Author Topic: Squelch List  (Read 1198 times)

Offline WarTooth

• Copper Member
Squelch List
« on: September 04, 2008, 07:39:54 AM »
Hey All,

There are a few users that I'd prefer to squelch every time I log on.  Is it possible to create a "squelch list" so I do not have to type in their userid's each time?

Thanks,

WT

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Squelch List
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 07:41:26 AM »
That is the wish of many!

At this moment in time it is not possible unfortunately  :cry
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 07:49:21 AM »
That is the wish of many!

At this moment in time it is not possible unfortunately  :cry

it's very doable... HT doesn't want to. end of story.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline WarTooth

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 08:11:23 AM »
Guys,

Thanks for the reply.  This would most definitely improve the game experience! :-)

I hope they add it one day soon then.

WT

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 05:00:15 PM »
 :noid if there was a squelch list than i would be a v.i.p.  :noid :noid :noid :noid :uhoh :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:43:17 PM »
Here is the related HiTech quote.  How bizzare am I?  The keyword I used to look this quote up was "sand" :)

Wotan: This game realy consist of 2 things.

1. Is the code/art/gameplay side of AH.

2. The other is the people/community.

There can be problems and bugs in both, and just like we strive to make the code and art the best, we also strive to make the community the best.

It's fine and dandy to say, just squelch some one.

Btw I agree, just calling some one a whiner is also not a solution.

But if you look at that from a community stand point, it realy is just sticking your head in the sand to the problem. i.e. let someone else deal with it. This attitude fosters and breeds it's self, and sudenly doing anything you wan't is "accepatble" on line and on this bbs.

This is why we have never implemented a perminate squelch list, if some one is so problematic that lots of people want to put them on a perminate squelch list, well quite frankly that person should not be here.
  At the moment Im asking YOU if you have any ideas how to lower the problem, and also if you think it IS a problem.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 04:21:43 PM »
Is there a way to turn off the Range vox so I can't hear that? Often the Range channel is just filled with the types you want to squelch and if my squad is talking and I am in range of a bunch of loud mouths I can't hear the squad channel.

Rather than squelch certain people it would be far better at times to just turn off range vox.

Agent360

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 05:03:29 PM »
Here is the related HiTech quote.  How bizzare am I?  The keyword I used to look this quote up was "sand" :)

That's one call of HiTech's that needs some rethinking, IMO.

There are notorious loudmouths who push the line for months and months and months, get called out and complained about on the BBS for months and months and months, yet still play the game for months and months and months.  I don't know why.  I'd guess because people generally obey the "playground rules" and don't go crying to HTC.  Noble, perhaps, but not much help to the concerned parent.

Then there are several dozen other players that don't violate the TOS yet are completely annoying day in day out that people have to squelch on a daily basis.

Having a perma-squelch feature would only be "Sticking your head in the sand" if HTC all of a sudden decided that the existence of a perma-squelch made further disciplinary action from HTC unnecessary.  As long as they don't take that stance, there's no head in the sand.

The bottom line is HTC is a small company doing the best job they can, and a darn good one at that.  But in terms of policing and nannying the arenas, they aren't cutting it to some people's standards.  If they were, there wouldn't be such a continuous demand for a perma-squelch feature. 

Now, I'm not expecting or asking them to "cut it" to anyone's standards but their own, either...  However, considering the fact that a regular one-session squelch is already made available to players, so that they can have a better game play experience according to their standards, HTC's refusal to add a perma-squelch feature just does not make any sense to me.  It's basically just making having an enjoyable, safe for kids, time in the game, a complete and total PITA for certain players.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline 20mmrain

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 06:13:48 PM »
         I wish to no end that this was possible but like everyone said no it's not. So for right now you'll just have to be irritated like the rest of us LOL:)
Spitfire's Are only Called Noob Planes By the People Who Can't Beat Them!!!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »
I only had 4 tools on Ignore when we had that option.   Now, since 3 of them were PNG'd, I just laugh at lasersailor.   

I agree with Skuzzy. 

Just like "in-game", when you "squelch someone", the problem persists in the Community.   Instead of getting upset over typed syntax, wait for them to "circumbent the language filter", "cuss on green", "cuss on range" or something DEEMING a report, screenshot and/or film.   Once you have have this in your possession, then squelch or continue to laugh at their stupidity.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 11:59:39 PM »
Problems like this are why joystick macros exist.  Take a bit of time and program it to a joystick button.  Hopefully you're not so irritable that the list constantly grows.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »
I'm for it, others against it.  If we can detune 200 and it stays detuned until you turn it back on; I don't see the difference in "detuning" a player until you decide to turn their vox connection to you back on.

Most of my list of people who would make a perma-squelch list don't really break any rules.  They are just really annoying.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 03:37:32 PM »
I only had 4 tools on Ignore when we had that option.   Now, since 3 of them were PNG'd, I just laugh at lasersailor.   

I agree with Skuzzy. 

Just like "in-game", when you "squelch someone", the problem persists in the Community.   Instead of getting upset over typed syntax, wait for them to "circumbent the language filter", "cuss on green", "cuss on range" or something DEEMING a report, screenshot and/or film.   Once you have have this in your possession, then squelch or continue to laugh at their stupidity.

It's not even that, the fact that you login and see ffr or some other guy calling out may-day on range and country, it hurts your ears. You know ffr won't stop, and his voice won't drop for a few years, so why should you have to squelch him every day?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 03:55:47 PM »

At least it was spelled correctly.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 04:17:51 PM »
If your joystick has extra buttons, try getting the buttons to .squelch player1 .squelch player2 ect. ect.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok