Author Topic: HtC no LikeY Bombers  (Read 1463 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: HtC no LikeY Bombers
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 11:41:31 PM »
It would, but it would get tards to start using B-25s, B-26s, Ju-88s, and when they up the occasional B-24 or B-17, they are smart enough to actually think about what they're doing...  :rolleyes:
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 11:42:01 PM »
I B24s in my preference are garbage that light up to easily , that being said , they still are useful enough to use.
Garbage? The B24 is the best bomber in the game. Bristling with MG's and 8,000 lbs of bombs.... sure, it lights up easily, but everything else most certainly pays off for that. It may not be perkable but it's certainly not garbage.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:44:34 PM by Motherland »

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 11:43:15 PM »
Garbage? The B24 is the best bomber in the game. Bristling with MG's and 8,000 lbs of bombs.... sure, it lights up easily, but everything else most certainly pays off for that. It may not be perkable but it's certainly not garbage.

I never said it was :huh

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »
Errr not you.

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 11:44:14 PM »
Have you looked into the He-177, the P.108 or the Do-217? Those were all German or Italian and some of the finest medium bombers of the war aside from the engine fires on the 177.
Indeed I have and they are great bombers that I would love to have in the game. But I would much rather have a26s and b29s in the game more than any other bomber just for the historical fact. I have in the past few months taken great interest in the bombers and have done less fighters. In that time I have become infatuated with them , not sure if I spelled that right :D. Point being said , once a person starts flying bombers every run , he starts to realize that there aren't very many bombers in the game. Basically all i fly is the b17 , which is a great bird. Compared to a b29 tho it isn't. But , these add ons to the game would be great for new feelings of the games. Of coarse the eny's would be set also to control the air time if these planes which would cause a round about table of using some of the older bomber models. Also you much take into consideration that if we do get a b29 it will be perked , minus the nuke for all you absolute no goers on that , at an extremely high price. For buffs you have to take into consideration that few pings some times you got fire b00m there goes a good 60 perks down the drain. So this isn't going to really change much in the game , just add to it and still giving it a timid usage so that we will still see some of the older bomber models.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 11:47:11 PM »
Okay, fine, under 2 conditions we can have the B-29. When it gets atleast 2 Sectors away, your icon can show up, and in huge flashing letters, it says on the map:

B-29 RIGHT HERE!>>> 29k!!

and 2, we can up 163s when a B-29 gets close to a base.

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 11:47:27 PM »
Every sortie I fly in b24s I can count on bailing because I certainly am not coming home. Compaired to some of the more sturdier bombers , it is beatin in many ways. B17 can kill 6 hangars and get you home without lighting on fire by looking at it funny. Anyways <S> ty for your influence on the topic but Its time to get back to the real world. Provided the post doesn't get too too big , I will next time I log on come and respond to everyones post to the best of my abilities and writing abilities <S> all and have a good night

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 12:03:58 AM »
Indeed I have and they are great bombers that I would love to have in the game. But I would much rather have a26s and b29s in the game more than any other bomber just for the historical fact.

:rofl

Sure they played a part in the war but many more had a much larger impact than those two.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 12:15:50 AM »

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 01:56:46 AM »
Thank you. We don't need more American planes Axis planes need to be added. :salute :salute

I agree, so, let me direct your attention to this post...  :aok

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,244544.msg2987474.html#msg2987474

:D
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 03:03:58 AM »
Man, I feel like there have been several very aggressive new additions to the BBS.  When I was new to the game, I didn't even bother posting for a while, the people here know far more than I do.  Plus, game time gives a huge understanding to why some things should/shouldn't be added.  I see people who has been on the BBS since for a couple months who will say something, and if someone says "No, that won't happen here's why," they go ballistic.  Calm down, you just lose support by getting mad (Plus you sound immature).  These people know what they are talking about, do a search on the "B-29" and the sheer number of threads about it will inform you on why your post is not seen in good light.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:57:06 AM by SectorNine50 »
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 03:13:20 AM »
he111 and all the others you mentioned aren't the best bombers , they would be like useless ju88s with 303 guns for defense. Although , they should be in the game , along with the more late model american bombers , regardless of you dont like the technology of them. It was a fine bomber and therefore should be in the game as a fine bomber with a nice perked value. And the other german italian etc bombers would just become another ju88 , ki67 etc AKA useless buffs that are fun to KAmoKazi. My main point is to add more bombers that are worthy of perking. Dont try to compair the late war bombers to b24s. That is a very poor poor assumption. And when I say need more american bombers , I mean we need more bombers that are perk worthy. You say you want the he111 which is and was a piece of crap. My main point here is to get more perked bombers , and the only bombers that are perk worthy are the late war american buffs.

We need the He-111 before anything. It will see widespread use in all the arenas and for scenarios it will be perfect.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 03:37:06 AM »
PERK THE BOMB LOADOUTS!!!! Gimme the option to carry 5k more bombs in the lanc and Ill be happy. Then youll see my arse 25k stratiegic bombing and 200 flooded with whines on how I ruined their fun cuz I their feild is leveled :D.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 06:50:12 AM »
First off, bombers are under utilized at this point as it is. And will continue to be so as long as any fighter can up with endless numbers of 1k bombs and rockets. While it was possible  for fighters to carry 1k bombs, until late in the war they just were not that commonly used "by fighters"  If you want to get strategic gameplay back, fighters need to be reined in on endless ord.

Second, a 2 week dweeb trying to lancstuka really isn't all that dangerous.
He hasn't got the skills to compete 1 on 1 with fighters. So he's just out to have some fun.
Secret is to make it more fun NOT to lancstuka.

Third, bombers get zero recognition for doing what they do. They pad their score (who cares) the accumulate more perks they can't spend (ar234 whoopie, not) they get credit for A2A kills instead of objects destroyed. You want to fix the bomber problem, start by making them a necessary part of the game in order to take bases. Then give them some respect "when" and only when its deserved.

Could be as simple as no points granted unless the plane lives x amount of time after bombs are dropped.
For true level bombers dropping when more than 5 degrees off level could and should damage the plane dropping.
If it happens, it should take out the drones as well.

Perking the larger bombers is only going to make this problem worse.
Giving the bomber pilots grief is whats caused this whole mess in the first place.

As you sow, so shall ye reap. Well AH you are reaping a bumper crop of bomber hell.

Enjoy

Giving all of the 4-engine bombers a small perk might decrease the number of LancStukas divebombing cv's and v-bases. :rolleyes:

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 06:53:57 AM »
Actually if you could read , you would have realized that I said drop the nuke meaning dont add the nuke. Nuke is a bomb no one wants which is fine. So dont add it and just add the bomber. WE NEED MORE BOMBERS. Not the german or italian crap , mostly the american bombers. German and italian are secondary for when ENY hits.

I would like to see incendiaries so we could firebomb the cities.