Author Topic: Gas Rationing  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Re: Gas Rationing
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 01:19:23 PM »
Such local supply disruptions due to localized events could be mostly avoided, if states would get together and agree on a common formulation for gasoline.  Here is one of the few areas where Federal leadership might be exercised to the common good (iffy, but possible).  That way, gasoline supply would be easily transferable from one area of the country to another.  Imagine the chaos if each state had their own standards for electricity generation and transmission?  California would be even more hosed than it currently is.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 01:20:13 PM »
Can you pump your own gas there yet? Or does the attendant still have to do it by law?

They don't wash our windshields anymore  :furious

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 01:49:03 PM »
Just got off the phone with my wife who used to work at a gas station/convenience store.  The manager still likes her and calls her with info.  She said that the gas is jumping from $3.59/gal here to around $6.00/gal tomorrow morning, so fill up tonight.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 02:12:59 PM »
Just got off the phone with my wife who used to work at a gas station/convenience store.  The manager still likes her and calls her with info.  She said that the gas is jumping from $3.59/gal here to around $6.00/gal tomorrow morning, so fill up tonight.

WHERE IS HERE?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 02:28:28 PM »
Southern VA
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 03:10:11 PM »
A jump of almost 100% in price would certainly make the news nationally. If this happens please provide a link to a publication running the story.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 03:16:37 PM »
nope
i'm in the great Peoples Free Republic of New Jersey :D

Peoples Republic, yes
Peoples FREE republic?
LOL your kidding right?
Not with emperor Corzine and all the democratic mob boss....err I mean political bosses at the helm. LMAO

On the UPSIDE

We do have our own refineries.  :aok
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 05:25:54 PM »
This just in... price here earlier this week was 3.21 at a nearby station... this evening it stands at 4.59, expecting higher prices tomorrow....
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 05:31:16 PM »
Just said on the news that oil prices have dropped below $100.00 a barrel.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 05:31:49 PM »
This just in... price here earlier this week was 3.21 at a nearby station... this evening it stands at 4.59, expecting higher prices tomorrow....

just got the word from the indian dude out front at the pumps.......he says it's going up .30 a gallon tomorrow here. effin mfers........not the guys at the pumps......the Golly-gee oil companies......any Golly-gee excuse to raise the effin prices.....and it'll take months for it to come back down again..IF it does.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 05:32:44 PM »
Just said on the news that oil prices have dropped below $100.00 a barrel.

and yet the prices of gas goes up. wonder if they're gonna tell us the dollar is weak? or maybe ike sunk all of the refineries in the gulf??
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 05:40:51 PM »
look, the only solution is to expand drilling and build many new refineries that will have the capacity to cover the stoppage caused by future calamities... Oh and the oil companies are not doing this it is in the hands of the hedge fund/speculator crowd and a few dishonest, opportunistic station owners
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 05:41:04 PM »
Danville VA. still showing prices ranging from $3.45 to $4.29. The last is the highest in town, not the average of $3.66.

Just curious, if you are reporting high price somewhere let us know the name of the city or town then we can look online to see prices and the range.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »
look, the only solution is to expand drilling and build many new refineries that will have the capacity to cover the stoppage caused by future calamities... Oh and the oil companies are not doing this it is in the hands of the hedge fund/speculator crowd and a few dishonest, opportunistic station owners

dude, i don't give a f%$k if they drill in the lake in back of my house, and build a refinery right next to it. i want to be abe to keep affording to drive, and fly.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 05:43:44 PM »
Danville VA. still showing prices ranging from $3.45 to $4.29. The last is the highest in town, not the average of $3.66.

Just curious, if you are reporting high price somewhere let us know the name of the city or town then we can look online to see prices and the range.

when i quote the pumps where my shop is, they're middle of the road on price...right now, 3.25. the 3.21 i quoted is around the corner from my house about 8 miles away.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"