Author Topic: I think I'm about done  (Read 1563 times)

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
Re: I think I'm about done
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 03:02:55 PM »
Have you considered to DA? :aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 03:03:33 PM »
Would be more fun if KS was disabled.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »
I don't think anyone could possibly be more incorrect.  there are at this very moment good fights occurring between like minded players but if you never place yourself in a situation to find one then remain without squeaking for help you come away with opinions like yours, and steve's.

Nice try, except  I did not type the following I was incorrectly attributed to the text below:

And the mystical 1vs1 duel that you're failing to find is largely caused by impatience and a desire not to see the main arena as the big complicated symphony that it is.

DENIED
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 03:09:12 PM »
Woops, I apologize if my post made it look like you said that. :o
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 03:33:06 PM »
I can understand your frustrations, I really do, I had a small break for a while, mostly due to the same reasons as yourself, so this time I decided to ignore the easy mode planes and stick to the 109's or jugs etc, Getting my butt handed to me on a regular basis and missing losts of shots, but I am steadily having more fun and the odd kill here and there I'm getting are now much more worthwhile.
Kinda got into the old porking game for a bit too, I enjoy the swing mode of dropping your ord then switching to Fighter mode, I usually take a G14 with the bomb and then drop it and go looking for a fight, Get killed A LOT but it's better than hiding in the horde and picking.
<S>
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008, 04:06:48 PM »
Toonces' flying is just fine; as we all know, the stats are a poor indicator - if they're any indicator at all - of pilot skill.  He picked up on ACM very quickly.  I don't think he's complaining about any perceived inability to get kills, he's complaining about the process itself.

- oldman

Yes we all know stats are a poor indicator for most. That is due to the fact that "most" play to tweak their score. Toonces doesn't sound like a guy who is worried about his score so we can there fore use his score as a fairly accurate gage. He has admitted his aim is bad, and he like fighting a fight until the end, even if that end is with him sitting in the tower. I didn't say anything bad about his flying that he hadn't already said.

By agreeing with him, it lead to my suggestion that he spend some time with the trainers. Everyone hits these walls where they just don't seem to get any better, and it is mostly because they fight all of their fights the same way, and against some folks, its not enough. Getting some training, and practicing in the TA will teach him a few new tricks, improve his aim, and maybe, just maybe, bring back that thrill he thinks is missing.

I've been flying in AW and here for 14 years, and doing this helps me over the rough spots.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2008, 04:17:01 PM »
Jump already!!!    Sheese!!!
325th Checkertails

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 04:20:58 PM »
I am going through same thing man..... its not how it used to be..... its just not as fun anymore

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2008, 06:47:56 PM »
Everyone hits these walls where they just don't seem to get any better, and it is mostly because they fight all of their fights the same way, and against some folks, its not enough. Getting some training, and practicing in the TA will teach him a few new tricks, improve his aim, and maybe, just maybe, bring back that thrill he thinks is missing.

Perhaps I made my point poorly.  I don't think he's complaining about getting kills or being killed.  I think he's complaining about not finding good fights.

- oldman

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2008, 10:45:50 PM »
I've noticed that the fights have been worse than average lately.

Just take a break and fly a little less.

Fights tend to get mundane more slowly if you're not spending hours at it every night.

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2008, 11:08:00 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.

I'm at stage 5.  Definately stage 5.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2008, 11:39:34 PM »
I am going through same thing man..... its not how it used to be..... its just not as fun anymore

-BigBOBCH

idk, if I look back over the past 2 years, seems the same for me. Only thing that's changed is that I can now actually get a kill atleast every single sortie I actually fight in.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 03:36:11 AM »
This sounds like typical A/H growing pains......no need to see a doctor or shrink, it's a normal progression to.........geeeez I dunno what? What are we doing here anyways? :lol
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 08:20:56 AM »
I agree with Toonces, 100%.

Now, we have hordes leveling/caping/vulching bases while a sector away the other side does the same thing to another undefended base.

Gavagai, I hate to say it but you are dead wrong.

Heh, isn't that how it was 5 years ago?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2008, 09:54:53 AM »
The only reason that I play this game other than the GV's is the friends that I have made. Our squad has 20 of the best guys in it :salute  There are other bishop squads that I fly with regularly that I have much respect for also :aok  Also met many people from the rooks and knights too and found most of them to be awesome people  :salute

If you haven't made friends like this then I guess it would be easy to leave but I would find it very difficult.
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop