Author Topic: So you want a 1vs1 in the main arena?  (Read 1552 times)

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
Re: So you want a 1vs1 in the main arena?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 05:31:39 PM »

People always run from a K4  :rolleyes:

I actually think its the crazed banana flying it that they run from.:aok
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 05:33:14 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 05:34:38 PM »

More often than not I'll ask if a 1 vs 1 guy needs help. If he says yes, I'm in ! If I'm winging with a squadmate, there is NEVER a 1vs 1, we are are 2 on however many there is.

i always do this. he say yes, i jump in. he doesn't answer, it depends....if it's someone i know, or like, or have flown with, then i'll go to help. someone i don't like.......he's on his own.

i should note, that sometimes i don't even really fire when i jump in. it seems that if i just distract the con a bit, my countryman gets his kill.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 06:20:39 PM »
What if the hurri asked the tiffie if he could help?  I'm not disagreeing with you though, I hate the third conn in on a 1v1 but it's the nature of the MA. Ironically I had this happen to me last night as well.  I left an enemy airbase with a nik in tow.  Left him behind and out of icon range but an la7 dove on me.  I reversed the la7 and he immediately ran back to the nik. I could have fought them both but I hate giving kills to third party dweeb riders. The la7 had already tried to HO me twice so I wasn't in much of a sporting mood with them anyway. I left again and the la7 tried to run me down, again with the nik in tow.  The la7 got within  1k before I made it to ack. I'm just not going to give some third party niktard a chance at a pick if I can help it.  :)
You know TIP, thats all I need to say :P
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 06:42:58 PM »
People always run from a K4  :rolleyes:

Not me  :aok  I just seem to enjoy the taste of taters  :rock  " sour cream and chives please "

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 07:30:16 PM »
If I go TnB i usually take a K4 up. If my base is getting hammer by vulcher, I'd take a spit-16, LA7 or IL2 up. Spit-16 is like easy mode. You can do 1 vs 3 pretty okay w/ a spit16 if the enemies are average pilots. I get 8-10 kills in spit16 per flight pretty easy since it just so uber and way faster then if I was flying D-9. It just offer so much more options then D-9. Start it out BnZ it if you got a lot of E and the fight is low, then just take it down and tnb it. It's like a F4U-4 that can turn better, climb better, chase runners. Basically it's OMFG ubah.

I hate flying it though, It's such a fun plane to fly but it has its stigma. Though to be a good spit-16 pilot you just gotta be good like the rest of em. Since you usually get gang bang, and only have 240 cannon rounds.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 09:16:04 PM »
If I go TnB i usually take a K4 up. If my base is getting hammer by vulcher, I'd take a spit-16, LA7 or IL2 up. Spit-16 is like easy mode. You can do 1 vs 3 pretty okay w/ a spit16 if the enemies are average pilots. I get 8-10 kills in spit16 per flight pretty easy since it just so uber and way faster then if I was flying D-9. It just offer so much more options then D-9. Start it out BnZ it if you got a lot of E and the fight is low, then just take it down and tnb it. It's like a F4U-4 that can turn better, climb better, chase runners. Basically it's OMFG ubah.

I hate flying it though, It's such a fun plane to fly but it has its stigma. Though to be a good spit-16 pilot you just gotta be good like the rest of em. Since you usually get gang bang, and only have 240 cannon rounds.

-------------------------------------->  :huh <------------------------------------------

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 09:24:12 PM »
lol no one wants to 1 v. 1 w/ my spit16 when i fly it  :( Always get gang bang!!!

funny...i always thought it was the Spit16s that did the gang-banging  :rolleyes:
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 09:29:28 PM »
It's really the second point that's worthy of a tiny discussion.  Very few people will hang around for a 1vs1 when you're in one of the best dueling aircraft in the game, e.g. the Spit16. 

If you see a Ki-61, I'll not only stick around and go 1 on 1.   You'll end up calling in a 2nd one in for assistance.   You see, I've seen this too many times.   Get someone who feels cocky and expects "to pwn a POS Ki-61".   Before they know it, they're in the tower.  

Spixteen is chickenfeed.   My soon to be 7 year old son got a couple kills when he was 5, in the Spixteen.   I coached the heck out of him, but he'll be spared from the Private Vox tuners for a few more years yet.   Then, look out.   But, if HE can get kills, anyone can.  

Now a Spit 1?   That is the best dueling plane we have.   Why?   Noone's "running" and you have a knock down, drag out fight.   Most don't the have the will to set aside the "Playstation mentality" to give it an honest shot.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 09:30:14 PM »

Or when you've got a Ki-61 on your six for 2 seconds.   ;)
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »
lol no one wants to 1 v. 1 w/ my spit16 when i fly it  :( Always get gang bang!!!

No, they just dont like you. Or spit 16s :)

No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 09:58:17 PM »
Though to be a good spit-16 pilot you just gotta be good like the rest of em. Since you usually get gang bang, and only have 240 cannon rounds.

What rubbish doesnt matter what you fly you still get ganged and surviving such a scenario in a spit16 takes less skill then any  other ride possible exception being C-Hogs.

Only 240 hispano rounds, oh the agony  :lol

Spit pilots have nothing to complain about fly one of the easiest rides dont expect many salutes and good 1v1s

<S>...-Gixer
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:00:16 PM by Gixer »

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 10:02:26 PM »
Spit 16 stinks. Spit 9 and Spit 5 own it. Yenny, you'll survive gangs longer in a Spit 9, 8, or 5.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 11:28:49 PM »
No way =) k4 all the way !
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 11:34:46 PM »
No way =) k4 all the way !

Only because if you wanna escape, all you gotta do is level out and put on WEP.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 03:28:24 AM »
level out? you mean pitch nose up and climb out ^_^
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96