk of this event fondly. We usually run squad scrimmages on tuesday nights for a bit to take a break from titanic mayhem, doing silly shiz like taking up all TBMS and stuff.....Jolly employs the same kind of rules so it wouldnt take much to get us ready. Also you precision boys are welcome to join us any time on 189 in the MA and 289 in the DA :)

My2fast has an account on our squad BBS but if you'd like you may contact us directly at

www.pigsonthewing.org

billyD out :salute
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:55:04 AM »
I'm not in a posistion of command but I'm sure POTW would be down to scrimmage precision again. I personally missed the 1st one about 6 or 7 months ago but alot of our members talk of this event fondly. We usually run squad scrimmages on tuesday nights for a bit to take a break from titanic mayhem, doing silly shiz like taking up all TBMS and stuff.....Jolly employs the same kind of rules so it wouldnt take much to get us ready. Also you precision boys are welcome to join us any time on 189 in the MA and 289 in the DA :)

My2fast has an account on our squad BBS but if you'd like you may contact us directly at

www.pigsonthewing.org

billyD out :salute

Your on, you give us a date and a time and Ill put it to the men :lol Tuesday Night could be good the later the better whats the latest you can do EST? if you want me to liase with your CO direct let me know.

We have not had My2 for a while for non game reasons but he is coming back in the next couple of weeks.

DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 11:45:50 AM »
sounds alot like an event i've suggested twice now with it pretty much getting overlooked.

2 bases, 2 squads, at least 6 guys on each team, 20 minute time limit most kills wins.  If your doing it for fun I guess you could just not count the kills  ;).

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 12:03:16 PM »
Hello Yarbles,

We usually have a lot of Pigs on til late(EST) on Titanic Tuesdays.  Can you catch up with me around say 9:30-10:00-ish tonight to set it up?  I know the guys will jump at the chance to have some DA fun!  Maybe even tonight!?! I look forward to talking to you Sir.

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 12:03:54 PM »
sounds alot like an event i've suggested twice now with it pretty much getting overlooked.

2 bases, 2 squads, at least 6 guys on each team, 20 minute time limit most kills wins.  If your doing it for fun I guess you could just not count the kills  ;).

Are you going to rise to the challenge then? we could put up our best 6 if you prefer. We do a last man standing thing with different plane sets taking it in turn to choose and having  free choice rounds though no perked planes.  
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 12:08:22 PM »
Hello Yarbles,

We usually have a lot of Pigs on til late(EST) on Titanic Tuesdays.  Can you catch up with me around say 9:30-10:00-ish tonight to set it up?  I know the guys will jump at the chance to have some DA fun!  Maybe even tonight!?! I look forward to talking to you Sir.

Way

Do you mean 9.30 to 10.30 EST. I am an idiot for me its actually earlier the better say 6-7pm EST. Could you do that next tuesday or later if necessary. I dont think I can get them organised for tonight. What is your in game name??     
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »
well yarbles I've made a post and depending on whether I get a hearty roar of desire for your blood.  Hopefully we can arrange within the next month.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 12:22:41 PM »
well yarbles I've made a post and depending on whether I get a hearty roar of desire for your blood.  Hopefully we can arrange within the next month.

Thats the spirit  :aok

You tell me what you can get nos wise and we will match you on the day and if we have more we will rotate our guys so we all get a go unless of course we think we can beat you in which case it will be our best :lol

I will direct the squadron section answer over here.
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 12:49:50 PM »
Hello Yarbles,

Unlike some, I do post under my in game name Sir.  Look me or one of the following folks up:Sol74, 1BDSpade, Syko when you have the chance.  Next Tuesday probably would be better.

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »
Scriamges?  :confused:
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 01:32:31 PM »
Great idea.

JG11 will be filing into the DA tonight around 8 -8:30 PM EST.

We would love 8 to 12 guys to fly the LA-5 against us in the Bf109G-6, and Fw190A-5 for about an hour or so.  If interested and willing, we'll see ya up.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 02:35:48 AM »
Scrimages is great fun  :aok

The Few GFC

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 06:12:09 AM »
Great idea.

JG11 will be filing into the DA tonight around 8 -8:30 PM EST.

We would love 8 to 12 guys to fly the LA-5 against us in the Bf109G-6, and Fw190A-5 for about an hour or so.  If interested and willing, we'll see ya up.

We will have to make a date for this another time. I will pm you.
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 06:13:06 AM »
Hello Yarbles,

Unlike some, I do post under my in game name Sir.  Look me or one of the following folks up:Sol74, 1BDSpade, Syko when you have the chance.  Next Tuesday probably would be better.

I am getting feed back from our guys for next Tuesday now and will get back to you in a day or so.
DFC/GFC/OAP