Author Topic: Campaign Series: Italy '43-45 Frame One  (Read 1023 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Campaign Series: Italy '43-45 Frame One
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »

The first week of Campaign Series:Italy will focus on the Allied Invasion of Sicily. 

The starting map will look like this:

Red highlighted area will contain Allied starting Bases and Blue will be Axis.  We will be testing out a new feature this setup where bases can be set to "No Capture"  Five of the seven Allied starting bases on Sicily(I forgot to mark one in map above but 5th is V-base on Coast) will not be capable of being captured. The other two I'm calling para-drops and can be overrun. This will keep a certain Allied presence on the island all week.  There will be additional bases that have capture locked, but they should stay out of play and will be used in future weeks.

Arena Settings:

Switch Country Time Restraint: 30 mins
Icon Range: 3k
Fuel Burn: 1.0
Troops to Capture: 20
Radar: Full Friendly,   Enemy-10 Miles Dot Range and 30 miles DarBar range  Minimum Alt for both 500ft.
"AvA" Bombsite
Start will be on so strat targets will effect downtime.

Object Settings:

All Hangars = 2500 lbs
Ammo, Barracks, Fuel and Radar = 1000lbs
Town Buildings = 312.5 lbs

Down times will be the same as North Africa: AA for 30 mins, Base Facilities 45 mins and Towns for 60 mins

Planeset

Axis:

Bf109f
Bf109g-2
Bf109g-6
Bf110c
C202
C205
Fw190a-5
Ju87d
Ju88
Jeep
M-16
Sdkfz 251
Panzer IVH

Tigers will be available at 4 bases to start for the Axis per Axis CO.  If these bases are captured the Axis CO may continue to assign two bases with Tigers at all times(  I will try and fulfill these requests as soon as possible)

Allies:

P38G
P38J
P40e
P39d
P47d11
Spit VIII
Hurri IId
Boston
B25c
B26b
C47
M3
M16
M8
Sherman

*In all Allied bases NOT on Sicily the B17 and B24 will be available.

** Allies will have two Staff controlled CV fleets off of the beachhead to start.  They will have TBM, Seafire and F4f enabled.  I will also give them a hardness multiplier of 3 to help keep them from being sunk so readily.  Allied CO is open to request way point changes throughout the week.

Victory Conditions

I'm looking for a little input on this aspect.  I would like to set some victory conditions that forces the Allies to go offensive.  So gains must be made by the Allies to achieve victory.  I want the Axis to assume the role of defender(so I left C47 off their planeset).  I could base it upon the percentage of bases in Sicily captured??  And then I'm looking for ideas for rewards to apply to the winning side each week to be applied in the second week.  I don't want them to to too upsetting to the balance though.

Any ideas? 

This will be set up Tuesday night and I will list the results of North Africa.

<S> and thanks for your efforts guys.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:14:46 PM by TheBug »
的t's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
Re: Campaign Series: Italy '43-45 Frame One
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:14:55 PM »
A couple things bug. For the objectives, since this is the invasion of Sicily, make it so victory in this frame can only be achieved by taking AND holding all of the bases on the Island of Sicily. Make it so A 2, A 57 and A 56 have aircraft enabled at the bases, and that is the only place where aircraft can be upped at on the Italian peninsula. Also have the goon enabled at the above bases. Could you also have the hangers upped to maybe 5k, just because the allies have heavy bombers and one set of B-17s has enough ord to down more than several hangers. Finally have the bases that I listed above as marked as not able to capture, just so the Axis have a viable way of hitting back.

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:40:33 PM »
I got ninja'd.

Victory conditions for the first week is capturing Sicily. Or at least controlling it. The allies need to capture the 4 axis air bases.

This scenario though we need control of our carriers. We're going to need at least 2 fleets under our direct control, with LVT's. Seafires/F4F's and SBD's, and we need them in week 1. Capturing and holding 4 air bases is a tough call with these numbers.

Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 07:33:07 PM »
Sounds good to me, nice and simple.  All of Sicily has to be captured for an Allied Victory.  I will give Axis C47s on mainland Italy only.  Thank you for the input guys <S>  Ok now for the second part of the question what is a viable "reward" to be given to the winning side?  I must also mention that the plan is to reset the map on the second week with the bases set up for the Allied invasion at Salerno and Taranto.  This will be setup no matter the outcome of the first week.  Then in the final week it will be setup to represent the Allied attempts to crack the Winter Line.  So what would be a good incentive, a reward that will be worth winning but not knock the balance out of whack?

As for making a base set to no capture, I can't actually change that myself.  I have been able to use the no capture feature only thanks to the CM terrain team.  Through Dux's coordination, 68Falcons labors and Skuzzy's insight we will be able to finally use no capture in the AvA with relative ease.  But to set the base it involves a CM terrain team member to change a file and then have Skuzzy upload it.  So at this point I am going to go with the bases I have set to no capture, sorry.  This has also never been tested so I hope it works. :uhoh

As for the CV I'm going to keep it under staff control.  I am certain you wouldn't abuse it Drack, but sometimes people can wreak havoc it the AvA without knowing any better.  I will be available most nights to plot a new course, just PM the waypoints and as long as it is not used as a floating ack gun to suppress a base I will enter the waypoints. Also there will be LVTs I just forgot to mention them.

Thanks <S>
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 08:02:05 PM »
As for the hangar hardness and the amount of troops I will be watching the speed of capture closely. If the Axis are defending and they get taken too quick I may up these.  If they are taken quick but Axis is not interested in defending I will let them ride.

Also gonna make Corsica neutral, since it will most likely be the most out of the way place.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 08:07:00 PM by TheBug »
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »
Looks to be another good one, thanks TheBug and AvA staffers.

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 11:05:03 PM »
How about for the victory conditions if the allies can take and hold Sicily, they can up B-24s and B-17s for Sicily itself, if not they are stuck with North Africa. But still have Medium bombers enabled on Sicily for the next frame?
Also in the battle of aces, IIRC, the bases in the lower part of the Italian peninsula were easily shut down and a near 3 sector flight from any base was the only means of defence. So i was thinking that the bases in the lower part of the peninsula could be allied also.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 11:39:31 PM »
Are you referring to the second week Choppit, when you talk about the lower part of the peninsula?
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 12:01:13 AM »
Yes I am Bug.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 10:08:06 AM »
During the second week(and also the third) the map will be reset and setup to somewhat represent the historical time frame.  So for the the second week, no matter the outcome of the first week the map will be reset and the Allies will have control of all of Sicily, the "toe of the boot"(to represent the advances of the British 8th Army), a beachhead at Salerno and a beachhead at Taranto.  Both beachhead areas will be set to no capture.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:24:57 AM »
What motive do you need for winning other than winning? :cool:
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
In the final frame which of the lines that composed of the Winter line would be the objective? I'm guessing it would be the Gustav Line?

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 09:52:44 AM »
Bug, did you notice that the 109 in your banner isn't one we have in AH? :cry
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 10:14:22 AM »
You mean the skin or the variant?  Thought it was a G6??

But dude, really....  You're breaking my stones here.   :D
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 10:19:05 AM »
That looks like a G-10 with that long tail wheel, but then again I'm just a bomber pilot.  :D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV