Author Topic: "For Rank" option per plane or vehicle, per sortie  (Read 746 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: "For Rank" option per plane or vehicle, per sortie
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 10:59:46 PM »
As far as change of behavior Murdr, that actually is a major aspect of why I posted this idea. A few weeks ago I met a P-51D at equal alt in my F4U-1, just us two, and the guy ran all the way back to base AA, and I went on ahead after him 'cause I don't really care and was downed by AA, and he got the proxy. He was around 500 in rank. Very recently I met a Spit 8 at equal alt about 11,000, all alone, hoping for some fun, and the guy HOed, me, which again I don't care about, but man, why not hotdog around a little with your opponent instead of just ending the show. This guy too was around 500. And yeah, whoooppeee.

That sounds like many encounters I've had back into AW.  There are a number of people who's personal immersion factor is "flying realisticly" (to live).  There are also a number of people that base their image in the game on their score.  That has been the case as long as I've been flying these games. 

I always look at "how can I abuse this?" when mulling over game mechanics ideas.  Allowing someone to opt out of being scored is writhe with the opportunity to use it to grief other players without any peanalty to themselves.  On the flip side, it would make it a lot easier for 2 "friends" to get together and pad each others scores by taking turns being shot down while they are not being scored.  I understand where you're trying to get to but this route is like having the whole of both football teams on the field while only 22 of them can actually score or be penalized.