Author Topic: Stop victimizing the Muppets!  (Read 2421 times)

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Re: Stop victimizing the Muppets!
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 07:31:05 AM »
Thanks my job rocks
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 07:37:49 AM »
E (FREEZ) will get this...

hmm, hmm...

who?
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 08:24:27 AM »
<-- Feeling very victimized.

Group drink?

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 08:42:15 AM »
Squadrons like the Muppets, 80th and BKs, etc. are very necessary for AH. They embody the idealism of fighterdom excellence established by Boelke in WWI to "Top Gun" in the 80s and everything in between. They create and perpetuate icons of popular community culture within our game that exemplifies the joys and chivalry associated with fighterdom. It reads a lot like the "Iliad" by Homer, where there are the normal "troops" then there's the Kings and Heroes that are on a completely different level that others aspire to in combat.

In AH these icons serve a very crucial purpose of instilling in the community a sense of the purity and sanctity of fighterdom for its own sake. Without examples and highly "publicized" figures that represent this ideal there would be nothing to "point the way". Inevitably, without these icons, AH would devolve into a bland game of "monopoly" where the perceived "goal" of geographic domination serves as the means to its own end. Fighter purists mollify that tendency of incoming and developing players to help create an environment where fightering excellence is held in higher esteem and becomes a goal unto itself not bound by the contextual constraints of map geography and country base counts.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:44:48 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 08:44:34 AM »
Skyrock on 200. YOU TWIT! :lol :furious
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:46:32 AM by scot12b »

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2008, 09:46:03 AM »
Squadrons like the Muppets, 80th and BKs, etc. are very necessary for AH. They embody the idealism of fighterdom excellence established by Boelke in WWI to "Top Gun" in the 80s and everything in between. They create and perpetuate icons of popular community culture within our game that exemplifies the joys and chivalry associated with fighterdom. It reads a lot like the "Iliad" by Homer, where there are the normal "troops" then there's the Kings and Heroes that are on a completely different level that others aspire to in combat.

In AH these icons serve a very crucial purpose of instilling in the community a sense of the purity and sanctity of fighterdom for its own sake. Without examples and highly "publicized" figures that represent this ideal there would be nothing to "point the way". Inevitably, without these icons, AH would devolve into a bland game of "monopoly" where the perceived "goal" of geographic domination serves as the means to its own end. Fighter purists mollify that tendency of incoming and developing players to help create an environment where fightering excellence is held in higher esteem and becomes a goal unto itself not bound by the contextual constraints of map geography and country base counts.

:confused:

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2008, 09:56:21 AM »

I take it your going to mention all the Medals awarded for all the bravery over the years.....

What a joke........ :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2008, 09:59:08 AM »

Fumes from the B-52s maybe?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2008, 10:07:25 AM »
I take it your going to mention all the Medals awarded for all the bravery over the years.....
I have 2 thank you.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2008, 10:07:57 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Thats frigin great.  Do you know how many PMs I got from KermitDaFrog?  Could you please tell him we were kidding?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2008, 10:10:50 AM »
I have 2 thank you.

Forgot the "What a joke part....... :lol :lol

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »

What a joke........ :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Well.... I'm in the Muppets and... I rot. I'm a medicore virtual stick at this moment. I'm in the squad as I was invited and I knew of the guys from way back when I was prob more of a challenge to kill.

Zazen is quite correct in his statements... summed up that personalities make this game interesting. If you play awhile many of the handles of "great" virtual sticks will stay w/you. Its simply human nature.

I realise this is a very complex concept. You have to involve the entire gray matter abstract thinking ability most of us possess ... not just your opposable thumbs for peeling the banana.

Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
:rofl

I like the "Spymaster" by the way...   :lol

LOL WADE!

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »
Seriously here... who would want a hand between their cheeks anyways?

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
Guns I thought you meant in real life. No joke tough guy. Think before you say something stupid Quote form SGG Eppley :salute
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:34:44 AM by scot12b »