Author Topic: So you want a 1vs1 in the main arena?  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: So you want a 1vs1 in the main arena?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 08:28:07 AM »
What rubbish doesnt matter what you fly you still get ganged and surviving such a scenario in a spit16 takes less skill then any  other ride possible exception being C-Hogs.

I admit to ganging Spit16's or other 5 ENY aircraft when I would let the fight go if the bandit were in something else, but especially Spit16's. :t
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 09:00:45 AM »
I admit to ganging Spit16's or other 5 ENY aircraft when I would let the fight go if the bandit were in something else, but especially Spit16's. :t

All tactics are fair game against 5 ENY and perk aircraft other than Jug-N, imo.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 09:02:04 AM »
and only have 240 cannon rounds.
thats 24 kills for you right?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 11:35:11 AM »
thats 24 kills for you right?
Heh I wish, max I've done was 13 in a spit16 w/o rearm. I must saying them Hispanos are harder to aim then the MG151 cannons that the LW birds has. (MG151 is the one rite?). With the higher velocity I have problem leading the shot, since I'm used to the lower velocity of the MG151. I'm so used to the D-9's gun that I just know where to put the lead at 200 yards. I can't do it for them hispanos :(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:46:18 AM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »
level out? you mean pitch nose up and climb out ^_^

Correct!

Used that tonight. Was getting teamed and lost my hub cannon to a collision (of all the things to lose  :lol). I put it into a WEP climb and got away.

I came back and had another crack with the 13mm when I got enough separation to fight the 2 at the same time.

I got home safely.  :)
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 11:44:14 AM »
All tactics are fair game against 5 ENY and perk aircraft other than Jug-N, imo.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the N-Jug because it shouldn't be a 5 ENY fighter (same goes for 152); I don't give them the "special treatment." ;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:51:46 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 01:08:45 PM »
It happens every month.  Someone announces that they're ready to quit the game because it's just not like it used to be, and no one will fight 1vs1 in the main arena. 

In my experience, I find 1vs1 fights

1. When the darbar is very small for both friend and enemy.
2. I'm in an aircraft with high wingloading.

It's really the second point that's worthy of a tiny discussion.  Very few people will hang around for a 1vs1 when you're in one of the best dueling aircraft in the game, e.g. the Spit16.  On the other hand, almost everyone is willing to duke it out to the death with you if you're in a P-47 or 190A-8.  If you want 1vs1 fights, fly aircraft with performance envelopes similar to these two; you'll rarely see your opponent run away from the fight.  Even an F6F is far more likely to have its opponents hang around than a N1K.  Therefore, don't fly the first tier aircraft (ENY<10) if you're looking for a 1vs1 fight.

Neurologically, this game triggered dopamine for your brain when you first started to play it.  As the years go by, you become desensitized to that pleasure because you've overdone it.  Having fun is up to you; blaming others for your lack of enjoyment is probably a sign that it's time to take a long break. :salute

Good Post!!!
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2008, 01:36:45 PM »
If you see a Ki-61, I'll not only stick around and go 1 on 1.   You'll end up calling in a 2nd one in for assistance.   You see, I've seen this too many times.   Get someone who feels cocky and expects "to pwn a POS Ki-61".   Before they know it, they're in the tower.   

I don't know how you do it but that plane seems slow to accelerate in late war arenas.  It's like P-40.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:33:26 PM by mg1942 »

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008, 02:21:26 PM »
What?!  I think the Ki accelerates so fast, especially compared to my 51B.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 02:39:20 PM »
What?!  I think the Ki accelerates so fast, especially compared to my 51B.

Ki-84 does, but not Ki-61.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »
Hmm... I've found the 61 to accelerate quite decently personally...
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2008, 03:56:08 PM »
It's really the second point that's worthy of a tiny discussion.  Very few people will hang around for a 1vs1 when you're in one of the best dueling aircraft in the game, e.g. the Spit16.  On the other hand, almost everyone is willing to duke it out to the death with you if you're in a P-47 or 190A-8.  If you want 1vs1 fights, fly aircraft with performance envelopes similar to these two; you'll rarely see your opponent run away from the fight.  Even an F6F is far more likely to have its opponents hang around than a N1K.  Therefore, don't fly the first tier aircraft (ENY<10) if you're looking for a 1vs1 fight.

If I'm in my Ki84 I will gladly engage your spixtween in a 1v1.  Now if all the spixtweens I see are riding around in packs holding hands.  Well, I'll look for buddies to keep from simply being overwhelmed by a gang because thats never much fun.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »
[snip]  Therefore, don't fly the first tier aircraft (ENY<10) if you're looking for a 1vs1 fight.

Neurologically, this game triggered dopamine for your brain when you first started to play it.  As the years go by, you become desensitized to that pleasure because you've overdone it.  Having fun is up to you; blaming others for your lack of enjoyment is probably a sign that it's time to take a long break. :salute

amen!

1 on 1s are easy to find, they just don't stay 1 on 1s   :D  Bosco was saying how he broke off from his 1vs1 because a Hurri shows up. Don't be a wimp, fight them both!! Ones going to BnZ you the other is going to TnB you. Finish off the hurri then go back on the typh....if he don't run from ya.

More often than not I'll ask if a 1 vs 1 guy needs help. If he says yes, I'm in ! If I'm winging with a squadmate, there is NEVER a 1vs 1, we are are 2 on however many there is.

and Amen!

edit:
Its amazing hypocracy. You have a fellow in a P51D or Tempest who says "Hey, that hurricane and my team mate are fighting, I will wait". What is really meant is "Hey when that hurricane has killed my teammate I will kill him." Why does anyone think that waiting for your teammate to die then starting with an E advantage over the enemy makes you more honourable? I would think that diving in to help your teammate would be the honourable thing to do, disregarding your own saftey, maybe even going one stage further and being bait for your teammate to get the kill.
 It is not the DA and you can never assume that an MA opponent is going to go easy on you or play with anything other than killer instinct and lack of mercy. Good duels will happen in the MA but if they are interupted then Fate herself is throwing your dice, not you. You cannot change your fate you can only roll with it and try to make it work out. It is this universal combat truth that makes a rare show of mercy or respect worth one hundred easy kills even in our silly cartoon war.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:25:23 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »

Ki-84's are childsplay.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2008, 05:52:14 PM »
I find that if you are looking for a 1 v1, then you might get dissapointed becuase while you are about to pwn the other craft, you'll get picked off in the fight. 

That happens to me but as dissappointed as I am, the "picker" is doing what he is suppose to do.

So I guess, the best 1 v 1 is in the DA.  But i feel for those who are frustrated by that. :salute

That is my open invitation to anyone...... :aok
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles