Author Topic: Palin Interview  (Read 2557 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Palin Interview
« on: September 11, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »
Overall I think she did just fine.  I don't think she knew what the Bush Doctrine was (neither did I), but what she said wasn't off target.

Linking her church message "mission from God" thing to Lincoln's words was right on; it doesn't get any better than that.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: Palin Interview
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »
Link?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 07:25:17 PM »
It was on ABC national news tonight (6:30 Eastern).  I think they said there would be more tonight and definitely more tomorrow.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/523228.html

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 11:22:48 PM »
I thought she did very well considering the grilling. If it was an Olympics gymnastic score her execution would have been average but the base difficulty of the routine would have been near the top of the competition. Most politicians are not asked to clarify their softball answers, or at most one follow up before they move on and he stuck her feet to the fire. Frankly, it would be great if all reporters did that to all candidates, all the time, and not just the ones they want to marginalize. I would like to see 3-4 repeat questions asked of Obama about why he is qualified for the job, but instead you typically see one here or there (if that) then his stock answer then on to the next question. Frankly, most Washington insiders receive the same "courtesy" because of the whorish desire for media access to the top sources. PO the sources and you lose that headline interview.

I missed O'Rilley, which I try to do. I suppose he might have tossed Obama a few hard ones.

I certainly feel she is no less qualified than Obama... Which I can live with as a VP. And, from a policy standpoint Obama's Service debate? presentation? today reinforced his fondness for big govt. and I guess the idea that the main role of a president is not to lead but to be an inspiring cheerleader.

Charon
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:31:39 PM by Charon »

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 11:31:18 PM »
I don't think she knew what the Bush Doctrine was (neither did I)

I had forgotten the association. I actually think of it more as the Irving Kristol ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_Kristol ) or even Wolfowitz doctrine. If you can even elevate it to the canon of great doctrine like Mahan's. I didn't know Bush gave Kristol the Presidential Medal of Freedom (from the link). It figures  :frown:

Charon
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:33:50 PM by Charon »

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 11:51:23 PM »
his repeated questions,over and over,(because he wasn't getting what he wanted) would never fly with the likes of Clinton or Oboma or even McCain!
 she pretty much stuck to her guns. the only thing that i saw that was even note worthy ( besides Charlie's over and over with the same question) was her stance on global warming, he just assumed she didn't believe it could be man made, i bet someone was looking for any shred of evidence that she said anything about it, and someone got there rear, chewed!
 she needs more time, and she will have it, she isn't running for the top slot!
 so she gets a satisfactory for execution, and yes a 10 for difficulty!

did anyone think he was very condescending? i watched his eyes, when he would ask the questions, he would blink some like crazy, then close them thru the last second or two of each one!
 i don't know what that means, exactly, but i bet it has to do with how he feels about the person he is talking too. kinda think he was unhappy with having to be there at all.
 I'm sure there is some expert out there who could tell us all about Charlie's mental state,during the interview
 and i know there will be one that tells us what hers was!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:53:28 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 03:40:20 AM »
I haven't seen the interview, but it sounds like Charlie did his job.  Push thru the BS and get some answers. All good journalists should.
Tim Russert was the master of this type interview.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 04:37:03 AM »
I haven't seen the interview, but it sounds like Charlie did his job.  Push thru the BS and get some answers. All good journalists should.
Tim Russert was the master of this type interview.

In regards to Palin and all the rumors and misquotes surrounding her, virtually all of that information can already be found online.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 06:29:22 AM »
only a matter of time before the "cocky wacko" in her spills out.

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 06:37:21 AM »

Holy flying monkey caca...this.....from you??? :rofl :rofl
See Rule #4

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 07:39:05 AM »

As someone who has already spilled their "cocky wacko" all over the place, you'd know better than I if that were true.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 07:45:13 AM »
As someone who has already spilled their "cocky wacko" all over the place, you'd know better than I if that were true.

So true.  :rofl

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 09:22:40 AM »

That diaper has been overflowing for a while.  Someone grab some wipes.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 09:48:52 AM »
That diaper has been overflowing for a while.  Someone grab some wipes.

You'd need more than wipes......and no thanks!   :devil

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 09:50:14 AM »
mission from God?   :O

Well she might knows God better than God himself

maybe she hears voices too, whispering in her ear...